Evidence you can't explain

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Seriously, they hid a gun in case of a confrontation? Who does that?
Either I never heard this or I forgot, but boy this is weird. If I was that scared of somebody, I think I would want them to see me packing heat, you know? so they would think twice about doing whatever it was they did that made me fear for my life in the 1st place. moo

The RN was tested by linguistic experts and found to be consistent with PR's writing style. They also think she was sniping at him with the line; "Grow a brain Jon." I think she wrote it. I'm 99% sure she wrote it.

As for motive, it's possible JB told her she didn't want to do pageants anymore. JMO

I used to think that too. But read the note again and look specifically at key words: "monitor" "execution" "scanned" "electronic" and "device" are computer terms. John Ramsey worked in the computer business.Not Patsy.

The 'and hence' phrase which is now an infamous phrase in this case appears in two other places associated with this case : the London letter and a newseum interview. John Ramsey co-authored the London letter and it was John Ramsey, not Patsy, who used the term "and hence" in the interview.

Further, handwriting expert Dr. Fausto Brugnatelli claims that John was the author of the note. Same too with Bart Bagget. Their claims can be viewed online.Dr. Fausto Brugnatelli's is very convincing imo.Far more convincing than the ones who blame Patsy in my view.

Personally, I'm now thinking John wrote the note. The note is addressed to John. I think this is important because, if my theory is correct, the plan was to get the body out of the house.And the note made allowances for this considering it said the bad guys would call "tomorrow" on the 27th giving John over a day to sort this out. And if John was the culprit, by addressing John it gave him the power in this situation -- he had to be the one to sort it out.The note also said it was he who was to get the money from HIS account. And it was money to a value of HIS bonus. Further, whilst narrowing down the note's intended recipient to John, it also goes to great lengths to persuade the reader not to call the police because the ramifications of such actions will result in death to JonBenet. Therefore, we have a ransom note targetting John and excluding others -- both the remaining family members and law enforcement. It's in this vein I think Patsy's call to 911 was not part of the plan too.

The fact that S.B.T.C and Victory were used at the bottom is also used to mean Patsy was the author. By another explanation would be that the author was trying to make it look like some religiously motivated nutjub(s) did it. maybe John was familiar with such language because of Patsy's strong faith in recent years.

The language seems more consistent with what John would use in my opinion. Rather than being theatrical and therefore being more Patsy, I see more cunningness in the note what with all the specific instructions. The computer terminology used also lends itself to John Being the author.I don't see a 'motherly' vibe in the note: I see an author doing everything they can to make a plan work. And part of that plan meant convincing significant others to follow instructions in the note.

The note, if used properly would give John Ramsey the excuse to get the body out of the house, stage the ransom shenanigans whilst getting Patsy and burke to leave the home too under the guise that he's taking care of it.

And by doing this, it would be a lot more sensible than a supposed murdered writing a ransom note and then calling the cops with the dead body still in the house.

I used to think that too. But read the note again and look specifically at key words: "monitor" "execution" "scanned" "electronic" and "device" are computer terms. John Ramsey worked in the computer business.Not Patsy.

The 'and hence' phrase which is now an infamous phrase in this case appears in two other places associated with this case : the London letter and a newseum interview. John Ramsey co-authored the London letter and it was John Ramsey, not Patsy, who used the term "and hence" in the interview.

Further, handwriting expert Dr. Fausto Brugnatelli claims that John was the author of the note. Same too with Bart Bagget. Their claims can be viewed online.Dr. Fausto Brugnatelli's is very convincing imo.Far more convincing than the ones who blame Patsy in my view.

Personally, I'm now thinking John wrote the note. The note is addressed to John. I think this is important because, if my theory is correct, the plan was to get the body out of the house.And the note made allowances for this considering it said the bad guys would call "tomorrow" on the 27th giving John over a day to sort this out. And if John was the culprit, by addressing John it gave him the power in this situation -- he had to be the one to sort it out.The note also said it was he who was to get the money from HIS account. And it was money to a value of HIS bonus. Further, whilst narrowing down the note's intended recipient to John, it also goes to great lengths to persuade the reader not to call the police because the ramifications of such actions will result in death to JonBenet. Therefore, we have a ransom note targetting John and excluding others -- both the remaining family members and law enforcement. It's in this vein I think Patsy's call to 911 was not part of the plan too.

The fact that S.B.T.C and Victory were used at the bottom is also used to mean Patsy was the author. By another explanation would be that the author was trying to make it look like some religiously motivated nutjub(s) did it. maybe John was familiar with such language because of Patsy's strong faith in recent years.

