Ebola outbreak - general thread #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just WOW. She would not have been allowed to board in West Africa.............DR> GUPTA CNN. jmo

Everyone realizes that the CDC has no authority at the present time to enforce any protocols or anything, right?

Yes, phone operator screwed up with Nurse 2 if this is true. But the real lapse here is the local/state health department down there in Dallas (not to mention the hospital). They absolutely did NOT oversee that their facilities were ready for Ebola (or any other contagious disease, apparently), up to date on CDC guidelines, and ready to handle even just ONE case, never mind a handful or more.

I so agree. The hospital is responsible for enforcement, not the CDC yet the CDC is going to step in and do it. Taxpayers foot the bill yet again.

Last month, I phoned the IRS with a tax question and was on hold 61 minutes before hanging up. Today, I phoned Social Security and was on hold for 1hour and 48 minutes before hanging up because my phone battery was low.

JMO

Guildlines for fever have changed to lowered threshold down now......................not 101.5 now to 100.4

CBS News ‏@CBSNews 27s27 seconds ago
Ebola nurse called CDC several times before boarding flight http://cbsn.ws/1ssstwf

I am really glad this is coming out because it's NOT her fault. The people in ' charge' are incompetent fools and initially wanted to put the blame on her and let her seem like the one who was careless. I'm sorry Nurse number 2, that I thought you were foolish for a bit. Really glad the CDC is taking responsibility for this. Poor thing. She trusted them and probably feels AWFUL for potentially spreading it. Bless her !

Cohen says that hospital will no answer her questions
O/T KDKA Pittsburgh news admitted that the local big hospitals are asking for protocol help and education............not prepared!

As Claire Randall Fraser from the Outlander books would say:

"Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ!" Sorry if anyone is offended.

After reading the past few pages, I will retract most of my criticism of AV. I personally think it would be a "DUH" moment to to even consider getting on public transportation while feeling bad. But if she was informed by the CDC it was okay, I'm going to have to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Really, if this weren't a matter of public safety, it would be comical. Un effing believable.

Everyone realizes that the CDC has no authority at the present time to enforce any protocols or anything, right?

Yes, phone operator screwed up with Nurse 2 if this is true. But the real lapse here is the local/state health department down there in Dallas (not to mention the hospital). They absolutely did NOT oversee that their facilities were ready for Ebola (or any other contagious disease, apparently), up to date on CDC guidelines, and ready to handle even just ONE case, never mind a handful or more.

According to the nurses, sounds like 80% of the hospitals in the country are the same

As satisfying as it is to dogpile on PHD, we are in danger of trying to convince ourselves that "THAT hospital" is the problem. I think we need to realize that this is probably representative of a whole lot of places, though I don't want to take away anything from facilities which might actually be ready and capable.

It's a wake up call for every hospital in every state.

Still trying to figure out how Duncan's family,who lived in close quarters with him when he was acutely ill,unprotected,managed not to develop ebola,and protected nurses did.Testing for fevers at airports will not work at airports when flu season is upon us.Neither will asking if a patient travelled recently to Africa....what about travel to Dallas,Cleveland as well?

Still trying to figure out how Duncan's family,who lived in close quarters with him when he was acutely ill,unprotected,managed not to develop ebola,and protected nurses did.Testing for fevers at airports will not work at airports when flu season is upon us.Neither will asking if a patient travelled recently to Africa....what about travel to Dallas,Cleveland as well?

Well, he was in the early stages at home, and in "all hell breaks loose" stages at PHD.

We need a CDC/National Health dept/bureau/whatever with the TEETH to enforce these things. As it is, we have so many in the country who oppose anything being done on the federal level, leaving it all up to the states and localities.

So you will get one outcome in Dallas, and you might get a completely different outcome here in Massachusetts, where public health is heavily funded and we have some of the best hospitals in the country, if not the world. We are lucky that we have strong health funding and enforcement here. I feel badly for folks in states where they do not.

The United States health care system is the most expensive in the world, but this report and prior editions consistently show the U.S. underperforms relative to other countries on most dimensions of performance. Among the 11 nations studied in this report—Australia, Canada, France, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States—the U.S. ranks last, as it did in the 2010, 2007, 2006, and 2004

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/fund-reports/2014/jun/mirror-mirror

I'm really worried about Amber. Condition is worse than Ninas per CNN via CDC. Is there anyone that can provide blood for her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8