Evidence of Heart Shaped Sticker on Duct Tape Destroyed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
TY AZlawyer. Wow the heart shape is clear. But I am confused. Are you showing Tape Q64? If so that is NOT what all the previous documents state (Q63)

I wonder if the shape still shows up under a polilight?
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polilight[/ame]

But there is evidence. Eye witness evidence from an investigator at the site and the FBI person who was checking for fingerprints. And they noted it in the reports. Plus a heart shaped sticker was found within the area of the remains and they knew to look for it because they saw the outline on the tape. jmo

BBM-This is why I think it will come in as evidence. What are the chances of seeing a heart outline on the tape then asking CSIs to check for a heart sticker at the dump site and they find one? Add another coincidence, Casey apparently likes hearts. She puts them on pictures and she has heart stickers in the home.

On the other hand, I can see the defense having a field day saying they botched the evidence by not taking a picture therefore you can't trust anything they say. They can even hint Casey is being framed. It's ridiculous, I know, but they have nothing to work with.

The SA doesn't need the heart sticker to convict Casey, they have enough so I guess it will be a judgment call.

IMO

TY AZlawyer. Wow the heart shape is clear. But I am confused. Are you showing Tape Q64? If so that is NOT what all the previous documents state (Q63)

I know. We were all looking for a heart near the end of Q63 as described in the FBI docs (and finding several of them, I might add). Then the latest docs were released, showing that the FBI tech who first noticed the heart gave a Power Point presentation at a seminar in which she showed a pic of Q64 with a heart drawn close to (but not exactly the same place as) where my picture shows it. Maybe she picked the wrong photo by mistake or just because accuracy was not too important for her seminar presentation--or maybe the original notes were in error. :banghead:

BTW, Q64 was the bottom piece of the two pieces of tape that were found crossed. However, the part of Q64 with the heart shape was not covered by Q63.

I know. We were all looking for a heart near the end of Q63 as described in the FBI docs (and finding several of them, I might add). Then the latest docs were released, showing that the FBI tech who first noticed the heart gave a Power Point presentation at a seminar in which she showed a pic of Q64 with a heart drawn close to (but not exactly the same place as) where my picture shows it. Maybe she picked the wrong photo by mistake or just because accuracy was not too important for her seminar presentation--or maybe the original notes were in error. :banghead:

BTW, Q64 was the bottom piece of the two pieces of tape that were found crossed. However, the part of Q64 with the heart shape was not covered by Q63.

And who knows....there could have been more than one.

OK, I cut out the heart sticker-backing shape, enhanced contrast on the tape photo, and made sure everything was the right size. Can you guys see what I was seeing?

BTW, I made sure the sticker backing was the right size and the tape was the right size BEFORE attempting to match them up, just to make sure I didn't over-convince myself. ;)

AZ, did you use the sticker backing found in the keepsake box to do this comparison?

Wasn't the envelope from a card JG had sent to Caylee for her 2nd birthday? Funny she kept the envelope, funny she would cut out the sticker backing out and put it on the envelope. jmo

Wasn't the envelope from a card JG had sent to Caylee for her 2nd birthday? Funny she kept the envelope, funny she would cut out the sticker backing out and put it on the envelope. jmo

Yes, that is funny. Also, funny how JB went running to LE and LP with that card from JG in the very beginning of this case. Wouldn't it be something if that sticker were from that very card/envelope?

OK, I cut out the heart sticker-backing shape, enhanced contrast on the tape photo, and made sure everything was the right size. Can you guys see what I was seeing?

BTW, I made sure the sticker backing was the right size and the tape was the right size BEFORE attempting to match them up, just to make sure I didn't over-convince myself. ;)

That is a convincing match up. Wow!

Good morning and happy holidays everyone!

I started this reading this thread at the beginning and was getting bogged down with old info so I jumped to the last page and am kinda working my way backwards. So I was hoping to ask for a little clarification as to what i am seeing here.

I too view these forums on both my computer and the iPad. When I open these two pictures side by side on the iPad. They look like the exact same picture to me. Am I looking at two different heart images? Can some one just tell me what i am seeing in lay mans terms so i don't have to go through the whole thread. Is there a picture of the tape that we are comparing these heart images to that I haven't found the link for or are you guys just comparing these two images to each other? They look absolutely identical to each other.