The language seems more consistent with what John would use in my opinion. Rather than being theatrical and therefore being more Patsy, I see more cunningness in the note what with all the specific instructions. The computer terminology used also lends itself to John Being the author.I don't see a 'motherly' vibe in the note: I see an author doing everything they can to make a plan work. And part of that plan meant convincing significant others to follow instructions in the note.

The note, if used properly would give John Ramsey the excuse to get the body out of the house, stage the ransom shenanigans whilst getting Patsy and burke to leave the home too under the guise that he's taking care of it.

And by doing this, it would be a lot more sensible than a supposed murdered writing a ransom note and then calling the cops with the dead body still in the house.

A very very compelling argument I haven't previously considered!
Thank you! I love having something new to chew on and consider!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

A very very compelling argument I haven't previously considered!
Thank you! I love having something new to chew on and consider!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Happy to help Linda.

Although, as I'm sure you're aware, I'll probably change my mind again in a few hours such is this case. lol.

^ that line of reasoning has merit but I will add that Judith Phillips, PR's friend in Atlanta and later in Boulder, was quoted in PMPT talking about PR's business experience. before she was pregnant with BR she marketed Judith's husband's "sophisticated management system" in GA. then when she became pregnant she quit that job and did all of the the marketing for JR's company out of their basement. (PR's parents and her sisters and their husbands worked for JR as well). so I think PR was very familiar with computer system terminology

^ that line of reasoning has merit but I will add that Judith Phillips, PR's friend in Atlanta and later in Boulder, was quoted in PMPT talking about PR's business experience. before she was pregnant with BR she marketed Judith's husband's "sophisticated management system" in GA. then when she became pregnant she quit that job and did all of the the marketing for JR's company out of their basement. (PR's parents and her sisters and their husbands worked for JR as well). so I think PR was very familiar with computer system terminology

Thanks for the info.

But we would need to establish how familiar she was with that terminology. Similarly, just playing devil's advocate -- why would Patsy use that terminology in a ransom note? Was it to frame John? Why those words? If she and John were in it together, why draw attention to him?

And why, if she did write the note, would she then go and call the police contradicting the note? The 911 call went against everything in the note.

Thanks for the info.

But we would need to establish how familiar she was with that terminology. Similarly, just playing devil's advocate -- why would Patsy use that terminology in a ransom note? Was it to frame John? Why those words? If she and John were in it together, why draw attention to him?

They were trying to make it look written by someone involved with John's business, who would know/use these terms, his bonus, etc.

They were trying to make it look written by someone involved with John's business, who would know/use these terms, his bonus, etc.

Right.

But they also wanted to avoid going to jail hence the note and its instructions. So why call the police when there was a dead body in the house as opposed to getting the body out of the house -- something clearly possible considering the note itself gave leeway to do this what with its "tommorrow" we'll call reference.

I'm on the fence with the head bash being accidental, (and I include a rage attack semi accidental). IMO, it could have been a deliberate, vicious attack meant to kill. When it didn't, maybe the perp then opted for the strangulation. We've heard every theory from rage, accident, her falling on the tub, her being hit instead of the intended target, etc. etc, This blow was so forceful that it left a gaping hole in JB's skull. It took me years to work up the nerve to look at the pictures of her skull, but when I finally did, it was hard for me to imagine anything but intent to kill as the motive. It looks like someone meant to kill and obliterate. An attack like that required murderous hatred, IMO.

I've considered the "murderous hatred" concept, too. When one considers the object was to obliterate JB with a head strike, my initial reaction is to consider BR or PR. But, in challenging some of my own assumptions recently, I’ve also been looking at some theories that the head strike and the strangulation could have been time-wise closer together. Most claim the head strike came first and then the strangulation. This is what I’ve always believed. However, I came across an article about a 5 year old girl in India who was raped by 2 men and who subsequently died. She was screaming and they muffled her with something to stop the screaming. That action, according to the article, caused “brain damage” which put her into a coma. She died in the hospital 2 days later. Could it be possible that the muffling of JB, when she screamed, whether with a hand or something else, did cause her to go into a coma from which the perp couldn’t revive her? (Consider how drowning victims are “technically” still alive but they can’t revive them.) So this was a “partial” asphyxiation? After not being able to bring her back from this, then, an action was taken, then occurred a severe head strike to cause her death? After this, and they thought she was dead, then comes the ligature?

It could have been BR who inadvertently muffled her to the extent it partially asphyxiated her, and he went to one of his parents? Or it could also have been the other suspect of molestation JR, who went into a panic mode. And PR subsequently went into “protective mode”, protecting their lives, though perhaps not really totally forgiving of JR. This shows on the morning of the 26th when they were downright estranged from one another. Just another conideration here, maybe too out there, but the story about the 5 year old in India got me wondering. All moo.

