DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, I totaly believe her. Frontier freaking out is just that IMO

My reasoning here
_ She is nurse
- She firsthand witnessed and expericned the ravages of the illiness
-The notion that she would not do anything, to prevent herself from being at risk of a horrible illiness IMO defies logic
-As a nurse, she is fully aware that the earlier the intervention the prognois changes - what, she is going to delibertly stall that , with awareness that is what she is doing and impact her remaining alive while avoiding mind numbing misery???? ...........

- She was going to see her family - there is just no human being , who expericed it first hand, would risk her family and friends to any possiblity of exposing them
_ She had a wedding coming, expericed enorumous stressers the past two weeks, the notion that at first she feels a bit burnt out and tired, would make sense forgeting Ebola - she had a exhausting two weeks

IMO it is everyone trying to spread blame, dodge (who cares who called who) the bottom line is she had contact, with an agency that is supposed to know stuff, who told her it was fine for her to board the airliner and return home

Now, is in a hospital bed, not knowing what shall happen next and watching headlines that, without any proof are declaring that "nurse exposed people on purpose

Shame on you CDC - they need to remember that all this folks are suffering and scared enough with blame IMO

https://gma.yahoo.com/ebola-nurse-d...dc-flight-122900905--abc-news-topstories.html

Well, well, well...the plot thickens.....

ETA: Summary: It says AV called TX Health Officials, not CDC, for ok to fly.
I don't 'get' what the big deal is. The article says:

"Dallas nurse Amber Vinson did not directly call federal health officials for permission to board a passenger flight Monday, instead talking to a team of Texas health officials who relayed her symptoms to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, her uncle told ABC News.

“They called Amber back and told her, ‘The CDC is OK with it. You can travel,” Lawrence Vinson said today.

Vinson said his niece would not have traveled if she had been worried about her condition.​

It seems that people are determined to trash this young woman no matter what.

Here is Amber's uncle's interview from CNN last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP5uQu92Tu8

She said she felt well until Tuesday morning and her temp was 100.3. Amber was in OH when she found about Pham and the hospital contacted the ICU team to monitor them temp, but there was no reporting requirement. TX contacted her and asked for her temp and someone in TX made several calls to the CDC and they told her it was ok to fly.

IMO, I totaly believe her. Frontier freaking out is just that IMO

My reasoning here
_ She is nurse
- She firsthand witnessed and expericned the ravages of the illiness
-The notion that she would not do anything, to prevent herself from being at risk of a horrible illiness IMO defies logic
-As a nurse, she is fully aware that the earlier the intervention the prognois changes - what, she is going to delibertly stall that , with awareness that is what she is doing and impact her remaining alive while avoiding mind numbing misery???? ...........

- She was going to see her family - there is just no human being , who expericed it first hand, would risk her family and friends to any possiblity of exposing them
_ She had a wedding coming, expericed enorumous stressers the past two weeks, the notion that at first she feels a bit burnt out and tired, would make sense forgeting Ebola - she had a exhausting two weeks

IMO it is everyone trying to spread blame, dodge (who cares who called who) the bottom line is she had contact, with an agency that is supposed to know stuff, who told her it was fine for her to board the airliner and return home

Now, is in a hospital bed, not knowing what shall happen next and watching headlines that, without any proof are declaring that "nurse exposed people on purpose

Shame on you CDC - they need to remember that all this folks are suffering and scared enough with blame IMO

I'm just speaking for myself here. but IF I had recently treated an Ebola patient who had died just two days before I hopped on a commercial flight, I would have stayed home and waited to see if I developed any symptoms myself.

I don't think anyone has suggested that she exposed her family or ANYONE on purpose, just that she was negligent as a health care worker who KNEW she had been exposed to someone who she was in close contact with and had died from Ebola just two days before she flew from Dallas to Cleveland and back again.

Sorry for the run on sentence. I'm just beyond frustrated at this point. I have friends and family from the Cleveland / Akron area. This entire Ebola thing is no longer confined to West Africa, but right in our own backyards.

I'm agitated and VERY nervous since I don't trust the CDC at this point.

I am still showing up at my local no kill animal shelter for my volunteer work. Again, I'm not afraid of any animal now, it appears to be humans that need to be avoided. Whether they intentionally or unintentionally exposed someone else to this disease.

Another weird random vomit story, lol.

I agree it is weird. Do people just out of the blue vomit without having symptoms earlier? If she was that ill shouldn't she be at home in bed? This whole thing is really amazing to me that people can act so stupid. jmo

Fairfax County ‏@fairfaxcounty 6m6 minutes ago
3:07 pm RT @fairfaxhealth: @CDCgov contacted by @VDHgov to determine whether #ebola testing of individual warranted. http://ow.ly/CWkKz
I'm going to step out on a limb here and just assume that this patient just might be the woman who boarded a bus just to go to the bathroom and vomit. This woman stated that she had just returned from Liberia. I would think that considering just these two facts, Ebola testing is warranted. JMO

From the article:

“We were well-prepared to take care of a patient who walked in holding a sign that says, ‘I have Ebola,’” Varga said.

Duncan practically did walk in with such a sign. Someone didn't read the sign that said "I just came in from Liberia." Couple that with ebola symptoms, and it would appear that someone has a reading comprehension problem. Looks to me like a great big flashing "I have ebola" sign.

So Baylor didn't say the patient doesn't have Ebola, only that the patient didn't have an Ebola diagnosis while at Baylor? :thinking:

The search for people who may have been exposed to the deadly Ebola virus continued to widen Friday with Frontier Airlines and both federal and state officials reaching out to over 700 passengers and crew, following the diagnosis of a second Dallas nurse who took two commercial flights between Dallas and Cleveland — while possibly showing symptoms of the disease.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/...ebola-patients-those-possibly-exposed-widens/

Is it me or are they pretty sure she was contagious to go this far to reach people, wouldn't people know that they were on that plane.

From the article:

“We were well-prepared to take care of a patient who walked in holding a sign that says, ‘I have Ebola,’” Varga said.

Duncan practically did walk in with such a sign. Someone didn't read the sign that said "I just came in from Liberia." Couple that with ebola symptoms, and it would appear that someone has a reading comprehension problem. Looks to me like a great big flashing "I have ebola" sign.

But what Duncan didn't tell anyone on his initial visit was that he had carried a pregnant women with Ebola who died just hours after he had body fluid contact with her.

Respectfully.
Perhaps, "it isn't any of our business". In my case & I'm sure also for many others here, we are concerned about her & hope that she is progressing & doing as well as possible. No evil intent in that.

Oh, I totally agree that a lot of us are very concerned for her and want to hear how she is doing. My point was just that there is no "need to know" from a public safety perspective. I also respect the fact that there might be reasons why her and her family want to keep her name out of the paper.

I was going to add that to my post, but got interrupted and just hit the Post button.

Oh, I totally agree that a lot of us are very concerned for her and want to hear how she is doing. My point was just that there is no "need to know" from a public safety perspective. I also respect the fact that there might be reasons why her and her family want to keep her name out of the paper.

I was going to add that to my post, but got interrupted and just hit the Post button.

Then why is her cousin giving interviews?

I'm going to step out on a limb here and just assume that this patient just might be the woman who boarded a bus just to go to the bathroom and vomit. This woman stated that she had just returned from Liberia. I would think that considering just these two facts, Ebola testing is warranted. JMO
She is. I have been posting links.

So now they are saying the hospital worker on the cruise ship maybe showing symptoms (second link from Belize).

Mexico and Belize are NOT granting the ship access to their shores. The ship is planning to return home now. The 3500 aboard that ship are surely not happy campers, this is going to slow down the cruise industry even more.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ng-texas-ebola-nurse-refused-entry-in-belize/

http://belizean.com/belize-confirms-patient-with-ebola-symptoms-on-cruise-ship-off-its-coast-1814/

Have they confirmed Ebolla in this person? ty

I don't think we know yet. I assume it could be positive, as they have had more than 6 hours for the test AND Baylor's statement says the person indicated contact with a person who has Ebola.

I am wondering if the woman on the bus is a homeless person who generally uses public rest rooms She might have viewed the bus as an accessible public rest room so she went there rather than vomiting in the streets. As the for claim that she recently came from Africa, a large portion of the homeless population are mentally ill.

So now they are saying the hospital worker on the cruise ship maybe showing symptoms (second link from Belize).

Mexico and Belize are NOT granting the ship access to their shores. The ship is planning to return home now. The 3500 aboard that ship are surely not happy campers, this is going to slow down the cruise industry even more.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ng-texas-ebola-nurse-refused-entry-in-belize/

http://belizean.com/belize-confirms-patient-with-ebola-symptoms-on-cruise-ship-off-its-coast-1814/

That second link has been floating around since this morning. CCL spokesman John Heald states she is not having any symptoms. But, who knows??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129