Emotional Toll

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Soup for all! (And a :hug: for nort.)

09_17_6---Tomato-Soup_web.jpg

After eating my mashed taters. I took 5 taters ,chopped up garlic,olive oil,salt and pepper and they are in the oven baking. I had some cheese I shredded it and this evening Late and I will have them for dinner. I'm still in my P.J.'s I just can not function. Still. I wanted to make matzo ball soup but had only enough energy to do the above. Can someone drop me off a big bowl please.Thank You. Hope you all are hanging in. This is a very hard one.Hugs to all.Speaking of hugs I only have my daughter and late last night I called my friend and just said can you come over. 20 min later she came in my back door and just grabbed me and hugged me.No questions asked.She knew I was hurting and it was wonderful to be hugged by someone other than my little girl. I sobbed and the world felt a little better. I would say if you can give or get a hug today I think it may help.

I've been stopping in here at WS every day or two to keep up with Zahra's case. It's been heart-wrenching. I can't step away long...maybe because I'm in Hickory, maybe because I grew up in Caldwell County and have been by the Dudley Shoals location/Gunpowder Creek literally hundreds of times so I could picture the area in my mind. I know those things are probably factors but the main reason I can't step away for long is because my daughters were asking for updates on Zahra every day. My trio of princesses are all close to Zahra's age. The first time they saw Zahra's picture they wanted to find her because they just knew they would be great friends. They included Zahra, LE, SAR, and "everyone who loves Zahra" in their prayers. Yesterday, they wore white in honor of Zahra's birthday and at dinner they asked God to tell Zahra Happy Birthday for them. The youngest decided some of the rain we got yesterday had to be excess glitter and confetti from Zahra's party in heaven.

I've been stopping in here at WS every day or two to keep up with Zahra's case. It's been heart-wrenching. I can't step away long...maybe because I'm in Hickory, maybe because I grew up in Caldwell County and have been by the Dudley Shoals location/Gunpowder Creek literally hundreds of times so I could picture the area in my mind. I know those things are probably factors but the main reason I can't step away for long is because my daughters were asking for updates on Zahra every day. My trio of princesses are all close to Zahra's age. The first time they saw Zahra's picture they wanted to find her because they just knew they would be great friends. They included Zahra, LE, SAR, and "everyone who loves Zahra" in their prayers. Yesterday, they wore white in honor of Zahra's birthday and at dinner they asked God to tell Zahra Happy Birthday for them. The youngest decided some of the rain we got yesterday had to be excess glitter and confetti from Zahra's party in heaven.

What a fine example of kids that have been taught to feel and show compassion for others. It always helps to see the good in people after such a horrific story, thank you for posting this.

I hope I get this posted right. I made this video today just because I felt compelled to do it. The song is "Universal Child" by Annie Lennox

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7kytCzBxd8[/ame]

Off to church. I'll check in later to see what y'all think of it.

Just wanted to add that because of Zahra's story I contacted our Guardian Ad litem office today. I've got to do something!!

I hope I get this posted right. I made this video today just because I felt compelled to do it. The song is "Universal Child" by Annie Lennox.

Thanks so very much for your beautiful video! The song was awesome with your video. I very much want to advocate for all abused children.
Your presentation made my evening!!! Thank you for sharing it!

Thank you for sharing the beautiful video, NCMomma. Such a sweet, lovely gesture and so well done. The song is perfect. :blowkiss:

Thanks for the video, NCMomma, it's beautiful and I needed the distraction from things I'm thinking.

A self-imposed T/O won't hurt, so I'm taking a bowl of this delicious soup, going to wrap myself in my blankie and curl up on the sofa for the evening.

Thanks for the video, NCMomma, it's beautiful and I needed the distraction from things I'm thinking.

A self-imposed T/O won't hurt, so I'm taking a bowl of this delicious soup, going to wrap myself in my blankie and curl up on the sofa for the evening.

Here, take these croutons to go in it. I can't eat another bite. ;)

{{{NancyA}}} hang in hon. curl up with your special afghan in your comfiest chair.

Grilled cheese sammie anyone?

grilled+cheese+festival_logo.gif

And for a beverage:

images

I am not normally an emotionally demonstrative person. My personal "5 stages of grief" starts with stonewalling, moves through rational analysis to cynicism and bitter jokes, and ends 6 months down the line with a bit of a crying jag meltdown. Right now I trust that Zahra's suffering is at an end and I think she is helping us all by awakening waves of compassion in us. For me, right now, that translates to an immense pain at how much Zahra's story has hurt so many of my friends (old and new) here. I want you all to know that I never mean my comments to seem obscenely detached. I do censor some of my ideas because they might be seen as insensitive to Zahra's memory... but IMO we are charged with honoring her memory by examining every possibility and eventually coming to the very ugly truth of what happened to her.

Sending you each much appreciation. Honoring everyone's different ways of dealing with our grief. Thanking whatever powers that be for this site.

Going to stroll back past that bar... :innocent:

(ETA: Wow. That is a VERY large and up-close-and-personal picture of a grilled cheese sammie. Had no idea. Need some Vaseline on that camera lens, and a filter that reduces what is obviously a very hefty calorie count....)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retired Private Investiga
Back