Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes sweat is a bodily fluid.

Well lets hope he had his own shoes!!
Its funny because in my husbands business he deals with skate rentals. He has to dry them off and put them away. He always wears gloves but he also sharpens skates and he definitely doesn't wear gloves every time when he does that so he touches peoples sweat. It really makes me wonder what happens with bowling shoes.

I heard on the news that the Docs w/o Borders don't have to be in isolation upon return from treating ebola patients. They may elect to if they wish, but it is not mandatory. I wonder how the rules will change. Hubby has never had the extra time to do volunteer with Docs w/o Borders, but many of our friends do. They are such an amazing group, I trust that their practices will now change.

You know, their standards are so high that honestly before now, I would have felt okay with them doing elective isolation upon return. Their standards are HIGH, and their results speak for themselves.

But now with this guy? I have to wonder if it is an American thing. Bravado? What? :ohoh: I hope either our volunteers get smarter, or their rules upon return change. :sigh:

How wonderful that many are now surviving ebola! Presuming that they all have assorted blood types, they may donate blood to new outbreaks for passive immunity.

I'm sorry but these people who have been around/exposed to other Ebola patients need to be arrested for not quarantining themselves away from people. This is absolute b.s and it makes me furious. I mean seriously. SMFH.

What about bowling shoes? Can sweat transmit it?

Yes, but from what I've read, it shows up first in the blood and it takes a while to finally make it to sweat. I think it begins shedding in vomit and feces before it makes it to sweat.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong as I don't have a link, but I believe that is the case.

I think NYC will be okay. Remember 9/11, and the calm and cooperation? We tend to ignore things and go on with our lives in the NE (and that's good and bad, really... obviously we would have hoped that this dude DIDNT ignore his symptoms and situation :facepalm: ) But I think most people realize that statistically, their chances of catching this by chance in the city is pretty small.

Let's hope so. I hope the hardy people of NYC will look at Dallas and take some comfort in the fact that NO ONE who was around Mr. Duncan in the early phases of his illness has yet become sick. Have faith, NYC!

I think at the first sign of "not feeling good",they should put two and two together and stay in. obviously the fever isn't always a good gauge. If he was monitoring it,it quickly went from normanl to 103!

My family have their own bowling equipment BECAUSE we all noticed years ago and now all they do is spray LYSOL inside the shoes with a quick spray and I have never seen balls (holes) cleaned....

I'm sorry but these people who have been around/exposed to other Ebola patients need to be arrested for not quarantining themselves away from people. This is absolute b.s and it makes me furious. I mean seriously. SMFH.

No one has caught Ebola by being around someone who was exposed to Ebola. The only cases in America have been people who were in close contact to dying patients.

The NYC marathon is Sunday Nov 2. I wonder if this is going to disrupt that.

Let's hope so. I hope the hardy people of NYC will look at Dallas and take some comfort in the fact that NO ONE who was around Mr. Duncan in the early phases of his illness has yet become sick. Have faith, NYC!

I think if there are sporadic cases people will be ok. If God forbid we ever have a cluster of cases in multiple cities it could get bad. Right now the success for treatment here has been good,but I have to wonder how good the care will be if this ever multiplied.

No one has caught Ebola by being around someone who was exposed to Ebola. The only cases in America have been people who were in close contact to dying patients.

yeah I know... That is what I mean. if these people who are exposed Ebola that come from Africa and then are going into the public need to be prosecuted for not staying the eff inside. I'm sorry but this is BS that they are putting others at risk for spreading it.

Who knows what will happen as more people get the virus. We may see other manifestations from causes other than taking care of nearly dead patient.

yeah I know... That is what I mean. if these people who are exposed Ebola that come from Africa and then are going into the public need to be prosecuted for not staying the eff inside. I'm sorry but this is BS that they are putting others at risk for spreading it.

You cannot prosecute them for doing something that is not illegal. Should be common sense, but as of now, there was no legal impediment to him going out.

You cannot prosecute them for doing something that is not illegal. Should be common sense, but as of now, there was no legal impediment to him going out.

I know. I'm just frustrated with these idiots! I'm not trying to be rude but like you said it's common sense. I would NEVER risk other people if I came from Africa and was around people who had Ebola.

At this point, the strippers seem to be more responsible than some HCWs:biggrin:

So per the NYT, his specialty is international emergency medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center. Here is info about the training:

http://www.iemfellowships.com/prog_main.php?id=91

I'm honestly not surprised strippers have more common sense than doctors, lol!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest