Egypt Air flight 804 missing, 19 May 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The news reports on the data recorder say MH804 stopped communicating at 37,000'. That just brings to mind all kinds of awful thoughts for the passengers & crew.

The news reports on the data recorder say MH804 stopped communicating at 37,000'. That just brings to mind all kinds of awful thoughts for the passengers & crew.

I just hope it was quick for everyone. I can't even imagine knowing what's coming and not beng able to do anything.

Prayers for the families and loved ones

The latest details also strongly suggest the pilots were dealing with a combination of smoke and serious electrical malfunctions—potentially involving various systems—before the jetliner started a sharp turn, continued a more shallow turn in the opposite direction and then descended fairly rapidly.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/wreckag...to-fire-aboard-egyptair-flight-804-1467231659

Signs certainly seem to be pointing to fire and malfunction in the avionics bay where key electronics are housed .
What a nightmare for them all. :(

Now my thoughts are back to when the the crash happened. The first reports of the signals. The smoke, the window opening on the copilot side of the cockpit. The swerves, 360 etc..

Guess we have to wait to know the voice recorder's details.

ReutersAerospaceNews ‏@ReutersAero 7m7 minutes ago
#Egyptair investigators say repairs of CVR components carried out, allowing #MS804 cockpit voice recorder to be read

Sky News NewsdeskVerified account ‏@SkyNewsBreak 9m9 minutes ago
Egyptian investigative committee says cockpit voice recorder of #Egyptair flight #MS804 is in a condition to attempt extracting recordings

John LETHBRIDGE ‏@DeepOceanSearch 4h4 hours ago
BEA - Collection of victims' bodies is still ongoing onboard John Lethbridge @DeepOceanSearch
#MS804 #EgyptAir
https://www.bea.aero/index.php?id=115&L=0&communique=287 … …

I just hope it was quick for everyone. I can't even imagine knowing what's coming and not beng able to do anything.

Prayers for the families and loved ones

Sadly I do not think it will be it. Tech stuff starting to go bad -- is kinda like a blackout , one thing leads to another etc etc - its like cascading effect, so I knida think it will be like progressing as opposed to a sudden event
Moo

Pilots had some sort of control for a portion of the dive, which would seem like a reasonably working machine for a peroid of time.

Imo once total control lost then it speeds up, but that too takes a bit of time to buld up enough speed to start stressing structures.

moo

I kinda think that only means electrical stuff starting to fail.

Investigators: EgyptAir wreckage shows heat damage, smoke

http://bigstory.ap.org/c4ebb38a820041fd87c45a7f9ae6323a
''

terrorism my *advertiser censored**!

Here's where I'm at. The voice recorder (CVR) is being downloaded about now, I hope, if it hasn't been already by France, which I don't doubt. Why not? They did open a homicide investigation.

The voice recorder will be good information, I hope. jmo

Here's where I'm at. The voice recorder (CVR) is being downloaded about now, I hope, if it hasn't been already by France, which I don't doubt. Why not? They did open a homicide investigation.

The voice recorder will be good information, I hope. jmo

Yes, apparently the French have completed the download of the voice recordings.
The recordings are being returned to Egypt for "further analysis". Probably because Egypt needs to be the one to make any public announcements about the contents at this point in time.
Though I'd bet that the French have kept a copy, and perhaps other interested parties now have a copy also.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/wo...vestigation/pyVIZGLPSIMJiXGn6viUrI/story.html

Yes, apparently the French have completed the download of the voice recordings.
The recordings are being returned to Egypt for "further analysis". Probably because Egypt needs to be the one to make any public announcements about the contents at this point in time.
Though I'd bet that the French have kept a copy, and perhaps other interested parties now have a copy also.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/wo...vestigation/pyVIZGLPSIMJiXGn6viUrI/story.html

I'll be shocked if they have not saved a copy. Thankful to see they continue to bring up wreckage and remains.

From your link

..... Egyptian authorities initially suspected terrorism as a likely cause, although no group has claimed responsibility.

So far, investigators have found no evidence suggesting that someone got a bomb onto the plane before it took off.

