Explosion Boston Marathon #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloomberg News ‏@BloombergNews 3m
ABC News reporting that twin explosions at Boston Marathon triggered by remote detonation

Ed Henry on fox is saying White house is saying this is a act of terrorism. Not say weather it is foreign or "home grown".

Definition of TERRORISM
: the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/terrorism

Pretty much the President and White House is saying its an large act of violence.. Pretty much sums it up. Some can call the Newton an act of terrorism..

Due to the generosity of our donors we don't need blood at this time. Please schedule for a future donation redcrossblood.org #marathon
— RedCrossEasternMA (@RedCrossEastMA)

The city has stepped up, no surprise there. I'm concerned though, with so many injured I would think the need for blood donors would go on for more than a few hours... I hope that's not indicitive of an increasing number in fatalities.

I hope its more that they are getting enough in from elsewhere (RI were sending supplies) so what they are thinking about is how to restore stocks after this.

The reports are just heartbreaking.

AMMAN, Jordan (AP) — The head of an extremist Jordanian Muslim Salafi group said early Tuesday that he was "happy to see the horror in America" after the explosions in Boston.

"American blood isn't more precious than Muslim blood," said Mohammad al-Chalabi, who was convicted in an al-Qaida-linked plot to attack U.S. and other Western diplomatic missions in Jordan in 2003.

"Let the Americans feel the pain we endured by their armies occupying Iraq and Afghanistan and killing our people there," he said early Tuesday

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/jordan-extremist-praises-boston-bombing

As a investigative forensic and intelligence major who has been sitting here listening to the scanner - not watching the media reports (which are all contradicting each other), I see no evidence pointing to ANYONE specific except maybe a black male because that is what dispatchers said to look for.

Did the police scanner mention the Saudi National they now have in custody?

You'd be surprised at how quick NSA and Feds can find threats/leads from terrorists. In the OK city bombing it was the one terrorist act I can remember where no one took immediate responsibility or as they'd think "credit". That was a homegrown terrorist and they caught him within 24 hours.

I doubt I would be surprised. I follow many cases and stay pretty up to date on current events.

I guess I would just rather wait for facts instead of guessing and finger pointing.

I'm a stickler for facts.

JMO

But they refuse to acknowledge Ft. Hood massacre as terrorism. Shame.

Days after the shooting, reports in the media revealed that a Joint Terrorism Task Force had been aware of e-mail communications between Hasan and the Yemen-based cleric Anwar al-Awlaki who had been monitored by the NSA as a security threat and that for several years, Hasan's colleagues were aware of Hasan's increasing radicalization. The failure to prevent the shootings led the Defense Department and the FBI to commission investigations, and Congress also held hearings.

Reaction

Many have characterized the attack as terrorism.[128] Two weeks after recommending no conclusions be drawn until after the investigation was completed, Senator Joe Lieberman called the shooting "the most destructive terrorist attack on America since September 11, 2001." Michael Scheuer, the retired former head of the Bin Laden Issue Station, and former U.S. Attorney General Michael Mukasey also described it as a terrorist attack. A group of soldiers and families have sought to have the defense secretary designate the shooting a "terrorist attack;" this would provide them with benefits equal to injuries in combat.[128]

The FBI has found no evidence to indicate Hasan had any co-conspirators or was part of a broader terrorist plot, and has not established his motives.[129] The Defense Department currently classifies Hasan's attack as an act of workplace violence and will not make further statements until the court martial.[11][130]

Fort Hood shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To me this says that they did consider it terrorism. Everything is open to interpretation. At the time this occured it was likely they where trying to thwart the terrorism-war-bush era..

ANyways back on topic

I hope its more that they are getting enough in from elsewhere (RI were sending supplies) so what they are thinking about is how to restore stocks after this.

The reports are just heartbreaking.

Yes, I saw another subsequent tweet addressing this, asking people to please donate in the weeks ahead as there will be an ongoing need.
Terrible.

There is a mastermind in my theorized small terrorist cell. They are all mid 20's to mid 30's. More likely to be all male cell. May have been at NRA/ Gun rally this week in Boston.

Yeah my gut says small fringe movement too. CNN says they have a "Saudi National" in custody and under questioning but seriously this is not a major organization, this is fringe and small without a great deal of knowledge or experience (i.e. not raised/trained by Al Qaeda or any other significant group).

Did the police scanner mention the Saudi National they now have in custody?

I did not hear that ever. And I do not believe that has been posted on the scanner thread. You can review the thread if you want, but the NY Post is reporting it and Id take ANYTHING they say with a grain of salt.

There are NO facts as to who did this.....as of right now. Maybe I missed it on it on the scanner feed.

ETA.....there is nothing on the scanner thread mentioning "Saudi".

When one targets a group due to their political leanings, they are being offensive.

The ability to resist an inclination for political rhetoric in times of tragedy is a fair measure of intelligence. Greg Gutfeld

truth in that statement....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member