Ty in advance!

Ssej

AZ, did you use the sticker backing found in the keepsake box to do this comparison?

Yes.

No, the envelope was from Cindy's mom Shirley. Also, the sticker backing was only sitting on top of the envelope in the keepsake box; it was not stuck to the envelope.

Good morning and happy holidays everyone!

I started this reading this thread at the beginning and was getting bogged down with old info so I jumped to the last page and am kinda working my way backwards. So I was hoping to ask for a little clarification as to what i am seeing here.

I too view these forums on both my computer and the iPad. When I open these two pictures side by side on the iPad. They look like the exact same picture to me. Am I looking at two different heart images? Can some one just tell me what i am seeing in lay mans terms so i don't have to go through the whole thread. Is there a picture of the tape that we are comparing these heart images to that I haven't found the link for or are you guys just comparing these two images to each other? They look absolutely identical to each other.

Ty in advance!

Ssej

Image one in that post is 2 photos next to each other: (1) the Q64 tape showing a heart shape that already appeared on the tape with no manipulation other than enhancing contrast & color on the entire image and (2) the sticker backing shape.

Image two in that post is the sticker backing shape superimposed on top of the Q64 tape, to show that the shape of the sticker backing is the same as the shape that appears on the tape.

I scaled the image of the tape and the image of the sticker backing to the proper sizes according to the sizes given in the discovery documents BEFORE making the comparison, so the comparison shows that the size matches as well as the shape.

Yes.

No, the envelope was from Cindy's mom Shirley. Also, the sticker backing was only sitting on top of the envelope in the keepsake box; it was not stuck to the envelope.

Image one in that post is 2 photos next to each other: (1) the Q64 tape showing a heart shape that already appeared on the tape with no manipulation other than enhancing contrast & color on the entire image and (2) the sticker backing shape.

Image two in that post is the sticker backing shape superimposed on top of the Q64 tape, to show that the shape of the sticker backing is the same as the shape that appears on the tape.

I scaled the image of the tape and the image of the sticker backing to the proper sizes according to the sizes given in the discovery documents BEFORE making the comparison, so the comparison shows that the size matches as well as the shape.
...which, BTW, is amazing work!!

Yes.

AZ the little "Thank You" button is not enough for all you do on Websleuths and the information you provide to all of us. I wish there was something more meaningful than "Thank You" to express the appreciation for all you do here.

Murder Docket Updated:

12/28/2010 Motion to Preclude Phantom " Heart Sticker" Evidence

12/28/2010 Memorandum of Law in Support of Motion to Preclude Phantom "Heart Sticker" Evidence

Murder Docket Updated:

12/28/2010 Motion to Preclude Phantom " Heart Sticker" Evidence

12/28/2010 Memorandum of Law in Support of Motion to Preclude Phantom "Heart Sticker" Evidence

Wow. We were just talking about this, and lookie here! Now they want it out. Their ears were probably itching them something awful the last few days, LOL.

Hmmmm, this could also be proof that they read here! *waves to defense reading this thread*

Or they're just scared of AZ and her lawyer powers.

Wow. We were just talking about this, and lookie here! Now they want it out. Their ears were probably itching them something awful the last few days, LOL.

Hmmmm, this could also be proof that they read here! *waves to defense reading this thread*

Oh, I definitely think they have someone following along...just in case they've missed anything. Pretty sad when you think about it.

Well if they included any language suggested here on WS, then we will know for sure!

Casey Anthony wants heart sticker evidence excluded from trial
Casey Anthony's defense team filed a motion Tuesday seeking to exclude references to the sticker or heart-shaped residue from her first-degree murder trial.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...nthony-heart-sticker-20101229,0,5749918.story

In his motion, defense attorney Jose Baez said the fingerprint examiner only saw the alleged residue when she performed a procedure called "super glue fuming."

The examiner said she wasn't certain exactly what she saw and did not authorize law-enforcement to "allege otherwise, the story of the 'heart sticker.'"

"Law enforcement has been instrumental in manufacturing a story where there clearly was none," Baez wrote.

"Despite their complete lack of basis in fact, these reckless and patently untrue statements have exploded in the media and quickly spiraled out of control. There is now a common public perception, contrary to fact, that actual residue of a sticker was found on the duct tape."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back