Ebola outbreak - general thread #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of thermometer did the nurse use to take her own temperature? There's always a margin of error depending on how it's taken and I'm sure the nurse knew that. JMO

It doesn't matter. She had a fever. CDC director claimed she shouldn't have been flying at all. Yet they told her it was o'key to fly with a fever.
It's absolutely irresponsible beyond belief.

This news about the nurse flying on the plane has just broken here in Australia...... and now I see the above posts where the CDC have told her it was okay to fly with a fever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in Australia and I am absolutely furious, so can just imagine how you US posters must be feeling now.

When are they going to take this threat VERY seriously and take absolutely no risks at all???

There are a couple of doctors and scientists all around the world saying that we can no be absolutely sure that it isn't contagious before the fever breaks.

I am dumbfounded as to why they would let a nurse who treated an ebola patient on a plane, especially when they say they had a fever....

Can anyone fill me in, in why the CDC and authorities seem to be quite slack with their measures to ensure this disease doesn't spread???? Is it to stop panic, or fear of Political Correct backlash????

If I was the head of the CDC, at the moment, I would be taking absolutely no risks and make sure strict quarantine procedures were in place for everyone treating EBola patients and have them in place for about a month, just to be on the safe side..............and fight for full financial backing to make sure all protection gear was top quality and extremely protective.......

I know I am repeating myself, but truly.............they let her on a plane with a fever!!!!

I am reposting this. It is important IMO> MEdia has been bashing poor nurse who is sick, sperated and worried about her doggie, flying away from home. IMO its wrong.

She called CBC prior to getting to on plane and they told her it was fine per CNN.

We all have been following this from beginning - does anyone recall being "monitored" really means the same thing as quarentine - cant ride bus subway get on plane. If that were true (that is what monitoring mean) then it is a soft word for quarentine.

If one cant get on plane - in that logic the supermarket etc etc too. I am not saying I beleive that,IMO they are scaring people to death .

IMO she did what a pro should do, once she started she took her responsilites. What does the media think she should have done - based on info given her''

That is the whole mess with this - not the virus--would anyone get "lost" if I gave directions like this:

At the first light take right
go a mile
no at first light take left
go a mile
make a right
no go 2 miles
bla bla!

NO MORE DOGGIE MURDERS!

So why didn't the CDC, when this first starting circulating in the media, clarify that THEY WERE (simply for emphasis) contacted by this nurse and gave her the go ahead? Instead, they've threw her under the bus and made media statements that she should have known not to fly. How did this news, that she actually called the CDC, finally come out, do we know? I've been cool with the CDC's handling of this --- up til now. Now I'm pi--ed.

JMO ~

I have ZERO faith in the CDC now.

I like their guidelines and research and protocols just fine - if only everyone (including their own people answering the phones!) followed them!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess would be the CDC did not tell them not to fly, but to carefully look for a fever and not make any moves other than alerting them if one arose. If she wasn't told otherwise, I don't blame her for flying - I would be pretty confident I was safe but be obsessive about taking my temperature just in case. If she knew she had a fever prior to boarding, that was not a good move, but it's possible she didn't. And I have a slightly elevated temperature a lot, so I wouldn't think much of it at first. Hopefully she wasn't very contagious at that point - it seems like she wouldn't be.

Hi Garden!

I do not know if monitor meant no flying - that IMO, is like giving a test and 2 of the chapters on the test one was not told to prepare! Now Erin is saying it meant stay home???

I wonder who on earth she spoke to at CDC? Someone violated their own guidelines. :eek:hoh:

The CDC are responsible IMO if any other people contract Ebola because of this decision. Disgusting. JMO

and now they are chagning (agian ) the temp lower, just crazy most know that each persons body spikes fever to different degress same bug.

Yes. 98.6 is no longer the "normal"

The local rumor mill is bursting at the seams. Hopefully, nothing but rumors. If not, grab your butts !

What kind of thermometer did the nurse use to take her own temperature? There's always a margin of error depending on how it's taken and I'm sure the nurse knew that. JMO

Friedan said today they were not to go on any mass transportation at all, fever or not.

FOX 4 News
2 mins ·
‪#‎BREAKING‬: CDC officials confirm to FOX 4 that they told ‪#‎Ebola‬ patient Amber Vinson it was OK for her to fly on Monday, even with a low grade fever... Vinson had called them & asked if it was OK to fly...
I thought an hr ago the CDC said she should NOT have flown ????

The local rumor mill is bursting at the seams. Hopefully, nothing but rumors. If not, grab your butts !

I've seen some Dallas healthcare folks talking on other parts of the interwebz today, and have heard some of the rumors... Not surprising (I've figured, since The Duncan fiasco, that we'd see at least a half dozen cases), but not good either.

I read that the hospital cafeteria where Mr. Duncan died is a ghost town.

We own a small restaurant. I was thinking of the tv personality who broke her confinement, so she could go to her "favorite" soup restaurant. Thankfully, she didn't go inside, but can you imagine if she had? That restaurant would have been shunned for a long time.

I was thinking of all the businesses near where the infected where living. They run that risk as well.

Today I went to a local taco shop for I like because it has a great help yourself salsa bar. I know we don't have any cases here, but I was still thinking, gee, what if somebody who did have Ebola sneezed in it? Eeek!

Even grocery shopping, the dry cleaners, etc. Etc.

If someone was infected in our town, how many people would be going out to eat? Probably very few.

Did anyone hear on CNN that the CDC is changing the protocol from 101.5 to 100.5?

This: Prime example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

Friedan said today they were not to go on any mass transportation at all, fever or not.

Apparently he didn't tell it to rest of CDC.
Because somebody told this woman to fly.

FOX 4 News
2 mins ·
‪#‎BREAKING‬: CDC officials confirm to FOX 4 that they told ‪#‎Ebola‬ patient Amber Vinson it was OK for her to fly on Monday, even with a low grade fever... Vinson had called them & asked if it was OK to fly...
I thought an hr ago the CDC said she should NOT have flown ????
Sure did. At all (fever or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members