You make some good points, but Kolar's book has convinced me she wrote it. The BPD had a few different handwriting experts look at it and they all agreed it was most likely written by PR with her left hand. According to her friends she ambidextrous. Also, PR used a mixture of typewriter "a" and handwritten "a" in her regular writing just like in the note. In addition to her former work and being married to John I'm sure she was familiar with those terms. This is from the article in the NE above.

...Even though references to the line have appeared in published reports many times since JonBenet's murder, they said they were totally unaware that the words are nearly an exact repeat of a line from the movie "Speed."

"Oh, is that from that movie?" asked Patsy, her eyes opening wide....

Acting surprised that the line came from Speed seems hinky to me.

This is also from that article. It seems like she's playing coy.

...Patsy, who is naturally right-handed, was asked if she can write with her left hand.

"Can I write with my left hand?" she said, pondering the question. A smile crossed her face and she replied: "I can-- but not very well."...

I wish the interview had been taped. It's harder to tell with just the written word. As I said though, Kolar's book has me 99% convinced she wrote it. JMO

(snipped):
“The London Letter” is a prewritten handwriting exemplar. It is either dictated or given to an individual to have them copy in their own handwriting so it can be compared to a questioned document. The London Letter contains every letter of the alphabet, in upper and lower case, as well as every digit from 0-9. There are other standards (The National Park Tour Letter, The Egyptian Letter, etc.), but The London Letter is the most widely used.

John Ramsey did not “co-author” The London Letter, and it does not contain the phrase “and hence”.

Here is the text of The London Letter:
Our London business is good, but Vienna and Berlin are quiet. Mr. D. Lloyd has gone to Switzerland and I hope for good news. He will be there for a week at 1496 Zermott Street and then goes to Turin and Rome and will join Colonel Parry and arrive at Athens, Greece, November 27 or December 2. Letters there should be addressed King James Blvd. 3580. We expect Charles E. Fuller Tuesday. Dr. L. McQuaid and Robert Unger, Esq., left on the 'Y. X.' Express tonight.

(snipped):

“The London Letter” is a prewritten handwriting exemplar. It is either dictated or given to an individual to have them copy in their own handwriting so it can be compared to a questioned document. The London Letter contains every letter of the alphabet, in upper and lower case, as well as every digit from 0-9. There are other standards (The National Park Tour Letter, The Egyptian Letter, etc.), but The London Letter is the most widely used.

John Ramsey did not “co-author” The London Letter, and it does not contain the phrase “and hence”.

Here is the text of The London Letter:

My apologies. I meant the Christmas newsletter where it appears.

My point was that the "and hence" phrase is often used as proof Patsy wrote the ransom note. But actually, the only person we can state with toal certainty who ever used that phrase was John when he gave the newseum interview in 2000. We don't know to what extent the newsletters were co authored.

Granted, some may say that by 2000, the "and hence" phrase had been ingrained into them so they subconsciously said it. That's possible.

If I remember correctly Patsy had experience of "technical" writing - user manuals, about the time she met John

Hi all, first time poster.

I'd like to make one comment in regards to the 26th/27th date of "tomorrow" from the RN. I work plenty of night shifts and at 2am when I say tomorrow, I don't mean the next calendar day. I'm talking about later that day, after I go home and get some sleep. IMO, the note could have been written in the very early hours of the 26th and the author could still have meant the 26th as "tomorrow."

I'd like to make one comment in regards to the 26th/27th date of "tomorrow" from the RN. I work plenty of night shifts and at 2am when I say tomorrow, I don't mean the next calendar day. I'm talking about later that day, after I go home and get some sleep. IMO, the note could have been written in the very early hours of the 26th and the author could still have meant the 26th as "tomorrow."

:welcome: :seeya:

While reading Kolar's book it's evident that the Ramsey's took it to mean that morning because they were expecting a call. IIRC.

Good point and welcome first-timer.

I think the son is not the biological child of John Ramsey. I think (all you science people-yes?no?) this would explain the DNA clearance of the remaining 3 family members in '08 by the new DA at the time.
And also explains the strange behaviour (and in my opinion, cover up) by the parents- protecting their son.

I think the son is not the biological child of John Ramsey. I think (all you science people-yes?no?) this would explain the DNA clearance of the remaining 3 family members in '08 by the new DA at the time.
And also explains the strange behaviour (and in my opinion, cover up) by the parents- protecting their son.

Sorry, not following the logic here... LE would have taken DNA samples from P, J, and B in order to determine if there was a match - which there wasn't - so why exactly would BR not being P & JR's biological child have been cause for anyone's clearance? TIA ~

ETA: Additionally, I'm pretty sure that when the DNA testing were done, if BR wasn't a biological child, it would have been discovered

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back