Explosion Boston Marathon #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The timing of the bombs, about two hours after the first runners crossed the finished line, is a little suspicious. A lot of people had left the finish line area by this time. There's something odd about all this and hopefully they already have their finger on the coward that did this. The drs that spoke didn't mention burns to their patients. You would have had to be pretty close to the bomb to get burned. I think they have their guy. IMO

I am beyond sad for everyone involved in this they all have my love and prayers. A fun happy day turned to such hatred and sadness.
I am also disgusted with the graphic pictures, I came across a few and it warned they were graphic I clicked the link anyway not expecting the pictures to be that graphic I was wrong.
I really couldn't believe someone would stand there and photograph what I just seen wheres the compassion instead of taking photos why not try talking to them praying with them, I understand not everyone is religious. But these people needed love and care instead of a camera taking photos of them in that state. Bless them all. It disgusted me. I seen a couple or a few, I didn't look long that had lost both legs.

Totally agree with you if I witnessed a horrific tragedy in front of me the last thing on my mind would be to take photos or video. I only hope the videos of the blasts help the authorities find out about the explosive devices used and how the detonated.

This is probably too early to suggest on this thread but I'm going to bring it up anyway.

When I share this it in no way places responsibility on the victims.

But, I think that we need to ask that we have public education (public messages like on TV similar to what we see about drugs and etc) about situation awareness. The reason I say this is because as a military family member I've had to have training and have found it very beneficial.

It will not prevent a terrorist attack but having the knowledge empowers people and also informs them on how to recognize potentially dangerous situations.

Just some thoughts to empower the general public instead of letting them live in terror. I looked but I didn't see anything available for the general public, I only see stuff for military members and their families.

exactly. it is ingrained into military and their families ;)

also, it was an alert street vendor that stopped the times square bomber....

always be aware of your surroundings and the way people behave and how they are dressed - is it hot out, yet they are wearing a coat? many people are afraid to judge people and their behaviors....but it can be a lifesaver, literally.

with that said....as much as I embrace situational awareness....crowds really cause anxiety in me...and today doesn't help...

I heard it was cell phone detonation. It seemed to be the reason they took out the cell towers for a while in the city. I will get you a link

It would be a sensible precaution even if they weren't sure.

Thank you so much godot! I was so worried about him when I saw him go down in the video posted elsewhere on the internet (I think it might be here backthread as well).

The local CBS station played a longer video that showed him getting up and being helped away, so I had hope he was okay. Glad to hear he's pulling through.

Especially since the news is now reporting an evacuation because of a suspicious package in Melbourne. I'm sure it's not related and that everyone is jittery, but what a horrible coincidence.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ournes-docklands/story-e6freuy9-1226621423441

There are reports of this all over twitter. If you work for a large company in Australia it is part of work place heath and safety taining to be taught to identify suspiscious items. My husband had this training at work and has passed on to me.

When things like this happen, it puts people on alert.
Moo

To me it looks like the person is walking with their head down while texting.

yes it does...and some were saying that they thought the explosives were set off via cellphones, thus the reason cell service was shut off.

the things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.

The timing of the bombs, about two hours after the first runners crossed the finished line, is a little suspicious. A lot of people had left the finish line area by this time. There's something odd about all this and hopefully they already have their finger on the coward that did this. The drs that spoke didn't mention burns to their patients. You would have had to be pretty close to the bomb to get burned. I think they have their guy. IMO
ITA about the "burns" we've heard BUT that would refute the remote dentenation we've talked about - unless (and here's a thought) he got the first one off (and that's the one that did all the real human damage) and he was walking and was close to the second one and it went prematurely (due to jammed circuits) - that would then cause him to be burned if he was that close. Just thinkin' out loud a weedle bit here......

JMHO

I'm used to gore, so that's not what upsets me.

Yeah, same here. Does it seem to you the blood is VERY bright red. Unusually red?

Is it my monitor or are the photos being retouched? Or maybe the photos are extremely fresh?

What was the time lapse between the bomb detonations?

What was the time lapse between the bomb detonations?

About 15-20 seconds, I think.

Clearly the first blast has already gone off in the photo, but it's hard to tell about the second blast.

Yeah, same here. Does it seem to you the blood is VERY bright red. Unusually red?

Is it my monitor or are the photos being retouched?

Probably because it is so very fresh and a good deal of it may well be arterial blood.

I do not want them white washed. I want to see what really happened, not a sanatized version.
Granted, I definitely do not want the victims traumas put out there. Press should black out their faces-or protect their identity in some way.
But, yes. I do not want a sanatized visual of what happened on this day.
It's too easy to forget when you don't view what really happened. Imo

I agree that they shouldn't be "white-washed" but they should be done in a link so people have a CHOICE whether to see them or not.
I agree others have a right to see whatever is out there, but I also think it should be a choice.
So I am grateful the newer posts have links and not just the pics.

The distance between the two bombs was said to be 50=100 yards, you could run that in under 10 seconds. Maybe he was setting them off by hand somehow. Imo

I've gotta go now. Can't take any more. Going to go upstairs to bed and if I can't sleep, at least I'll have the hubby and the cat to snuggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GemGemma01