Estate of Rebecca Zahau et al v. Shacknai et al

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who was that woman in the nice car with access to the AZ house?

I think Inparadise knows.

I thought this should be added to the civil suit thread as a reference. (BBM)

Az attorney: I was under the impression that Dina, Nina and Adam would have 30 days to respond after being served. Since we have not heard anything other than the initial filing and its been more then 30 days, how would one find out if or when the defendants were served? How would one find out if they responded to the lawsuit through an attorney? How long do the Zahau's have to serve the defendants after the initial filing?

There is no indication on the docket that the Complaint has even been served yet. The Zahaus have 120 days to serve the Complaint.

<snip>
Unfortunately Max's family has never really cared about the truth. Especially his father who was so quick to accept all the vague, nonsensical answers given.

The truth will come out! Big and sincere thanks to all of you sleuths out there who stay committed to getting justice. :)

That is not correct about Jonah. Maxie's father formally requested a review, rather, a new investigation by the AG into the deaths; however, his request was denied.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mansion-de...etter-investigation-rebecca/story?id=14562097

Why does she always say "my only son"? Something is just wrong with that. I wouldn't even like "my only child". It seems to take away from Max, like he would be worth less if she had other children. Dina has had several decades of child bearing years. It's not anyone elses fault she does not have another child to fall back on.

<snipped>

BBM

Maxfield Jonah Shackani was Dina's only child. Maxfield Jonah Shackani was Dina's only son.

Dina Shacknai is simply stating the truth. It was an honor to be Maxie's mom. Being the only child is very special. If you lose that one, you are left with none. RZ was in her early thirties and obviously did not want any children.

Does a candy drawer equate to being an abusive parent?

Is there evidence that Maxie was ever around when Jonah and Dina were arguing during their documented domestic disputes?

I thought I had also said that "my only child" could equate to "my only heir (to the Shacknai fortune)". There are no more chances since Dina is beyond child bearing years I think.

Why does she always say "my only son"? Something is just wrong with that. I wouldn't even like "my only child". It seems to take away from Max, like he would be worth less if she had other children. Dina has had several decades of child bearing years. It's not anyone elses fault she does not have another child to fall back on.

RSBM & BBM - I don't know but, every time I heard her say it, it made me think of Nefretiri's lines to Moses in The Ten Commandments movie:

http://www.themoviegourmet.com/?page_id=3303
hair-annebaxter-nefertiri.jpg

Nefretiri: I saved your son.
Moses: It is not my son who will die, it is the first born of Egypt, it is your son, Nefretiri!
Nefretiri: You would not dare strike Pharaoh's son!
Moses: In the hardness of his heart, Pharaoh has mocked God and brings death to his own son!
Nefretiri: But he is my son. You would not kill my son.
Moses: Without God I am nothing. I am the tool by which he works his will.
Nefretiri: But I saved your son!
Moses: I cannot save yours.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049833/quotes

Is there evidence that Maxie was ever around when Jonah and Dina were arguing during their documented domestic disputes?

I actually don't characterize either Rebecca or Dina as being abusive towards Jonah's kids with respect to encouraging healthy eating or having a candy drawer, respectively. Nothing wrong with wanting children to be healthy, fit and strong, and nothing wrong with allowing kids to indulge in sweets/treats once in a while. There just needs be a balance.

As to whether there was evidence that Maxie was ever around during the physical altercations between Dina and Jonah, well, by Dina's own admission, Max was the "peacekeeper". To me that signifies that Max had indeed witnessed such altercations between Dina and Jonah. Why else would he needed to be a "peacekeeper"?

I actually don't characterize either Rebecca or Dina as being abusive towards Jonah's kids with respect to encouraging healthy eating or having a candy drawer, respectively. Nothing wrong with wanting children to be healthy, fit and strong, and nothing wrong with allowing kids to indulge in sweets/treats once in a while. There just needs be a balance.

