Evidence revealed during the course of the Wrongful Death action

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Per Greer - Jonah was deposed. Per phone records, Jonah did make a call to RZ and left a voicemail. When asked Jonah did not say what was said in the voicemail. Jonah was very vague.

Dina states in the presser, she does NOT believe Rebecca hurt Maxie.

Just my opinion, there seems to me to be an ominous vibe from all the parties pointing towards Jonah and SDSO concerning both Max and Rebecca's death.

Again, A LOT to absorb!

Wrongful-death lawsuit against Dina Shacknai dropped, Zahaus' lawyer apologizes

Posted: Apr 20, 2017

Snip-

Shacknai said that rather than blaming Zahau for what happened to her son, she was grateful to her because she believed Zahau was the first to take action to save Max's life.

She said she was stunned to learn about Zahau's death.

"This was a mystery to me, inexplicable," she said. At the time, she still believed her son would recover, thanks, in part, to Zahau.

"This last four years has been torturous for us," she said. "We have lost so much."

"I pray now that the Zahau family and our family, that we can begin the process of attempting to heal our hearts from this loss," Romano said, also thanking Greer for his apology. "It has been tragic -- life-shattering."

"Looking back, quite frankly, I believe that Rebecca deeply cared about Max," Shacknai said. "I don't believe ... that she would have hurt him. I don't know what else happened that day .... I don't believe Rebecca hurt Maxie."

http://www.azfamily.com/story/35200...death-suit-against-az-woman-lawyer-apologizes

Does she think all of her media appearances stating Rebecca and/or younger sister beat and then torpedoed the little boy have been scrubbed? Oh. and don't forget, she 'paid' two professionals hundreds of thousands of $$$$$$!!!!! to come up with a scenario proving it.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Overwhelming Evidence Vindicates Twin Sisters, Dina Shacknai And Nina Romano, And Proves Their Innocence Regarding Any Involvement In Rebecca Zahau's Death, Per Keith Greer, Plaintiff's Counsel

04-20-2017

Snip-BBM

Rebecca was discovered dead two days after Jonah and Dina Shacknai's six-year-old son Maxie Shacknai was admitted to Rady Children's hospital based on information that Max suffered an unwitnessed fall at the Speckles mansion. At the press conference Dina Shacknai confirmed that the information provided to first responders and medical personnel at Sharp and Rady Hospitals was that Max suffered a heart attack which preceded the fall. Doctors were informed that Max received prompt medical intervention at the scene thus they were focused on ruling out a genetic disorder called long QT syndrome.

Dina Shacknai said, "From what I was told, I was grateful Maxie received immediate CPR from Rebecca, which is why I was so shocked to hear people saying that Rebecca had taken her life given that all reports were that Rebecca had attempted to save his life according to Maxie's father. I never imagined my son was not going to walk out of the hospital, never play soccer again, never start first grade...until he flat lined on Friday, July 15, 2011. It was at least ten hours after I learned of her death that we received Maxie's MRI results that showed he had suffered critical brain damage."

Keith Greer, Esq. said, "When we filed the lawsuit we relied on information which has now been refuted. After years of investigation and evidentiary analysis by experts it has become evident that our initial theory which alleged the involvement of Dina Shacknai and Nina Romano in the tragic death of Rebecca Zahau was wrong."

https://www.thestreet.com/story/140...death-per-keith-greer-plaintiffs-counsel.html

Just started watching presser on YouTube (thanks for the link, *Lash*). The Zahaus aren't there - just Greer. I'm relieved. Greer says he's confirmed from "multiple sources" DS was @ Rady with her son Max, that evening. RZ heard screaming by neighbor around 11:30pm; DS on Rady video at that time.

Greer now apologizing to Dina and Nina for the trauma caused to them. Greer wants "the world" to know they were not involved in any way.

Greer says information about millions of dollars changing hands is untrue. Millions of dollars have not been "thrown at them" by the plaintiffs.

Both sisters thanked Greer repeatedly for his remarks before he turned the mic over to Nina's attorney. Wessel(?), NR's attorney, says he understands how SDSO arrived at their conclusion it was a suicide {insert eyeroll here}. (Eyeroll not intended for Wessel, but for SDSO.) Wessel also says NR's insurance made some move ($$?) to protect NR because they don't know what Adam will do.

Greer again. DS's attorney asked him to explain "Dismissed with prejudice" (which I think everyone here understands).

Dina on da mic now. Had a prepared statement but decided to "speak from the heart." Thanks Greer for his "unprecedented apology." Refers to both RZ and Max as victims. Disagrees with Greer on certain things, but believes both Rebecca and Max "deserve answers."

As *Lash* mentioned above, DS says at the time of Max's accident, she/they were told he had a heart attacked and "tumbled over the banister." She was told that directly by his father (JS), and it was confirmed by Rady medical records. She was also told RZ performed CPR, and she was very grateful. (DS is actually talking in terms of "we," including Nina in her remarks.) EMT arrived within 2 minutes. Their understanding was that Max had no spinal cord injuries and received oxygen within 4 minutes, and drs were looking to rule out "long QT syndrome," which is a genetic disorder. She and NR were asked to give DNA.

Never during that time did DS think Max would not walk out of the hospital. She repeats that both she and NR were grateful to RZ, because they felt at the time she had saved his life by doing CPR immediately. Then she refers to not understanding what happened on Weds when she got the news - I assume she's referring to RZ's death? She says it wasn't until Weds evening that they learned that Max's injuries were more extensive than they were initially led to believe, so DS started checking w/doctors in Phoenix about rehab services.

She says "we" will do whatever we can do help find answers about what happened to both RZ and Max, though she doesn't agree with the course the litigation is taking (the case against Adam). DS thanks the press for listening and for being there for the presser. She has one last comment - the last 4 years have been "torturous" for "us." She was practicing as a child psychologist, so her passion was for childen, not just her own "amazing" 6-year-old son. So "this" has had an impact on their careers and reputations, and she again says she appreciates Greer making the "unprecedented apology."

Nina on da mic now. Thanks Greer as well. She prays that now, the Zahau family and their family can now begin the process to "heal our hearts from this loss." Hopes both families can find some peace while they begin the process of rebuilding their lives.

Overwhelming evidence vindicates twin sisters, Dina Shacknai and Nina Romano, and proves their innocence regarding any involvement in Rebecca Zahau's death, per Keith Greer, Plaintiff's counsel

Greer took the unprecedented step of issuing a public apology to Dina and Nina for their years of suffering caused by this lawsuit

NEWS PROVIDED BY
Keith Greer, Esq.
Apr 20, 2017

Snip-

At today's press conference, the attorney for Nina Romano, Darin Wessel, Esq. said "In this case, Nina's insurance carrier made a business decision to end the financial bleeding from the cost of litigation and protect its insured, Nina Romano. Her insurance carrier, on its own, negotiated this release. Nina Romano was always firmly and adamantly against paying any money to Plaintiffs because she had nothing to do with Rebecca's death."

This morning Dina highlighted the fact that she and Nina had never deviated from their commitment to not offer a single penny to the Plaintiffs to end this case against them.

As counsel confirmed, the unfortunate reality is that insurance companies do not have to follow their insureds' wishes, as happened in this case with Nina. A monetary settlement of any amount was absolutely against Nina's wishes.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...keith-greer-plaintiffs-counsel-300443002.html

Greer is now taking questions, but I'm so completely confused right now I need to take a breather before I listen to the rest of the presser.

Greer's apology smacks of crocodile tears. He has known all along that Dina was on videotape.

I wonder why Mary Zahau was not there? She certainly has taken any opportunity in the media to accuse Dina of murder, so you think she would want to apologize publicly.

Sad that these two women have had to live with all of these accusations for the past 5 years.

The fact that Greer never deposed Dina says it all.

My guess is that Dina and Nina insisted that a public apology was part of the deal. Greer did not apologize on his own, IMO.

Holy moly. So Dina at first believed Jonah about the heart attack and "tumbling over the bannister" ... but a year later she believed Max's death was a homicide ... BUT she now doesn't believe Rebecca hurt Max. She doesn't know who else was in the house that morning besides RZ and her sister "who was a teenager."

