Explosion Boston Marathon #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be, my eyes are bad lol. But again, the LE in that pic are just sort of casually walking around. If this were the actual suspect, I'd expect him to be heavily and closely guarded, if not being hauled off to a waiting cruiser.

I'll just say again tho, it did look to me like a head covering, and with all the rumors of a Saudi national (which are rumor only, and NOT from local news), I hope people will NOT get carried away with assumptions, or profiling based on race/ethnicity/religion. :(

Me too. Especially given the evidence and profile I have put together, this is a homegrown terrorist. I believe it is a small cell homegrown terrorist group given the multiple placement of explosives and given the group think behavior that goes on with domestic terroristic political statements.

disappeared. I was very interested in that aspect as the last mile was dedicated to Newtown and families were seated at the finish line.

Reports indicate bomb was not a sophisticated device, had no C4? or other high intensity explosive.

The JFK library fire was NOT part of this-seems to be confirmed.

And, there is no suspect in custody. There is large LE presence at hospitals because of victims and security.

No matter who is responsible, no matter what the motive this is sickening, but I really can't wrap my mind around a scenario where those amazing families were even considered as potential targets.

Either way, this is always a day to anticipate all year long... so much pride, joy, such a sense of community and overall unity... the perpetrators are evil and subhuman.

Scrolling on CNN: a runner said he saw a trash can explode.

I am sure is fine, but very busy. :hug:

We are so lucky to have an abundance of wonderful medical centers in Boston!

Hugs back atcha...thanks for that; I needed it. I know he's probably OK but I'll feel better when he can finally check in with us. He's my buddy!

And, yes, Boston has fantastic hospitals, I agree. :)

This is a very tragic day for Boston and America. :( :(

Hugs back atcha...thanks for that; I needed it. I know he's probably OK but I'll feel better when he can finally check in with us. He's my buddy!

And, yes, Boston has fantastic hospitals, I agree. :)

Hospital is probably the safest place to be right now, with all the LE there. Let us know when you hear from him!

the hospitals will have scads of LE there, both as a protective measure as well as a questioning thing. Up to 100 people (and likely more) have been taken to hospitals, and officers will be trying to get statements and possible witness testimony from these folks....so it makes complete sense that there are a lot of officers (local as well as state and federal) there to interview folks. And I hate to say it, but if critically injured folks die, this is the ONLY time that LE will be able to get their statements.

Thus, imho, you cannot draw a correlation between LE presence at a hospital and the presence of a suspect or POI.

And I'm now going to say a Divine Mercy chaplet on behalf of each and every one who was injured, either physically or emotionally. Please take just a minute to ask God's love to surround everyone when you read this post. Prayers are answered all the time...but we have to say one for it to be answered, you know?

And big hugs to all who need them...

Best-
Herding Cats

Great points all around. Such a sad but necessary point about LE needing to speak with critically injured now...

Boston is one hell of a city when it comes to having the best medical care and top law enforcement.

Dave Zirin, writing in The Nation:
---
The Boston Marathon matters in a way other sporting events simply do not. It started in 1897, inspired by the first modern marathon, which took place at the inaugural 1896 Olympics. It attracts 500,000 spectators and over 20,000 participants from ninety-six countries. Every year, on the big day, the Red Sox play a game that starts at the wacky hour of 11:05am so people leaving the game can empty onto Kenmore Square and cheer on the finishers. It’s not about celebrating stars but the ability to test your body against the 26.2 mile course, which covers eight separate Massachusetts towns and the infamous “Heartbreak Hill” in Newton. It’s as much New England in spring as the changing of the leaves in fall. It’s open and communitarian and utterly unique. And today it was altered forever.
---
The rest - Kathrine Switzer in 1967 and all - here: The Boston Marathon: All My Tears, All My Love

Me too. Especially given the evidence and profile I have put together, this is a homegrown terrorist. I believe it is a small cell homegrown terrorist group given the multiple placement of explosives and given the group think behavior that goes on with domestic terroristic political statements.

What evidence?

One of the two people killed was an 8 year old child. OMG. CNN

This hurts my heart so much but I can't stop watching the news.

Due to the generosity of our donors we don't need blood at this time. Please schedule for a future donation redcrossblood.org #marathon
— RedCrossEasternMA (@RedCrossEastMA)

The city has stepped up, no surprise there. I'm concerned though, with so many injured I would think the need for blood donors would go on for more than a few hours... I hope that's not indicitive of an increasing number in fatalities.

Take my ruthless, take no prisoners attitude as an example of my friends back in Boston. We are passionate people! We love deep. So make no mistakes, whoever did this, we Bostonian's will have our revenge and not feel bad about it one bit. Ya don't mess with Boston!

We are not weak. We will get you, terrorist !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme