Emergency custody papers filed by mother of JI's son 11/14/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My understanding is that because involved minor children it is a sealed case and would not appear on casenet.
I can't answer to "this" case, but there are cases where emergency custody hearings for minor children are listed in casenet. So either it hasn't actually been filed, or they are not listing "this" case. Dunno which one though.

"Emergency custody papers filed by mother of JI's son 11/14/11"

It must not have been that big of an emergency, it's 11/23/11 and nothing yet.

Thanks, DeAnn. I was confused because the previous actions regarding paternity and custody of their son is on there.

I think because final resolution is why they were listed but honestly not sure. Family court is an area I haven't dealt with in years.

I can't answer to "this" case, but there are cases where emergency custody hearings for minor children are listed in casenet. So either it hasn't actually been filed, or they are not listing "this" case. Dunno which one though.

I know Clay County officials refused to provide any documents or even confirm the filing to most media outlets, citing confidentiality laws. That much I can say for sure but beyond that....

"Emergency custody papers filed by mother of JI's son 11/14/11"

It must not have been that big of an emergency, it's 11/23/11 and nothing yet.

These things take time/emergency or not. There are other cases I assume before the boys case. mo

http://fox4kc.com/2011/11/28/custody-battle-for-jeremy-irwins-son-moves-forward/

“The one night where someone came into the home, and the baby was kidnapped, Jeremy and Debbie, according to the KCPD and the FBI are not suspects,” Picerno explains.

Picerno adds history is in Jeremy Irwin’s favor.

“We’re in a situation where Jeremy’s raised this boy the whole time; she’s been gone since the boy was two. He’s now eight. She has not seen him other, with one exception, the chance meeting that they ran into each other when Jeremy was out and about with the boy” Picerno says.

Picerno says he questions why Raim is making the move now for custody after all these years. Still, a judge has the final say on December 7th in a Clay County courtroom.

IF the judge were to award custody to the mother, and I honestly do not see this happening for several reasons, at least not immediate custody, IF Jeremy knows anything at all about all this mess with Lisa, he will sing like a bird.

I can't imagine coming home from work to find out my daughter was gone, and then 2 months later, losing my son to someone who hadn't seen him in years.

I can't see a judge just handing the boy over to someone he has no memory of whatsoever. Nothing has been proven in the case, and other than what DB has said, nobody knows for sure if she was drunk that night or not. I just don't think JI has a lot to worry about in this case.

I will admit though, I have been pretty surprised sometimes at how things turn out.

These things take time/emergency or not. There are other cases I assume before the boys case. mo

Emergency custody hearings can happen very quickly. The children can be removed immediately, hearings can happen within days as we have seen in other cases. They are not "heard" in the order they are filed it is based on need.

These children have not been removed from the home by either LE or CPS.

There then is the emergency filing by the mother of the 8 year old whom has not seen this child in 6 years even though allowed supervised visitations. This had not been heard by the courts as far as we know and if it has it was not granted.

Some have posted that maybe JI refused to allow the mother access. If this was occurring the mother could petition the court if this was the case and I have not seen anything which points to this happening.

I have also seen it posted that the mother relinquished custody. This is not the case. The judge awarded custody to JI for reasons unknown and gave her supervised visits.

I also have grave concerns with respect to removing a child from the only parent that has raised him during a stressful time.

Whomever came up with the brilliant idea that Deborah drank herself into oblivion when she had a sick infant and two young boys who then had no caregiver has seriously damaged Jeremy Irwin in his custody battle. Adult time? One child is missing and he seemingly thinks its a normal thing for a custodial parent to leave his child with someone who believes their right to adult time trumps being a guardian.

Whomever came up with the brilliant idea that Deborah drank herself into oblivion when she had a sick infant and two young boys who then had no caregiver has seriously damaged Jeremy Irwin in his custody battle. Adult time? One child is missing and he seemingly thinks its a normal thing for a custodial parent to leave his child with someone who believes their right to adult time trumps being a guardian.

When did he say anything like that? We don't know if he knew she would be drinking that night......this was the first time he had worked the over time job so maybe he assumed she would stay sober while he was at work. I would assume my husband wouldn't drink while I was working late if he was the only one there to take care of my child. I haven't seen anything reported where it was normal behavior for them, or where DB put the kids in harms way before. I also haven't seen it reported he has left the kids with her in the same situation again. I hope his son isn't dragged from the only home he knows based on something his father might not have been aware of. I don't think people should accuse JI of being a bad father without facts that say he knew the situation was going to happen.

