Explosion at the Boston Marathon #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pointing out a new potential suspect/person of interest, whatever... <modsnip> I'm pointing him out because when combined with his position in this particular photograph, which contains all the most severe victims (Jeff, Krystle, <modsnip>), this person's presence cannot be overlooked. He is wearing a black jacket. He has a white shirt under it (can't tell if there's a hood). He has no hat on here, but we know how easy the are to remove. (This is at the first bomb site anyways). And yes, he has a long beard that is very characteristic of those worn by certain religious groups. But most importantly, he is standing right next to Jeff Bauman, while all the other victims are there, VERY close to the time of explosion, and he appears to be moving away from the area. I'm not saying he did it. I'm not saying he's guilty. I'm saying he can't be ignored as a suspect. <modsnip>

See inside the same circle as Jeff:
http://i.imgur.com/7xDEChx.jpg?1

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2327935/Photo Apr 15, 2 41 04 PM.jpg

This photo is new to me. It was taken 8 minutes before the first blast. You can clearly see Jeff, and I think I can see the 2 deceased victims near him too.

All other pictures from this angle were 35 minutes before the blast and soon after the blast. I thought they were part of the hahatango set here but I can't see that picture on it http://www.flickr.com/photos/hahatango/sets/72157633252445135/with/8652825435.

So does anyone have more pictures from this set? This is definitely the closest time i've seen before the bomb exploded, from this angle anyway

There is a man upper left (by person in wide striped shirt) that has a white BB cap on, black jacket...not sure if he has a gray hoodie underneath....but his BB cap is NOT ON backwards.

Not saying he is alleged suspect...just pointing out some similiarities....

But some have a name and a reputation synonymous with sensationalism and bias.

Exactly. Then if we know the name...or OUR perceived "reputation" of the source, we can each decide whether to call that source credible...or believe him/ her.

When it is an "unnamed" source...we do not have a clue. It could be someone whoovrheard something in an office, or a known political operative, or a member of a organization funded by left wing money...or right wing money.

We can each make our own decisons...butthe more info...the better.

Been following the explosion in TX and missed a lot apparently.

So the suspect that was said to have been "arrested" yesterday turned into two young guys that have since been cleared? Is that right?

Wow...if so I guess it is back to square one. I would say it appears they have no clue who did this but pointing out the obvious might be considered "irresponsible".

I did think the guy in black with the white had seemed odd, if he had been the bomber why in the heck wouldn't he have changed his clothing after placing the bomb (i.e. taken his black jacket off with another color shirt underneath, worn a reversable baseball cap). His attire was too easy to recognize.

Maybe this has been covered,but who was the original source for the white baseball cap,gray hoodie,black coat,black backpack? Was that just another made up description?

The first I place I heard that description was a CBS news break between 1:30 and 2:00 PM yesterday. Pretty soon afterwards on CNN. Could be something earlier, but that's what I heard.

I'm pointing out a new potential suspect/person of interest, whatever... <modsnip> I'm pointing him out because when combined with his position in this particular photograph, which contains all the most severe victims (Jeff, Krystle, <modsnip>), this person's presence cannot be overlooked. He is wearing a black jacket. He has a white shirt under it (can't tell if there's a hood). He has no hat on here, but we know how easy the are to remove. (This is at the first bomb site anyways). And yes, he has a long beard that is very characteristic of those worn by certain religious groups. But most importantly, he is standing right next to Jeff Bauman, while all the other victims are there, VERY close to the time of explosion, and he appears to be moving away from the area. I'm not saying he did it. I'm not saying he's guilty. I'm saying he can't be ignored as a suspect. <modsnip>

That person can clearly be seen in the after shots helping people, with his pants all torn apart. I don't want to link to the picture here, but he's clearly seen in the aftermath.

That person can clearly be seen in the after shots helping people, with his pants all torn apart. I don't want to link to the picture here, but he's clearly seen in the aftermath.

Thank you. I have not seen him in the aftermath and will look for it.

I've told this story before, but it may be appropriate here.

A few years back, we had a serial killer who left several bodies in rural sections of our small suburban town. LE blocked off both ends of the road that went past the farm where the first two bodies were found. For a few hours, even people who lived there couldn't get in and out. LE was pretty tight-lipped but one TV station (and it would be one that has been discussed in a negative light here) had a couple of "breaking news" items attributed to LE that included information the reporter couldn't possibly have. But he cited an LE source.

Most everything turned out to be wrong. The "LE source" was revealed as the semi-retired cop who was directing traffic at the end of the road, who had maybe overheard a little gossip but otherwise had no more clue than anybody else what was going on :p

But he was an LE source, for a few hours.

Yeah, there's a very graphic gif showing him (and all the other more discussed victims like Krystle and Jeff) after the bombing on reddit. He looks just as shocked as the others.

ETA: WARNING VERY GRAPHIC!!! http://i.imgur.com/ub9m4RL.gif This is the gif from Reddit. The bearded man is on the right now.

So is the person above Jeff (dressed in black with backpack) the "running" person in the after-blast photo? If so, the blast also shredded his backpack. He is one lucky person.

I am not going to comment on your post at this time.

I can't find the other photo but looking at the one at Salos the guy with the backwards hat has someone next to him with pink and green on their hat/head, I could swear I saw that same pink/green head gear in the photo of the guy in the white hat behind the victims before the bomb went off.

So is the person above Jeff (dressed in black with backpack) the "running" person in the after-blast photo? If so, the blast also shredded his backpack. He is one lucky person.

I am not going to comment on your post at this time.

I believe the "running guy" is the person behind the person in a purple jacket and blonde lady in pink jacket, closer to the "front". His hair is partially covered by the caption.

Been following the explosion in TX and missed a lot apparently.

So the suspect that was said to have been "arrested" yesterday turned into two young guys that have since been cleared? Is that right?

Pretty much. For anyone who missed the followup to yesterdays 'breaking news' on CNN, here's a handy 40 second recap:

[video=youtube;FQa9zWK5XJA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQa9zWK5XJA[/video]

:innocent:

From that link:

UPDATE: Authorities have cleared the two men shown on the front page of the New York Post of any connection to the Boston Marathon explosions.

"Authorities determined neither had any information or role in Monday’s attacks at the Boston Marathon," the Post reported on Thursday. The article did not contain additional commentary about the newspaper's decision to highlight the two men on the cover.

Personally, I don't find it even marginally beneficial to scrutinize photos of random spectators. Furthermore, I find it reckless to point out random bystanders (regardless of their attire) & to speculate as to their possible involvement regarding such a serious matter.

IMO, unless & until photos/footage of an official POI/suspect have been released by investigators, it's a crap shoot.

Whomever released their so-called "inside info" yesterday that sent all the media outlets into a tizzy should be fired. As far as I'm concerned, it was reckless and may have harmed the investigation, especially since the FBI has not yet officially released the footage of interest.

If this so-called insider "source" possessed legitimate info, it could be this person has their own agenda & may have been trying to force the investigation's hand by leaking unauthorized information. In other words: whomever leaked this info may have already made up their own mind(s) that the person(s) in the video footage is/are guilty & may have tried to "out" the potential POI(s) because they believed the investigation was moving too slowly for their own taste.

If so, it's utterly despicable.

ETA: I just read Cityslick's post above. There you have it. These two innocent men had no involvement. I find it reprehensible that their images have been posted on numerous sites (including here last night) and that they have been all but stoned in the public square, without a single shred of evidence that they were involved in the heinous attack. I'm disgusted, to say the least.

IMO, if LE/FBI or other do not want to hold a press conference or release information, pics, etc, then we should see that they are protecting the investigation. It would be very very wrong to hinder the investigation out of respect for those who lost their lives, limbs and minds because of this heinous act! Thanks

To me it's either one of two things. Either someone on the inside (these highly verifiable sources) is trolling the media or the media is trolling the general public. I will say that I thought the initial images of the two men from last night came from Reddit. If that's true, somehow the news media got it from there and spun it around that it came from a 'LE source'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme