Evidence revealed during the course of the Wrongful Death action

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In Ann Rules book, the picture of the door shows none of those squiggly marks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I gotta ask....what's with the scribbling on the door around the panel where the message is painted on?

LOL That's precisely what I asked too! Your guess is as good as mine.

Well hello small but mighty detail!

Nice catch, Morag!

Bourne, I can't imagine why investigators would scribble on anything, much less a piece of potential evidence...but we've all seen some strange things in this case, so maybe they did do it. The scribbles were clearly made with something other than the paint used for the message; it looks like Sharpie ink to me. My first thought was that Jonah's daughter had done that bit (remember IP saying that one of Jonah's older kids had a history of writing n walls?) but the loops and the --flow? of the --design? seem pretty sophisticated to have come from the hand of an angry teenager. It looks like it was done quickly, with a sure and focused motion, almost as if the artist was framing the text, with a flourish. IOW, I think the scribbles were done at the same time as the painted message, and by the same person/people. MOO

Ah, I do recall IP saying that too. She said the oldest child of Jonah, the daughter would mark the walls with black sharpie.

Looking at the scribbles more closely, the scribbles appear to be scrawled prior to the large painted black words. Maybe the daughter marked the door awhile ago and then killer painted on top? Seems murderer is familiar with the house and room and markings...

As I look further, the entire door is darkened as if someone tried to wipe away the markings. From what I recall, LE had painted over the door and handed it back to Jonah. I'm guessing this is a pic of the original door.

Nod, I can't imagine LE would make bizarre scribbles on the door. But the LE in this particular case did a lot of strange things. So no idea. lol

The darkening is likely just fingerprint powder, it doesn't look like anyone attempted to cover the message to me.

If LE were to actually write/draw ON evidence...that shows an insane amount of lack of training. As a forensics student you get it drilled into you that you never ever EVERRRRRRRR tamper with evidence. We aren't even allowed to delete evidence photos that come out bad (no flash, evidence cut off, etc). You just mark it in your photo list that the picture was a bad picture and take another better shot.

Fascinating.
Waiting for Adam and Dina to implicate each other.
The Zahaus could have settled for millions and refused? Waiting to hear what LL has to say about that.

Thank you so much, Lash and KZ!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

i wonder which defendant offered the Zahaus $millions to dismiss the case? Jonah or Dina? I doubt it was either Nina or Adam.

This pretty much means the defendants are guilty of killing Rebecca, no?

I wish we knew but usually if they are covered by insurance it is the insurance company who offers $$$$$$ to settle a suit. Often times the defendants have no say in it since they aren't the ones who will payout the monies.

In the settled out of court cases I have seen the defendants admit to no guilt but the insurance company wants to settle rather than going to court.

Insurance companies are very savvy. IMO they could see the writing on the wall (the door?) i.e. they could see they would lose. Good for the Zahaus for hanging in there. May God continue to give them the strength they need to see this to the end.

I wish we knew but usually if they are covered by insurance it is the insurance company who offers $$$$$$ to settle a suit. Often times the defendants have no say in it since they aren't the ones who will payout the monies.

In the settled out of court cases I have seen the defendants admit to no guilt but the insurance company wants to settle rather than going to court.

Are we sure there is insurance involved? What kind of insurance can one buy to protect one from the civil repercussions of murdering someone? Not sure that exists. I don't think homeowner's insurance would cover deliberate illegal acts. Would they even pay for cleaning up a suicide of one of the residents of the home? Anyone here with insider insurance information? I'm interested in this discussion.

K_Z: Totally agree about Jonah's involvement in the cover-up. His well-manicured mitts have been all over this thing from the very beginning.

Quite a few of us have been saying this from the beginning. I've always been suspicious of the "alleged" text message that Jonah sent to Rebecca, supposedly triggering her "suicide". There was never any evidence provided that such a text message existed. It was all taken on Jonah's word that he sent it and what it contained. Until Jonah told that story, SDSO had no way to make their case for suicide. They would not have been able to close down the murder investigation. Remember, it's not the crime, it's the cover-up.

Jonah's company was in the midst of the Medecis merger at the time of RZ's murder. He wanted no bad publicity to interfere with the merger. He was willing to do what was necessary, call in every favor to get RZ's death out of the news and swept under the rug. JMO.