When did he say anything like that? We don't know if he knew she would be drinking that night......this was the first time he had worked the over time job so maybe he assumed she would stay sober while he was at work. I would assume my husband wouldn't drink while I was working late if he was the only one there to take care of my child. I haven't seen anything reported where it was normal behavior for them, or where DB put the kids in harms way before. I also haven't seen it reported he has left the kids with her in the same situation again. I hope his son isn't dragged from the only home he knows based on something his father might not have been aware of. I don't think people should accuse JI of being a bad father without facts that say he knew the situation was going to happen.

All good points and also DB thought he would be home at 10:30 so maybe she thought it was OK to drink wine as he would be home soon?
All of us had had times when we wish we could turn back the clock. But like it or not the real mother is the one who stood beside him for the last six years. It takes more to be a mother than giving birth!

I expect they will appoint him his own lawyer and if only we could know what the child has to say about it. We won't but the Judge will weigh it heavily.

All good points and also DB thought he would be home at 10:30 so maybe she thought it was OK to drink wine as he would be home soon?
All of us had had times when we wish we could turn back the clock. But like it or not the real mother is the one who stood beside him for the last six years. It takes more to be a mother than giving birth!

I expect they will appoint him his own lawyer and if only we could know what the child has to say about it. We won't but the Judge will weigh it heavily.

And who would that real Mother be that stood by JI's son for the last six years?

DB's own words will hurt his case. And yes there've been times when I made mistakes as a solo parent but drinking to the point of blacking out and doing it more than once or regularly as DB herself stated is not excusable in my eyes. Am I judgemental? nope! but drinking that much while in charge of three minor children who needed tending and having one just disappear is not just a ooopsy mistake.

Glad to see this hearing is scheduled for Dec 7th. Ms. Raim is putting herself out there. As easily predicted, Jeremy's high profile lawyer is already taking shots at her in the press. They may be deserved, they may not. We don't know. But, Ms. Raim and her attorney surely expected it, as we all did, and it's only going to get worse. Jeremy obviously doesn't want to give up custody and his team is undoubtedly going to bring up anything they know and can find against Ms. Raim. Still, she is moving forward. I am glad.

Ms. Raim may be unfit and inappropriate for unsupervised custody. But, so may Jeremy if it is proven that Debbi has a history of neglecting or otherwise endangering the children through regular over-consumption of alcohol (or something else). If that's the case and something happened to Lisa on the one night he was not at home to care for the children, it is scary to think that she would be left to care for children alone again at any time. She made it very clear that she drinks regularly, she's entitled to her adult time, and she refuses to consider the possibility that her inability to respond with full focus and wits may have contributed to whatever happened to Lisa. Debbi may well have a history of this type of behavior and seeing nothing wrong with it, but she may not. We don't know. A judge working on behalf of the safety and well-being of the 8 year old has an obligation to find out if Debbi is to continue living in the home with Jeremy's son. The judge will need to consider all such factors to make a decision about where the little boy belongs. With Jeremy, with Ms. Raim, somewhere else... This is good for the boy, and that's what I care about. I will support whatever decision the judge makes because he/she isn't operating on anyone's agenda; just the best interest of an innocent child.

I am very curious as to whether Debbi and Jeremy will answer questions about Debbi's general behaviour, and specifically the night of Oct 3rd. Some tough questions will undoubtedly be posed regarding that night in family court, imo. If the parents refuse to answer, I agree with attorney Kim Picazio who appeared on Levi Page a few weeks back; it will be a hit against Jeremy retaining custody. The judge needs to find out what went down the night and if either or both of parents' actions endangered the children. If he/she can't make that determination because the parents take the 5th, he/she will err on the side of caution, imo.

Imo, this is the most significant development in the investigation of Lisa's disappearance since the parents stopped fully cooperating to LE's satisfaction. There is more than just this innocent boy's custody at stake here. There is the potential for officials to learn more about Lisa's environment and her level of care that fateful night. These factors are linked. If Jeremy loses custody because of actions by Debbi or refusal of the parents to answer relevant questions, I think Debbi may have trouble retaining custody of her son, whether Sean Bradley files a motion or not. This hearing could be a catalyst for a full CPS investigation.

