Egypt Air flight 804 missing, 19 May 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Been having a theory on why not much debri in some deep water crashes.

I think if the angle of the planes crash is close to a nose dive or even angled some then my theory is that the planes may not break apart into millions of pieces like some people think they would. I am thinking the planes sink quickly and end up on the bottom and not much debri floats to top.

I know we have seen other crashes where a plane hits water and there is tons of debri but I do think that sometimes under the right conditions the plane will end up diving in the water and not break apart much at all and just sink.

I think it would explain a lot of the incidents like this one where not much debris is found.

Just a theory I have been mulling over.

It really is quite astoundling, and happening more and more, that stories go big and totally die , and media does nothing. It gets more big brother eeeee day by day moo

no evidence of an intentional crash has been found and no one has claimed responsibility, which is rare in terrorism cases.

Hi Hat!

I think there are far more very lightweight parts on aircraft today than many imagine. They really are not metal any longer. Planes are made out of strong plastic, carbon and some glass! They call it composite materials.

Deisigned to be very light for fuel costs.
[FONT=&amp] The A320 is the first subsonic aircraft to incorporate composite primary structures. Super fast planes have used it before to help make em go fast![/FONT]

Large peices of aircraft that have crashed in water have been found floating cause of these composites.

AMercian, Air France, TWA, Egypt Air

587-3.jpg

images

gOOGLE IMAGES !

egy-a-piece-of-aircraft-wreck-debris-is-seen-floating-january-5-2004-picture-id2845116

This is just ridiculous. Won't be flying EgyptAir anytime soon or most likely ever. Can you imagine, there's not even been a passenger list shared (saw one by an unknown person only), no details on JL's progress & Marine traffic site doesn't even have JL locations. No news from the search except this & it's WaPo...

Egypt says time running out to find EgyptAir black boxes

In a statement Sunday, they say that searches by ships in the area will intensify, given that only around five days remain before the batteries of the flight’s data and cockpit voice recorders expire and they stop emitting signals.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...b7f71a-30d6-11e6-ab9d-1da2b0f24f93_story.html

Sarah El Sirgany ‏@Ssirgany 42m42 minutes ago
The data recorders will keep sending a signal until June 24th, the investigation committee said. #ms804 #cnn

Sarah El Sirgany ‏@Ssirgany 40m40 minutes ago
A representative of the American NTSB will participate in the investigation, since the US is the manufacturing country of the motors. #ms804

https://twitter.com/Ssirgany

This is just ridiculous. Won't be flying EgyptAir anytime soon or most likely ever. Can you imagine, there's not even been a passenger list shared (saw one by an unknown person only), no details on JL's progress & Marine traffic site doesn't even have JL locations. No news from the search except this & it's WaPo...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...b7f71a-30d6-11e6-ab9d-1da2b0f24f93_story.html

The data recorders will keep sending a signal until June 24th, the investigation committee said. #ms804 #cnn

A representative of the American NTSB will participate in the investigation, since the US is the manufacturing country of the motors. #ms804

It beggars belief it really does I'm surprised they haven't gave up and gone home already it's like they don't want to find them.

It beggars belief it really does I'm surprised they haven't gave up and gone home already it's like they don't want to find them.

Of course they don't. Doing that would show that the problem was with the aircraft and/or the crew, not a convenient bomb. So much easier to shrug, avoid having to do an investigation, and call it a bomb.
/tinfoil hat, sure, but I'm keeping it on. :alien3:

The mapper received a message from the owner of JL, DOS, more or less saying there is a contract for this search & it's not being tracked due to the requirements of the contract. Other ships/vessels searching have changed names on Marine Traffic tracking site also. There has to be a good reason, you would think? Mapper says he can tell they are making progress despite all the secrecy, name changing & disappearences, reappearances of ships/vessels helping in the search.

Take this for what it's worth. It's about the only news since June 1st about finding MH804. Also mentioned it's a rough neighborhood meaning the search location. Would that be pirates? Immigrant smugglers? Mafia? hmmm

How long has it been since it went down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 19th their time, they're ahead of us, this thread was started May 18th 11:26 PM
Wiki link - EgyptAir Flight 804 (MS804/MSR804) was a scheduled international passenger flight from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to Cairo International Airport, operated by EgyptAir, which crashed into the Mediterranean Sea on 19 May 2016 at 02:33 Egypt Standard Time (UTC+2).

It really blows me away that they found an oil slick, "body parts" and other items, yet they have not found the wreckage? I can't believe how secretive they're being, especially since they have not released the passenger list as you said.

Searchers spotted the wreckage of EgyptAir Flight 804, which plunged into the Mediterranean Sea with 66 people onboard nearly one month ago, Egyptian authorities announced Wednesday.

The discovery came only days before the 30-day lifespan expired on the batteries for the emergency signals from the Airbus A320’s recorders in the May 19 crash.

A vessel contracted by the Egyptian government to join the search “identified several main locations of the wreckage" and the first images of the wreckage were provided to the investigation committee, the Associated Press reported. Searchers plan to map the wreckage's distribution on the seabed.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ge-spotted-mediterranean-egypt-says/85942074/

ReutersAerospaceNews ‏@ReutersAero 3h3 hours ago
Egyptian investigators says Egyptair cockpit voice recorder was damaged but able to salvage memory unit #MS804

From Egyptian statement: CVR 'was retrieved in several stages as it was damaged but the vessel equipment managed to pick up the memory unit'

#MS804 CVR is now en route to Alexandria where it will be received by prosecutors and investigators, statement adds

https://twitter.com/ReutersAero/with_replies

Yay!

Thanks everyone for the updates !
Hoping for some solid answers for the families.
My .02 is that this was faulty mechanics and the airline needs to make some changes asap.

This won't be popular at all. The whole avionics industry needs an overhaul, among many other areas of communications in the world.

jmo

i have a friend who is an airline mechanic, i will not name the company he worked for, he said corners are cut all the time on repairs, he was forced to do dangerous repairs that he knew were not safe, he ended up quitting his job because he could not handle the guilt anymore, about 8-12 months after he quit his job that same carrier (a very large well known company) had a very serious accident, and the cause was concluded as "mechanical failure"

his boss would say straight out to him "these planes don't make money on the ground", and for every hour a plane is in the shop it cost the company about $50,000

i have a friend who is an airline mechanic, i will not name the company he worked for, he said corners are cut all the time on repairs, he was forced to do dangerous repairs that he knew were not safe, he ended up quitting his job because he could not handle the guilt anymore, about 8-12 months after he quit his job that same carrier (a very large well known company) had a very serious accident, and the cause was concluded as "mechanical failure"

his boss would say straight out to him "these planes don't make money on the ground", and for every hour a plane is in the shop it cost the company about $50,000

It is sad but true. Employees getting pressure to cut corners.

Terrible and should be criminal.

There was a special documentary on the Dreamliner that had those same issues. That plane sounds scary to me from that documentary.
Its the one that had the battery issues when first launched.

Your story reminded me of the time I worked construction and had to build scaffolding to get up to a place 20 feet off the ground.

I built it using some good wood and my boss yelled at me for using some of the good wood. He told me I should build the scaffolding with the knotted crappy wood. I ignored him and kept using good wood and would get in trouble for it over and over. My life was on the line because I had to go on that scaffolding and I was not about to have it break and have me tumble to my death. As well as my coworkers.

Your story is similar. Bosses directing their employees to use substandard or subpar fixes. It should be criminal. Especially in airplanes or anything related to mass transportation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeptemberDaffodil
Back