EVIDENCE - Pro and Con

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this on the Jessica Chambers thread as well. This tool is somewhat helpful to experience a drive from point A to point B...

2D Driving Simulator on Google Maps

A few Points of Interest:

Heather's Condo - 541 White River Dr. Myrtle Beach, SC 29579

M's House - 8796 State Highway 814, Myrtle Beach, SC 29588

Peachtree Landing - 6692 Peachtree Rd. Myrtle Beach, SC 29588

In this case they've caught the killers. What they don't have is the body. And while that is extremely troubling for a few reasons, not the least of which so the Elvis family can lay their daughter/sister to rest, at least it is possible to obtain a murder conviction without a body, and the state felt they had enough evidence to move forward and make the arrest. That's more than others get in too many cases.

It's always hard for spectators to wait to find out what the evidence is, but this case will go to trial eventually, and until then, the public and spectators/followers will just have to wait it out.

As for searching for Heather, if there are places that weren't searched, but should be, get some volunteers together to search. I suspect LE resources can't spend a whole lot of hours looking at this point when there are a lot of other crimes to deal with.

If a new judge is appointed in the Elvis case, it could have a profound impact on when the trial of Sidney and Tammy Moorer starts.

According to the state judicial department’s website, Judge Dennis is assigned to Horry County the weeks of Jan. 19 and May 11.

Judge James is assigned during the weeks of Jan. 12, Feb. 23 and June 22, the website states.

Richardson has previously said he thought the case wouldn't go to trial until at least March.

If the trial is assigned to either Dennis or James, it wouldn’t begin until May at the earliest. The schedules, however, are not set in stone and are subject to change.
The S.C. Supreme Court would have to formally sign off on any circuit court scheduling changes, said Jay Bender, an attorney with the S.C. Press Association who’s familiar with circuit court scheduling.

“The chief justice makes those assignments,” Bender said. “They can talk about it and say, ‘maybe James can do it and maybe Dennis can do it,’ but it’s the chief justice who makes the decision.”

As of press time, no scheduling orders had been filed with the Horry County Clerk of Court’s office, a clerk of court representative said.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_bb0cc812-8560-11e4-95f6-2f488a659778.html

If a new judge is appointed in the Elvis case, it could have a profound impact on when the trial of Sidney and Tammy Moorer starts.

According to the state judicial department’s website, Judge Dennis is assigned to Horry County the weeks of Jan. 19 and May 11.

Judge James is assigned during the weeks of Jan. 12, Feb. 23 and June 22, the website states.

Richardson has previously said he thought the case wouldn't go to trial until at least March.

If the trial is assigned to either Dennis or James, it wouldn’t begin until May at the earliest. The schedules, however, are not set in stone and are subject to change.
The S.C. Supreme Court would have to formally sign off on any circuit court scheduling changes, said Jay Bender, an attorney with the S.C. Press Association who’s familiar with circuit court scheduling.

“The chief justice makes those assignments,” Bender said. “They can talk about it and say, ‘maybe James can do it and maybe Dennis can do it,’ but it’s the chief justice who makes the decision.”

As of press time, no scheduling orders had been filed with the Horry County Clerk of Court’s office, a clerk of court representative said.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_bb0cc812-8560-11e4-95f6-2f488a659778.html

To uncomplicate it for them, just toss a coin. Get this trial on the road! jmo

Hey Knox! :seeya:

Just watched the news (WBTW)... Solicitor Jimmy Richardson seemed pretty doubtful that they will find Heather. Said he's not confident that they will find a body.

LE has exhausted all current leads.

Says trial will begin in May or June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really didn't know where to post this. There didn't seem to be a right spot so I picked here because it was most recently updated. It's kind of going to be stream of consciousness, just updating everyone on what has been going on in my Heather bubble. I know I went MIA, that was on purpose. A lot of things were being said on here and off here that I couldn't deal with without getting into some kind of trouble, so I just removed myself. Of course, aside from that nothing has changed here. There may be a few less fliers, a few less searches, a few less news stories... but otherwise everything is stagnant. No one knows where Heather is, no one is talking. The gag order has made it frustrating to try and follow the case because there is just NOTHING. Her banners are still posted, in fact if you Google for River City Cafe in Socastee on the map and go street view, you'll see one. She is still missing and missed. People still talk about her case, but we're all just stuck waiting for either someone to crack and tell where she is, or for this trial to start. It's so frustrating, I've seen trials for other public murders be conducted, in short months, and here this one is going to be around a year's timeline? I can only hope that means that the state is getting their ducks in a row so that this trial sticks good.

