Ebola outbreak - general thread #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Derrick Ward ‏@DerrickWard4 7m7 minutes ago
#Inova Fairfax Hosp, sick woman from bus at pentagon brought here. Hazmat protocols in place.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0KbrVICYAAJHgb.jpg

Fairfax County ‏@fairfaxcounty 5m5 minutes ago
RT @fairfaxhealth: We are aware of the possible #Ebola patient taken to Inova Fairfax Hospital. We are actively monitoring the situation.

Just thinking out loud....I wonder if this woman works at the Pentagon or was just commuting by there on the bus?

JMO We do not need photo ops, just factual reporting. JMO

The problem with "factual" reporting is that the "facts"keep changing. Sometimes, pictures do the trick (depending on the picture,of course!).

The two male models are on CNN right now speaking live from their homes. They contacted CDC and self-quarantined. These guys are great, responsible people.

They (two male models on the plane with nurse) were told their quarantine is voluntary. They think that is irresponsible and believe it should be mandatory.

Health care professionals visiting the two male models were not wearing protective gear such a gloves according to them.

Here's something I find interesting. Carnival Cruise Lines Brand Ambassador, John Heald, just reported on his facebook page that Mexican customs failed to clear the Carnival Magic. Therefore the ship is headed home to Galveston. I find it interesting because the Mexican government does absolutely nothing to keep its citizens from flooding over the Texas border every day.

The two male models are on CNN right now speaking live from their homes. They contacted CDC and self-quarantined. These guys are great, responsible people.

Possibly proof that some people are more diligent than others?

Dr. Nancy Sniderman and her NBC crew violated self-quarantine, the family of patient zero (index patient) violated self-quarantine orders as well.

I really don't know what to think at this point. Some people seem to be taking precautionary measures while others feel a sense of entitlement to just go on with their daily routines without regard to who else they might expose.

It's eye-opening and discouraging to say the least.

How will 21 day quarantine work for those who cannot afford to do so? Those workers and their families will be on the streets and hungry. The majority will not be on paid leave.

How will 21 day quarantine work for those who cannot afford to do so? Those workers and their families will be on the streets and hungry. The majority will not be on paid leave.

I don't have a link to this info because I heard about in on CNN tv last night. But according to what I THINK I heard, these people will be paid from federal or state tax funded dollars if their employers don't offer them full pay.

Maybe I misheard, but I don't think so.

I don't have a link to this info because I heard about in on CNN tv last night. But according to what I THINK I heard, these people will paid from tax funded dollars if their employers don't offer them full pay.

Maybe I misheard, but I don't think so.

A bit off-topic, but the ebola situation is a reminder to everyone to build up a nest eggs of savings that could last a few months. Ebola might not hit our families, but another crisis could and having some cushion makes dealing with a crisis much more manageable.

Oh, that's easy. We take the money that the CDC is spending on research like "why are lesbians fat" and we use it instead to provide for the people being put into quarantine.

Seriously, yeah, I understand that's a serious question, and most people can't just up and go 21 days without working. If they can manage to nip this thing in the bud, before there are thousands of people sick or in quarantine, the amount of money needed for that purpose is chump change. There are probably slush funds in every department in every branch of government that could cover those expenses, without even messing with official budgets.

Passengers aboard a chartered bus carrying members of the military and others related to them tell FOX 5 a woman they didn't know boarded th bus, went to the back and went in the bathroom. That woman was apparently vomiting, and told authorities she recently traveled to Africa.

The passengers told FOX 5 they were headed to a change of command ceremony at Barracks Row, and that the woman was not part of their group. Authorities say the bus driver didn't know about the woman's claims that she had been to Africa recently, and he proceeded with his route after she got off. The bus was stopped after the driver was notified by emergency officials of the Ebola concern.
http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/26813907/hazmat-team-called-to-pentagon-because-of-ebola-scare

Reminder: blogs need to be approved by a moderator or an administration.

I was just wondering this myself. There are many families who cannot survive 3 weeks of no work and there are many jobs who will not tolerate 3 weeks of no work. Will their jobs take them back after missing 3 weeks? Or will their jobs be too afraid to let them come back at all? Messy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en