Also, earlier Greer said that he expected Dina's upcoming deposition will be "explosive" or "interesting" or words to that effect.

Agree with *Lash* above that there was an ominous tone with regard to Jonah, in addition to Adam.

Good grief. I have absolutely no idea what to think at this point.

I can't believe what I'm reading!

What caused this sudden turnaround in Dina? She has been foaming at the mouth with vile insults against Rebecca since Max's accident. Now, all of a sudden, she has kind words for her and believes that Rebecca's quick attention to Max was helpful? Not quoting Dina exactly.

Why are they putting Adam off until February 2018?

What a day, what a conclusion to this sad death of Rebecca.

Does she think all of her media appearances stating Rebecca and/or younger sister beat and then torpedoed the little boy have been scrubbed? Oh. and don't forget, she 'paid' two professionals hundreds of thousands of $$$$$$!!!!! to come up with a scenario proving it.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Yes, at this point I'm going to wait and see what comes up next. Her statement is completely different from other public statements she's made before. It's hard to know what to believe. Ditto for any of the tapes showing where anyone was during the time RZ was killed. Same for the statement that phone records show Jonah left a voicemail for RZ that night. We know at the time that SDSO could not verify that information, only that a call was made to RZ's phone.

It seems like there's enough evidence the investigation was botched that the California AG can call for a new criminal investigation.

Greer's apology smacks of crocodile tears. He has known all along that Dina was on videotape.

I wonder why Mary Zahau was not there? She certainly has taken any opportunity in the media to accuse Dina of murder, so you think she would want to apologize publicly.

Sad that these two women have had to live with all of these accusations for the past 5 years.

The fact that Greer never deposed Dina says it all.

My guess is that Dina and Nina insisted that a public apology was part of the deal. Greer did not apologize on his own, IMO.

It appears Dina will be deposed. She hasn't thus far because she and her lawyers have fought very hard the last few years to avoid a deposition.

It appears Dina will be deposed. She hasn't thus far because she and her lawyers have fought very hard the last few years to avoid a deposition.

And one has to wonder why. Is it because she can no longer be sued?
But....what if the AG DOES decide to investigate? Which could possibly result in her being charged as an accessory?
It seems she now "feels free" to say whatever she wants.....could she end up saying things that might later incriminate her? hmmmm

ETA Could all this be a ploy by Greer? Getting a lot of press now, instead of all the behind the scenes activity.

Dina has not been deposed because Greer never deposed her. Greer just sent out his first deposition requests in September, 2016.

The AG will not reopen the case. Rebecca committed suicide, just as SDSO concluded. Adam was not involved, except to try to save Rebecca by cutting her down like the 911 operator asked him to do.

This was, is, and has been only about money.

Adam will be found innocent. All the evidence shows Rebecca and only Rebecca was responsible for her death. As I have said many times, Jonah told her it was over in that phone call and she took her life in an angry and vengeful manner.

IMO

Dina states in the presser, she does NOT believe Rebecca hurt Maxie.

Just my opinion, there seems to me to be an ominous vibe from all the parties pointing towards Jonah and SDSO concerning both Max and Rebecca's death.

Again, A LOT to absorb!

(((This)))) is what I meant when I said don't be blind. Nina, if you go back and listen to her radio interview, was dumbfounded... not knowing WTF was going on when Rebecca was found.

I think a few people may owe apologies to LL for all the abuse heaped upon her, while she defended the sisters.

Dina has not been deposed because Greer never deposed her. Greer just sent out his first deposition requests in September, 2016.

The AG will not reopen the case. Rebecca committed suicide, just as SDSO concluded. Adam was not involved, except to try to save Rebecca by cutting her down like the 911 operator asked him to do.

This was, is, and has been only about money.

Adam will be found innocent. All the evidence shows Rebecca and only Rebecca was responsible for her death. As I have said many times, Jonah told her it was over in that phone call and she took her life in an angry and vengeful manner.

IMO

Thank you J... we will take that under advisement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C
Back