But in the meantime, the community is stuck. I don't know if anyone's posted here but TK has closed. PTL has a beautiful garden in Heather's memory. Her family is being so strong I can't even fathom how they are doing it. There have been many vigils. She has been prayed for worlds over. I see her face on stickers on the back of cars driving down 31. I wear a "Find Heather Elvis" bracelet on my wrist. I dream about her, a lot. I hate it because they make me sad, but also because I always get woken up RIGHT when I'm about to find out where she is. I know that many have given up hope, that the Ms are charged with murder, but she hasn't been found. There is no body, and I don't know what evidence the state has. So until I know, I have hope. Except I also don't. Heather is Schrodinger's Cat. She has been put in a box, labelled missing, or better yet, on the side of a milk carton. and until we open it, until we find her and see her, she's neither dead, nor alive, she's both.

It's hard, my dad knew her. He had her number in his cell phone, and I guess this weird thing happens with smart phones, at least on AT&T... where if you haven't talked to a phone number in a certain number of days the phone will ring with that number to remind you to call it or delete it. This setting is turned on automatically and you have to go physically turn it off. I think it was in July... my dad's phone rang and the display said it was Heather. It freaked him out so bad. He answered of course because what else would you do? but it was just dead air. That's how we found out about that stupid weird setting. Because he went to the carrier and asked them what the heck?

Thursday is the 1 year anniversary, and the vigil. I'm going, of course. How could I not? But why do I have this weird feeling in my stomach like something will happen. Because it's been a year? Because if something doesn't happen soon the community might explode? It feels like a powder keg. There are rumors, of course, but not as many as there had been. I've been thinking of her a lot lately. More than usual I mean. Actively thinking. Maybe it's mostly because of the anniversary but also, the case of Jessica Chambers? For some reason, something about that resonates the same note inside of me. Except it turns bitter. Because I'm sorry for her and her family, I really am. But at least they have her body. At least they know. For sure. The not knowing, that's the hardest part. How it hasn't killed the Elvis' spirits I will never in a million years know. Is it weird to say that I admire them for that? For their strength and poise and faith in the face of this never ending tragedy? I do. Well. I've said enough, but I will come back after the vigil. Especially if something does in fact happen.[/QUOTE

Thank you for the heartfelt update, CarolinaAsh. So tragic that the Elvis family still has no idea where Heather is. Pure torture for them and it is beyond evil that they must endure such cruelty for over a year now. I hope in some way our support will help lessen their pain a little bit.

How chilling for your Dad to receive a call from Heather's phone number. Poor guy; that would have done a number on me.

And Tilted Kilt being closed is somehow fitting. I wish Heather never worked there and met you know who. It still haunts me to envision Heather innocently waiting in the dark at PTL for Sidney Moorer. It is difficult to hang in there until trial to find out what is known to have happened that fateful night. And still, we are left with no answers as to where Heather is. Justice can't come soon enough.

Your admiration for Heather's family is for good reason, and I have to respect how they keep forging on under the most horrendous of circumstances. They have courage.

Horry County search warrants itemize findings from Moorer, Caison homes
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2014 7:00 am
By Michael Smith

Horry County police investigating the Heather Elvis case seized 13 cell phones, six computers, and various financial records after executing search warrants at the homes of Sidney and Tammy Moorer and their parents, according to documents obtained by Waccamaw Publishers.

Horry County police also seized $10,600 in cash and two shotguns from the Moorers’ home at 8786 Highway 814 in February, but police returned the weapons a day later, documents show.
Police took two swabs from a shotgun, but the warrants don’t specify from which shotgun the swab was taken.

As a result of the search warrants, police took Sidney and Tammy Moorer into custody on Feb. 21.

Not sure if this means Waccamaw Publishers obtained the complete search warrant information they were trying to obtain or not? The article just states that documents obtained.

Does not state anything about M's vehicles.

From article (BBM):

Polly Caison, mother of Tammy Moorer, said documents stating that police returned the shotguns serve as further proof her daughter and son-in-law had nothing to do with Elvis’ disappearance.

“We were all together the night she went missing,” Caison said. “They [Sidney and Tammy] had just gotten home around 3 o’clock [a.m.] and they never left the house. We were up that night. We all go to work early in the morning.”

