Explosion Boston Marathon #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

This is one of the positive things you can see from the photos of the bombing--that this family could see their daughter being taken care of by these strangers, and hopefully reconnect with them in the future. She may not be able to remember any of it in detail, but it may be encouraging to her in the future to know how she was helped.

Good question. I think it was an assumption maybe bc the Feds issued a shut down of cell towers as a precautionary measure. They did say they thought the bombs were remote detonated.

Authorities didn't shut down cell towers. Cell phone service went out simply because the system got overloaded. CNN has a story on some of the inaccurate things that went viral and that's one of them.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/16/tech/social-media/social-media-boston-fakes/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Yes, I'm very curious about this, so I'll be interested to hear what you find. I guess it makes sense that there were more photographers and press at the finish line, so people were already filming and just continued after the bombing, but there had to be plenty of cameras around the second bombing as well. Maybe people were more reluctant to hang around in case there were more bombs that were going to go off? I wondered about medical personnel getting to that second site too--as most of the medical people were probably grouped near the finish line, I would assume. There are a number of reports from experienced medical people talking about how many lives were saved by the quick action of so many to stop people from bleeding out and to be able to give IVs so quickly to keep fluid levels up, etc. It probably kept some of those people from going into shock and saved their lives.

I just have had the impression that there were more serious injuries at the first site, but that may not be a correct impression. I wondered if there was something different about the placement or effect of the second bomb, or possibly the people weren't grouped as closely there?

bumping in case you missed. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366142080.883461.jpg

2nd site. boylston and ring road.

By the time the second bomb went off, everybody who wasn't helping victims was getting out of the area as fast as they could.

I think also that a lot of people have had the same confusion I had, crossing up the two sites, and some photos are mislabeled. But even though there are reports the second blast was bigger, it does seem like there was less injury at the second site. I mean, there's a lot of chaos in the two pictures that have been posted, but there doesn't seem to be much blood on the sidewalk.

By the time the second bomb went off, everybody who wasn't helping victims was getting out of the area as fast as they could.

I think also that a lot of people have had the same confusion I had, crossing up the two sites, and some photos are mislabeled. But even though there are reports the second blast was bigger, it does seem like there was less injury at the second site. I mean, there's a lot of chaos in the two pictures that have been posted, but there doesn't seem to be much blood on the sidewalk.

Yes, I'm sure that's true--both that people were getting out of the area, and also that we have seen some of the second site that were confused with the first. I'm just wondering if there was a difference between the bombs that could be helpful to understanding how they were placed, etc.

Yes, I'm sure that's true--both that people were getting out of the area, and also that we have seen some of the second site that were confused with the first. I'm just wondering if there was a difference between the bombs that could be helpful to understanding how they were placed, etc.

Yeah, I'm sure the bomb experts are going to be able to get a lot of information.

Authorities didn't shut down cell towers. Cell phone service went out simply because the system got overloaded. CNN has a story on some of the inaccurate things that went viral and that's one of them.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/16/tech/social-media/social-media-boston-fakes/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Gotta love this guy who bought the conspiracy website domain name:

At least one Web user was ready for this. He registered a website -- bostonmarathonconspiracy.com -- on Monday. Clicking the link reveals a white page with black text reading:

"I bought this domain to keep some conspiracy theory kook from owning it. Please keep the victims of this event and their families in your thoughts. Thank you."

No, Thank You brother :hug:

Thanks, but what about pictures/video of right after it happened? There are so many of the first site, it seems odd that there aren't any of the second.

my guess....less carnage.

In the image I saw, it appeared that she had some injuries to her leg(s), but the visible injuries didn't appear to be severe compared to some of the other victims who suffered traumatic amputations. I think she might be the victim that doctor referred to - he said he didn't see any injuries to her thorax, IIRC.

When I saw the image, my first thought was "OMG - she's deceased." There was just something about the lack of expression on her face.

There was another woman lying next to her on the sidewalk who appeared to be seriously injured. I wonder if that's the friend mentioned in the media reports.

You are referring to the woman with the short sleeved bright blue shirt on? Yeah she sure does look like the woman that was mis-identified. There are a few photos of that woman and in one it is obvious that her left leg was badly injured and laying underneath her at an impossible angle.

There aren't as many pictures of the second site because after the first and certainly immediately after the second blast, the cops wisely cleared the streets.

I saw the photo of Krystle in the series of bombing photos on Slate. It was the last photo in the series, but I just looked again and it has been removed (even though many of the other photos are still there in the same series. I did not save the article/photo when I saw it last night.

Krystle was the young woman in the blue t-shirt. I did see the Slate photo of her with the first responder leaning over her. From that angle, her injuries weren't obvious.

Unfortunately, I also saw the pictures posted here last evening, and there was one of her from a different angle. I could see she lost her left leg near her hip and it was clear she had already passed.

(The pictures that were posted here have long since been removed, so there is no link, nor will I look for them online. They were beyond horrifying.)

I am seeing a tweet of massive explosion reported on Memorial Drive In Georgia, not sure if this is a reliable source. Going to look elsewhere.

Anyone else getting this?

ajc.com has an article on the exploding packaging at a thrift store .

Perhaps not as many photos of 2nd site since people were running from the 1st site, don't think taking photos would be on my mind. LE was shutting things down quickly (per scanner thread downstairs) and getting everyone out. That would include news/media.

Don't know how long it will take forensics to go through all of that. The photos show so, so much "stuff" everywhere.

You are correct with the tiny/smaller circuit boards. I don't know why I was thinking of a "big" circuit board (showing my age.....)

I thought the same thing you may have when I read "circuit board". I had to remind myself that they are small and come in all kinds of things such as my key remote for my vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444