Again, I trust the judge to act in the best interest of the child and believe it is a good thing that measures are being taken to ensure that Jeremy's son is not in danger. I am worried about the remaining childrens' saftey. I hope that worry can be put to rest. Imo, it's a justified concern that bears looking into based on what happened to Lisa and Debbi's admission and responses regarding her behaviour and responsibility (or lack thereof) on the night of Oct 3rd. If she and Jeremy convince the judge that she is fit and the boy is safe in her care, that's great. The boy will remain with Jeremy. It will also be a victory that his lawyers will use to demonstrate that Debbi is a good mom... If Jeremy loses custody, I expect his lawyers to be beating the victim drum far and wide, but measures will be taken to ensure the boy's well-being elsewhere (hopefully with an Irwin family member if Ms. Raim is not fit). Much is riding on this hearing.

All JMO, MOO...

The fact is that DB is who JI brought into his child's life, left her at least one time which is one time to many, where she admits she was drunk and could have been blacked out is worrisome to me. JI knew she went to the store and I believe he knew she bought the wine. I'm not sure if he thought it was okay but the fact remains that he left his son in the care of this woman and she should have been watching out for all three children better. If I were her ex I'd file papers and get my child away from her. IF that child is indeed biologically his.

You know what they say....for every time you get caught doing something you've probably done it ten times you didn't get caught.

ETA Obviously JI is fine with the way DB was that night, drinking instead of watching three children she was in charge of, getting drunk and blacking out. Then he sticks with her. His judgement on that alone scares me. I love my husband and we've been married 26 years, but if he did something so ignorant with lack of concern for a helpless child, so help me ......

MOO

And who would that real Mother be that stood by JI's son for the last six years?

I've heard of two women that JI has introduced and had living with his son, besides the mother. DB is not JI's sons mother. She's daddy's latest live in that wasn't watching out for them on the night his baby sister disappeared.

It may just be me but I wish these parents would quit dragging people in and out of these kids lives. Be selective, but I do realize for some that for one reason or another they can't be.

MOO

The fact is that DB is who JI brought into his child's life, left her at least one time which is one time to many, where she admits she was drunk and could have been blacked out. JI knew she went to the store and I believe he knew she bought the wine. I'm not sure if he thought it was okay but the fact remains that he left his son in the care of this woman and she should have been watching out for all three children better. If I were her ex I'd file papers and get my child away from her. IF that child is indeed biologically his.

You know what they say....for every time you get caught doing something you've probably done it ten times you didn't get caught.

ETA Obviously JI is fine with the way DB was that night, drinking instead of watching three children she was in charge of, getting drunk and blacking out. Then he sticks with her. His judgement on that alone scares me. I love my husband and we've been married 26 years, but if he did something so ignorant with lack of concern for a helpless child, so help me ......

MOO

BBM

So help you what??? Walk away? Leave him? Throw him to the wolves in front of LE and the media? Married all that time but he made one mistake which just happened to lead to a disappearance so now to hell with him?

Everyone says they will do this but then reality sets in. How many times do we see that, the spouse standing by, supporting them even in the face of adversity?

Some people, like me, do put the well being and very life of their child above all others....including spouse, boyfriend, lover, etc. Odd concept to some, I realize. But, I think I'm not alone. For those who will "stand by their significent other" no matter what.....I have no words.

BBM

So help you what??? Walk away? Leave him? Throw him to the wolves in front of LE and the media? Married all that time but he made one mistake which just happened to lead to a disappearance so now to hell with him?

Everyone says they will do this but then reality sets in. How many times do we see that, the spouse standing by, supporting them even in the face of adversity?

I don't think I could forgive him for a very long time, if ever, if it were truly his choice to drink, get drunk, be blacked out while in charge of my children, or anyone else's, and something happen to one of them.
Leave him? I believe I would have to. I don't think I could stand to be with someone that would put my child in harms way, and I'm not even talking just about Lisa missing on this. Do not take being left in charge of my children lightly. It's one of the most important things to do in life. They're little...they need complete supervision!
Throw him to the wolves in front of LE and media? The person making these choices is the one throwing themselves to the wolves. I believe DB did that herself when she made her choice. Surely she didn't think it through and think that we'd all feel so bad for her I mean after all she was just having adult time that she deserved. :waitasec:

Ugh! I'm just fed up with so many parents thinking that it's all about them. If you have kids, until they're grown it should never be about you. Heck, even after they're grown you're still the parent.

MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsevanpeters