Emergency custody papers filed by mother of JI's son 11/14/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“She knows what life is like to have her baby taken away from her,” Savory wrote. “Mrs. Raim understands how it feels to be gravely prevented from having a relationship with her son.”

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/16/3270248/attorneys-trade-barbs-over-baby.html

Since the court order states that all supervised visitation has to be done through Irwin, I'm wondering if she really was trying to see her child and was denied. I'm not defending her absence, but visitation should not be arranged through the other party, the courts should have ordered specific days and times. Hopefully, the reunification will be good for mother and son.

Attorney Joseph Tacopina, who represents Lisa’s parents, on Tuesday described the petition against Jeremy Irwin as “unbelieveable” and accused Raim of “trying to glom on to her 15 minutes” of fame in the high-profile case.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/16/3270248/attorneys-trade-barbs-over-baby.html

That's rich, coming from Joe T. What a hypocritical accusation to make.
I was just thinking that and then I read your comment! ;)

He's way past 15 minutes...more like 4 hours...and counting. :rolleyes:

Ashley Irwin said early on (on FB) that their computer was taken by LE and that's where pictures were stored. They got other pictures of BL from relatives.

I didn't know Ashley's comp was taken,interesting.I wonder what info LE has that started them taking computers out of other people's homes.I also wonder if RR has been told more info than what's public,causing her to file an emergency custody.Could she have been advised to do so?

I believe it was only the parents' (DB & JI) computer that was taken, not Ashley's.

“She knows what life is like to have her baby taken away from her,” Savory wrote. “Mrs. Raim understands how it feels to be gravely prevented from having a relationship with her son.”

Since the court order states that all supervised visitation has to be done through Irwin, I'm wondering if she really was trying to see her child and was denied. I'm not defending her absence, but visitation should not be arranged through the other party, the courts should have ordered specific days and times. Hopefully, the reunification will be good for mother and son.

BBM

I agree Angel.

I've never heard of supervised visitation being arranged through the custodial parent. IANAL, but as you stated, the visitation schedule is typically outlined in the parenting plan/custody agreement (at least in my state it is), and is signed by a Judge.

If supervised visitation was court ordered, I wonder who was named as the party to supervise?

I didn't see this posted

[ame]http://video.foxnews.com/v/1279730616001/biological-mother-wants-custody-of-baby-lisas-brother/?playlist_id=87651[/ame]

So MK says that mom is behind 10,000$ in child support if that were true wouldn't she be in jail? I know men go to jail for that......according to the report she didn't go to the hearing imo that may be why visitation has to be arranged through JI if she wasn't there to speak for herself.

Every time I read here....something unbelieveable is happening with this SAD case.

My bigest concerns are for the two boys who are in this horrible situation! In Florida we have the "Guardian ad Litem Program"....

This person is assigned cases when ANY child is in a legal/courtcase dispute. When "Bio Dad/JI" was awarded custody the GAL should have been working with both parents. The GAL should have helped the "Bio mom" complete her "Case Plan." The GAL should have also made monthly home visits with the "Bio Dad/JI" to check on the boy's daily home situation and his general welfare. DB's son should have also been given a Guardian ad Litem to help him navigate the seperation agreement between his "Bio Dad" and DB.

I am one and I am confident that these little boys really need someone to be looking after their "Best Interests!" They have to be suffering emotionally from their loss of their sibling, Little Lisa and being removed from their home...not to mention the Press Coverage and Law Enforcement issues!!!

Who knows if MO has a program such as this? If they Do...Why in the he77 isn't this program overseeing this situation and protecting these two innocent boys???

Dear God...Please Send Baby Lisa Home to the People Who Love Her!
MO does have GAL. I do not know in this situation if they are involved or not.

I didn't know Ashley's comp was taken,interesting.I wonder what info LE has that started them taking computers out of other people's homes.I also wonder if RR has been told more info than what's public,causing her to file an emergency custody.Could she have been advised to do so?
They didn't take AI's computer, they took JI/DB's computer where THEIR photos were stored. They had to therefor get pics from other family members.

4 weeks and still not cooperating. moo

------------------
I feel the children should be removed from that house.
Parents who will not cooperate are hiding something.
Why wait til something possibly happens to one of them?
This carp has gone on long enough. Maybe someone doesnt
want LE. to see baby Lisa.
I'd rather see a bit of trauma with the boys over what else could happen.
The parents arent even trying to get Lisa back!! :maddening: :seeya:

------------------

Without being reactionary, I tend to agree with you on not cooperating with police. I hope someday it is written into law that if a child vanishes, parents will automatically lose custody if they refuse polygraphs (they cannot be used in court anyway), if they do not report missing children pronto, and if they are found to have lied about ANYTHING they are asked in the investigation. These 3 things, I believe, make a parent of a missing child unfit to parent any other children.

I didn't see this posted

http://video.foxnews.com/v/12797306...tody-of-baby-lisas-brother/?playlist_id=87651

So MK says that mom is behind 10,000$ in child support if that were true wouldn't she be in jail? I know men go to jail for that......according to the report she didn't go to the hearing imo that may be why visitation has to be arranged through JI if she wasn't there to speak for herself.

BBM....I don't know anything about MO laws but I do know my ex husband was $40,000 behind and was never arrested. The AG's Office here did absolutely nothing because he moved across State lines and I had to file in the State he moved too which is 4 hours away. It took 12 years and my Daughter was 21 before the State started to go after him. It took long enough but he finally paid it off this year and my daughter just turned 24. But No, he never went to jail.

------------------

Hi Nore,
I agree with you.

BBM....I don't know anything about MO laws but I do know my ex husband was $40,000 behind and was never arrested. The AG's Office here did absolutely nothing because he moved across State lines and I had to file in the State he moved too which is 4 hours away. It took 12 years and my Daughter was 21 before the State started to go after him. It took long enough but he finally paid it off this year and my daughter just turned 24. But No, he never went to jail.

Sadly, my ex-husband in Missouri never paid child support and didn't go to jail. I think that you must be extremely persistent, and the father must be extremely uncooperative to end up in jail. I've known more than a few cases of dead beat parents in Missouri that never spent a second in jail. :(

How does an individual go from living in some type of group home to being able to hire lawyers to seek custody? Where would she take him? Does she now have a place of her own and work a job or have some type of income coming in? I know we aren't told all that but it caused me to pause to think about it.

How does an individual go from living in some type of group home to being able to hire lawyers to seek custody? Where would she take him? Does she now have a place of her own and work a job or have some type of income coming in? I know we aren't told all that but it caused me to pause to think about it.

Same way that DB/JI got their defense attorney's, private investigator's etc..

Limelight and greed. 15 minutes.

Same way that DB/JI got their defense attorney's, private investigator's etc..

Limelight and greed. 15 minutes.

We may hear "anonymous" donor later but I wonder. Among other things I believe she will have to show evidence she can provide a home.

There is still no record of this on Case Net. Given that it was filed as an emergency motion, you would think something might have happened by now. Is anyone familiar enough with MO law to comment on the usual process for this type of motion/hearing? TIA.

No matter where the boys are I hope they have a nice Thanksgiving dinner with people who love them.

There is still no record of this on Case Net. Given that it was filed as an emergency motion, you would think something might have happened by now. Is anyone familiar enough with MO law to comment on the usual process for this type of motion/hearing? TIA.

My understanding is that because involved minor children it is a sealed case and would not appear on casenet.

Thanks, DeAnn. I was confused because the previous actions regarding paternity and custody of their son is on there.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsevanpeters
Back