Independent aviation safety experts said the scant evidence was not enough to determine whether the fire had been caused by a deliberate act or a technical malfunction such as an electrical short circuit.....

....Mann said analysis of the burned debris would help investigators determine where the fire had begun and how quickly it had spread. In addition, chemical analysis of soot traces would reveal whether any explosives or other accelerants had been involved.

Experts said the voice recordings obtained in Paris would also provide important clues about how the pilots had assessed and responded to the emergency. That could help investigators explain a series of sharp maneuvers the plane made in the final moments before it fell from the sky.

O/T

This is getting out of control guys

Sadly, I just had to start thread

Baghdad Car bombs target shopping districts, 126 dead

[h=2]CNN[/h]

Search vessel recovers human remains at EgyptAir MS804 crash site

CAIRO (Reuters) - A search vessel contracted by the Egyptian government has recovered all mapped human remains under water at the crash site of EgyptAir flight MS804 in the Mediterranean, Egypt's aircraft accident investigation committee said on Sunday.

The John Lethbridge, belonging to Mauritius-based Deep Ocean Search, headed to Alexandria port to hand over the remains to coroners and prosecution officials, the committee said in a statement. It will return to the crash site to make further checks for any possible remains there, the statement said.

No explanation for the disaster has been ruled out. But current and former aviation officials increasingly believe the reason lies in the aircraft's technical systems, rather than sabotage.

http://linkis.com/ca.reuters.com/artic/WtJJQ

Remains of passengers and crew aboard doomedEgyptAir Flight 804 discovered beneath the Mediterranean Sea have been recovered, Egypt's investigation team said.

9000 FT DOWN

usa today

So thankful to see these articles!

Remains of passengers and crew aboard doomedEgyptAir Flight 804 discovered beneath the Mediterranean Sea have been recovered, Egypt's investigation team said.

9000 FT DOWN

usa today

From USA Today

The bodies that had been mapped at the crash site were recovered Sunday by a search vessel contracted by the Egyptian government.

The vessel will return to the crash location after delivering the remains in Alexandria "to conduct a new thorough scan of the seabed and to search for any (more) human remains," the Egyptian Aircraft Accident Investigation Committee said in a statement.

After the remains are brought to Alexandria, investigators will perform DNA analyses in Cairo, CBS reported.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ght-ms804-victims-remains-recovered/86667456/

Don't want to sound gruesome - but the articles say bodies - so there was no explosion on board? Intact bodies?

TIA!

Don't want to sound gruesome - but the articles say bodies - so there was no explosion on board? Intact bodies?

TIA!

I think that is just the "term" used. Nicer than fragments or parts or whatever but moo

It will be interesting to see if the CVR released - we usually do -- pretty quick actually and if Egypt refuses I wonder if France has the right to??

I think that is just the "term" used. Nicer than fragments or parts or whatever but moo

It will be interesting to see if the CVR released - we usually do -- pretty quick actually and if Egypt refuses I wonder if France has the right to??

Didn't they launch a manslaughter investigation? I personally think they will release it

EgyptAir pilot tried to put out fire on board plane, black box shows
Information from the flight's cockpit voice recorder suggests the pilot tried to extinguish a fire in the cockpit before the plane crashed

One of the pilots on board EgyptAir flight 804 tried to put out a fire before the crash, according to data from one of the plane's black boxes.

Information from the flight's cockpit voice recorder suggests the pilot tried to extinguish a fire in the cockpit, Le Figaro reported.

Egypt's Aircraft Accident Investigation Committee has said data from the flight data recorder confirms previous reports of smoke on board flight MS804.

The committee also said recovered wreckage from the jet's front section showed signs of heat damage and "thick black smoke".

more

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-on-board-wreckage-paris-flight-a7120386.html

Also from the article above.

No distress calls were made from the flight deck, suggesting the pilots may have been incapacitated or too busy trying to save the aircraft to broadcast a Mayday.

A forensics expert said body parts retried from the crash were small and pointed to a possible explosion on board, but the head of Egypt's forensics authority dismissed it as "mere assumptions".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-on-board-wreckage-paris-flight-a7120386.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi
Back