It was clear that someone, likely Jonah, with money and influence got to LE after Becky's body was found. The fact that Pfingst was immediately on the scene to defend Adam corroborates that.

However, I still don't believe Jonah conspired to have Becky murdered. I'm surprised the case has taken this sudden turn wherein Nina is removed from the lawsuit.

It seemed if anyone had a hand in helping Dina kill Becky, it would be her twin since that's someone she would have trusted with her life...

Hard to imagine Dina was close to Adam, although he's mental competence has been called into question so he could have been duped into assisting a murder or its coverup.

Looking forward to the trial and more evidence/witnesses revealing themselves.

Thanks for the explanations. One would think though, if as Dina had asserted, that she had "ironclad alibis" for the time period when Rebecca passed away, that the insurance company would put the alibi evidence forward and have the entire case closed and ruled in their favor so that they won't have to dole out any payments for settlement or a further trial...

With thanks and credit to Lash for finding this tweet from Attorney Greer. Apparently there will be local news coverage of Rebecca's case tonight. Lots of interesting news today!

Check out this tweet from plaintiffs' attorney Greer today:

https://twitter.com/GreerLawyer/status/829849846118916097/photo/1

[video=twitter;829849846118916097]https://twitter.com/GreerLawyer/status/829849846118916097[/video]

Before this, I think the only "door" pic we had access to was the one that was in Ann Rule's book. This is much clearer. Lots of fingerprint powder, so the pic is from after it was processed as evidence. That "S" before the "he" sure looks like it was added after the "he" was written. (Others have said that in the past as well.)

Also noticing something strange in that photo that had been hidden from the public. What are all the wavy marks surrounding the painted words? They're also covering the section of the door where the message was painted. Strange. Those marks look like they were made with permanent marker, not paint. There's little to no variation or interruptions in the scrawls. The color is also different from the paint used for the message.

I'll have to check, but I don't recall a black marker pen on the list of evidence retrieved from the crime scene. Do these scrawlings look like they were added before or after the painted message? What was the point of scrawling them, to draw attention to the message? To add a morbidly decorative touch? Why was this hidden from the public for so long?

Seems like that kind of scribbling would be difficult for someone to do if they were bound hand and foot. How would they draw with a marker, then step away and get paint and paintbrush to paint the message?

K_Z: Totally agree about Jonah's involvement in the cover-up. His well-manicured mitts have been all over this thing from the very beginning.

Wow, at last confirmation that there was a settlement offer!!
Given that GS & ES have a new baby brother in Paradise Valley, the powerful one would like nothing more than to eradicate any and all memory of Rebecca Zahau.

Justice for Rebecca...

Wow, at last confirmation that there was a settlement offer!!
Given that GS & ES have a new baby brother in Paradise Valley, the powerful one would like nothing more than to eradicate any and all memory of Rebecca Zahau.

Justice for Rebecca...
Oh, my. Do tell! Is the littlest one Jonah's, then?

If you save the image of the door from Greer's tweet (linked below) and open it in Windows, you can enlarge the view. When I did that, I could see places where it looks like the text has been painted over similar existing marker-drawn text; see the extra "v" just right of the second "v", and a second "m" under the "m" in "him" for examples.

IMO, the marker was used to write the message, which was then painted over, probably in an attempt to disguise the handwriting. Which is interesting.

Thoughts?

C4Q33dPUEAAzAr2.jpg

If you save the image of the door from Greer's tweet (linked below) and open it in Windows, you can enlarge the view. When I did that, I could see places where it looks like the text has been painted over similar existing marker-drawn text; see the extra "v" just right of the second "v", and a second "m" under the "m" in "him" for examples.

IMO, the marker was used to write the message, which was then painted over, probably in an attempt to disguise the handwriting. Which is interesting.

Thoughts?

View attachment 110026

I'm not so sure. It's possible that the message was pre-written, but I am more inclined to believe that the scribbles just happened to look like the letters they are under.

Interesting the TAG used by ABC for their "Evidence room unlocked in mysterious death of Rebecca Zahau at Spreckels Mansion" article (it seems to have 'mysteriously' disappeared from the abc10 San Diego edition, but last I checked was still on the abc15 Phoenix edition). Hmmm... seems someone on the editorial staff is leaning towards the obvious IMO:

san diego | california | 10news | kgtv | murder

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-no...s-death-of-rebecca-zahau-at-spreckels-mansion

abc10news.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back