As to whether there was evidence that Maxie was ever around during the physical altercations between Dina and Jonah, well, by Dina's own admission, Max was the "peacekeeper". To me that signifies that Max had indeed witnessed such altercations between Dina and Jonah. Why else would he needed to be a "peacekeeper"?

Nor would I consider it abusive, bourne, unless the encouragement became too strong and led to other problems.

Dina's reference to Maxie being the peacekeeper referred to their, Dina and Maxie's, relationship with Rebecca and not a reference to Maxie, Diana and Jonah. Correct? Could you link that, please?

That is not correct about Jonah. Maxie's father formally requested a review, rather, a new investigation by the AG into the deaths; however, his request was denied.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mansion-de...etter-investigation-rebecca/story?id=14562097

BBM

Maxfield Jonah Shackani was Dina's only child. Maxfield Jonah Shackani was Dina's only son.

Dina Shacknai is simply stating the truth. It was an honor to be Maxie's mom. Being the only child is very special. If you lose that one, you are left with none. RZ was in her early thirties and obviously did not want any children.

According to Dina, Max did witness their violent fights. Dina documented in a police report (made public) that Max was not only present for a violent argument between the two, Max's bed wetting was the very catalyst for the feud. Didn't Dina claim it was during that fight the family dog attacked her? Didn't Jonah claim Dina put her hand on his throat?

BBM

snipped

Ooops. DeDEE, you got Maxie's middle name wrong.

Nor would I consider it abusive, bourne, unless the encouragement became too strong and led to other problems.

Dina's reference to Maxie being the peacekeeper referred to their, Dina and Maxie's, relationship with Rebecca and not a reference to Maxie, Diana and Jonah. Correct? Could you link that, please?

As I said, moderation in eating junk food is key. However, I find nothing wrong with encouragement, even a strong one, for kids to eat healthy foods. As far as I'm aware, there have been no research studies wherein eating primarily nutritious, healthy foods have been linked to diseases. The same, however, cannot be said about junk food as eating predominantly junk food leads to obesity and a myriad of other health issues.

Re: "peacekeeper" label of Max by Dina:

“He was the diplomatic type, very sensitive to discord, and just wanted everybody to get along,” Dina remembers. “We called him our Elmer’s Glue.”

http://www.phoenixmag.com/lifestyle/valley-news/201208/boy--interrupted/

Max was indeed subjected to Jonah and Dina's volatile relationship. This according to Dina.

Snip- Dina called the same night, reporting a dog attack. On the following day, she told police the dog had injured her before while Jonah &#8220;makes little to no effort to stop the dog,&#8221; according to a report.

Dina also submitted a two-page letter, describing Jonah as temperamental. She said the incident began over a disagreement with their child&#8217;s soiled bedding and that Jonah cursed at her in front of their child

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Details-Shed-on-Shacknai-Divorce.html#ixzz2eDCv3PfV

Interesting enough, we would probably never have known about Dina's candy drawer had Rebecca not been accused of being a Food Nazi. I don't believe either were abusive. In my opinion, plain and simple, Dina did not like the control Rebecca had over what Max ate when he was with Jonah. It is something Dina has blown out of proportion and attempted to use to criticize Rebecca.

Interesting enough, we would probably never have known about Dina's candy drawer had Rebecca not been accused of being a Food Nazi. I don't believe either were abusive. In my opinion, plain and simple, Dina did not like the control Rebecca had over what Max ate when he was with Jonah. It is something Dina has blown out of proportion and attempted to use to criticize Rebecca.

Dina frequently ordered-in pizzas for lunch for the kids.......not the healthiest thing IMO. Also , pretty lazy on her part.

Why would Rebecca be the one who controlled what Max ate? While in the custody of his father, his father was supposed to be the one with such control. Max did die while in the sole care of RZ so I don't share your opinion that his bereaved mother has blown anything out of proportion.

JMO

Why would Rebecca be the one who controlled what Max ate? While in the custody of his father, his father was supposed to be the one with such control. Max did die while in the sole care of RZ so I don't share your opinion that his bereaved mother has blown anything out of proportion.

JMO

Well, we know that Max was sometimes left *alone* with Rebecca, as presumably on the day of 7/11/2011 Jonah did just that by suddenly going to the gym that fateful morning, and that was the precise moment Max had his injury. And even on this particular day, it was said that Max had his breakfast that morning in the Spreckels mansion so it would not be a stretch to believe that when Max's own parents are absent and no other adults are in the house but Rebecca, that Rebecca would take charge of Max and thus be so-called "in control" over Max's food choices as a responsible any adult would. Surely you're not suggesting that Rebecca should have just allowed a 6-year-old child to eat whatever the heck he wanted or could find in the refrigerator/kitchen?

Well, we know that Max was sometimes left *alone* with Rebecca, as presumably on the day of 7/11/2011 Jonah did just that by suddenly going to the gym that fateful morning, and that was the precise moment Max had his injury. And even on this particular day, it was said that Max had his breakfast that morning in the Spreckels mansion so it would not be a stretch to believe that when Max's own parents are absent and no other adults are in the house but Rebecca, that Rebecca would take charge of Max and thus be so-called "in control" over Max's food choices as a responsible any adult would. Surely you're not suggesting that Rebecca should have just allowed a 6-year-old child to eat whatever the heck he wanted or could find in the refrigerator/kitchen?

While RZ may have been Max's caregiver for that period, Max was in his and his father's home. Max was entitled to enjoy the breakfast his father and mother provided in his home whether his father or mother were actually present or not.

JMO

While RZ may have been Max's caregiver for that period, Max was in his and his father's home. Max was entitled to enjoy the breakfast his father and mother provided in his home whether his father or mother were actually present or not.

JMO

You're making the very questionable and unproven assumption that Max's parents prepared his meals and snacks for him in advance whenever they left Max with Rebecca. If that were the case, I'd agree. But statistically how true is this for any parents, let alone those that are divorced and residing with other significant others? And what if Rebecca was driving Max to soccerball practice and he was hungry and wanted a snack while in the car and none were provided by Max's biological parents? Should Rebecca just let Max starve?

Dina frequently ordered-in pizzas for lunch for the kids.......not the healthiest thing IMO. Also , pretty lazy on her part.

Oh no....a mother who ordered pizza for her kids. What an awful mother. I guess I deserve the 'bad mother' award too. My kids LOVED mushroom and dried tomato pizza and we often ordered it from Winners. I guess people on here would trash talk me for that decision. Both my kids are happy, healthy and well adjusted so I am not going to apologize for treating them to home delivery pizzas.

ETA: And why label it as 'lazy'? We ordered it when we were BUSY doing other things, like art projects or science fair exhibits. Just because you order a pizza delivery, it does not mean you are being lazy. Maybe you are busy with other important things.

Sometimes 'food Nazi' moms--the ones who tightly control sugar and fats---end up with kids saddled with food and body image issues. Both of the kids I knew with dire bulemia had food Nazi mothers.

JMO

Hi MyBelle, long time no see! :seeya:

Please give me the benefit of the doubt here, but since neither DS or JS had any type of nanny or baby sitter in their employ, no one would be being paid or salaried to be giving MS his breakfast.

Now I'm really not sure what type of breakfast MS was missing out on, but as we know from this article, http://www.wmagazine.com/beauty/2008/10/restylane_filler/ , JS didn't eat meat and exercised daily which I would assume to mean that he was eating healthy. From the attached photos from this 2008 article, one must assume that JS was indeed eating healthy, being as he was 51 at the time.

I guess what I am confused about is why this is an issue? Are you saying MS was unhappy with his breakfast that fateful morning? How is that known? Are you saying that his mother, who was only blocks away at the time, would have come over to serve him a breakfast his father wouldn't, but she didn't for some reason? Please help me understand this train of thought. TIA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back