Interesting statement IMO. IIRC, wasn't TM home all night cutting coupons?

More evidence to add to list:

• 13 cell phones (M's)
  • 6 computers (M's)
  • various financial records (M's)
  • $10,600 in cash (M's)
  • 2 shotguns from M's home (but returned)
  • variety of recording devices (hmmm... [?] tape recorders, video cameras, surveillance system, web cams???)
  • 5 video game systems from M's (2 Xbox systems, 1 Xbox hard drive and 2 Nintendo Wiis.) - which can contain chat information, time stamps, among other info IMO.

Not sure if this means Waccamaw Publishers obtained the complete search warrant information they were trying to obtain or not? The article just states that documents obtained.

Does not state anything about M's vehicles.

From article (BBM):

Interesting statement IMO.

More evidence to add to list:

• 13 cell phones (M's)
  • 6 computers (M's)
  • various financial records (M's)
  • $10,600 in cash (M's)
  • 2 shotguns from M's home (but returned)
  • variety of recording devices (hmmm... [?] tape recorders, video cameras, surveillance system, web cams???)
  • 5 video game systems from M's (2 Xbox systems, 1 Xbox hard drive and 2 Nintendo Wiis.) - which can contain chat information, time stamps, among other info IMO.

13 cell phones? Wow.

13 cell phones? Wow.

That's really not as surprising as it sounds. We have four people in our household and I just threw away about eight old cell phones that we had in addition to the four that we currently have. That does not mean all eight were active or in use.

That's really not as surprising as it sounds. We have four people in our household and I just threw away about eight old cell phones that we had in addition to the four that we currently have. That does not mean all eight were active or in use.

I didn't think about their older children having phones or old phones. Thanks.

Although, there could have been a burner phone or two in there.

Am I crazy, or has Polly's statement changed from what was initially said back in February?
If you're crazy, I'm right there with you. Unless somebody managed to keep this statement out of the press for all these months, their all "being together" at any time during that night is news to me. How can you be together "that night" if TM and SM didn't come home until 3 am? So they just stayed up all night because TM and SM got home at 3 am? Who was driving their truck to PTL if everyone was together? Didn't anyone notice their truck start up and drive off with someone else driving it? Hmmm.... Polly better watch it or she will implicate herself.

If you're crazy, I'm right there with you. Unless somebody managed to keep this statement out of the press for all these months, their all "being together" at any time during that night is news to me. How can you be together "that night" if TM and SM didn't come home until 3 am? So they just stayed up all night because TM and SM got home at 3 am? Who was driving their truck to PTL if everyone was together? Didn't anyone notice their truck start up and drive off with someone else driving it? Hmmm.... Polly better watch it or she will implicate herself.

And: "We were up that night. We all go to work early in the morning.”

Yes, when I go to work early in the morning, I'm always "up that night" before. Especially until 3AM. Makes perfect sense.

Then there is the above. If the M's were gone and did not return until 3:00AM, the statement is vague at best. This article was written June 1st, maybe the Caison's should keep crib notes.
They could just check HERE to find out what the media says they said....

And there are so many reasons this statement could have issues, but not discussable since he is a minor so we are all left to think our own thoughts on the matter.:worms:

I said I'd come back so I am. But there's really not much to say. You've all ready the articles. The vigil was beautiful, and hard. Speakers kept treating it as a memorial and then having to backtrack to vigil. For example... "In memory of Heather, or rather, in honor of Heather." Her family still holds so much hope it made me wince every time someone did it. Now, it's just a waiting game. Just thinking of how long it will be until the trial though... makes me want to cry.

I'm sure it was a very emotional gathering, and I'm glad the community is continuing to support the family. Surely everyone knows Heather is deceased, including her beloved family, considering there's going to be a murder trial in a matter of several months. I can understand why hope is held out. The hope has probably shifted to "hope they are able to find her body so they can give her a proper burial," as there is no way she is hiding out somewhere or being held against her will somewhere.

Yes, this is very curious. You would think they would have addressed the source of this article. If the warrants were released, why are no other news outlets reporting this? If they were released completely this surely would have been covered by all media in the Myrtle Beach area. I personally feel My Horry News always tries to be first with the news, without a regard for journalistic integrity, particularly in the Heather Elvis case. It almost seems like they got the info from TM's family??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia