Family, friends mourn Tigard boy (This is MY son)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ethan's garden at the end of summer....

sept2008EthanPlayground031.jpg

sept2008EthanPlayground032.jpg

This picture AMAZES me... that little photo of Ethan in the frame has been out there for 15 MONTHS and still is in great shape! I am not sure who put it there but with all the rain, cold, heat, sun, etc... it still is like new!

Di, I am so glad you shared. What a wonderful tribute to your boy.

Di:

Thank you so much for sharing the pictures of Ethan's garden and also that special moment when you and your family first reached your intended spot.

What a special place. Ethan would be so proud and is so at peace, I'm sure.

You are all in my thoughts always,
fran

:blowkiss:

Such a delightful garden to remember Ethan. And the pictures on the playground actually brought tears to my eyes, seeing you guys with your other children. This must continue to be so extremely difficult for all of you. I sincerely hope that you, your husband, and your children are all finding ways to cope with this awful, awful tragedy.

Thank you so much for posting these photos. Please continue to share whenever it's good for you. :blowkiss:

What a beautiful garden and what a beautiful tribute to your little angel. Thank you so much for sharing. :blowkiss:

I'm sure you've been overwhelmed, but I'd like to repeat the offer - let me know how you could best use a printout of the posts on this thread and I will make it so.

Thank you for sharing the pictures.

I am always the last person to ask for help.... I know I should more often but I guess it is just me trying to "fix it all".... ugh!

I would LOVE for you to print out this thread and mail to me if that is what I am hearing you say.... that would be so very helpful! I don't have alot but can send you some money for mailing it to me....

I guess there is a button at the top of the page that says forum tools or something.... you can click that to make a "printable version" of the thread.... someone pm'd me the info.....

Again, Thank you so much for your offer! :blowkiss:

ALSO....... THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT! You have no idea how much it really means to me!

Thank you!!

God Bless you, your family, and Ethan's beautiful spirit. Thank you so much for these pictures. :blowkiss:

What a lovely tribute. I know that Ethan looks down on everyone playing on his play ground with great joy.

I've always found that "projects" dedicated to ones I've lost make me feel closer to them when I'm working on them or enjoying them. Bless you all.

I am very sorry for the loss of your little boy, I have one the same age. He was a beautiful little boy, and he will always be your beautiful little angel. You did an amazing thing in donating his organs, I would do the same, knowing he was living on in another would be the only way I would be able to go on.

His garden and playground are fabulous.

Bless you and your family, and Ethan, who is safely in the arm's of the angels.
:blowkiss:

It's so wonderful to see the pictures, and get an update from you! Thank you for sharing with all of us! Continued prayers to you and your family. What wonderful things your local community has done to honor your son, too. That playground is great! Just think of the fun it has provided for some.

Oh my I just came across your post seahorseladydi. I am relatively new to WS and was just looking around. I too have a 6 year old little boy and cannot fathom losing him. I am so sorry for your tremendous loss. I will pray for you and your family to keep gathering strength to go on in this big world. Ethan I will think of you everytime I see my little one. I am so sorry.

(((Di))) what a beautiful way to remember your sweet Ethan. The playground is awesome and will be appreciated by so many families for years and years. I love the garden, too.

It must feel good to have such a visible and tangible reminder of the joy Ethan brough to the world. Hugs to you.

What a lovely tribute to your beautiful boy. How wonderful your community is helping you
celebrate the life of your angel.

Many Blessings to you and your family.
MMB

The garden is just beautiful. You and your beautiful family remain in my thoughts

(((Seahorseladydi)))

Seahorseladydi, I wasn't around when you lost your son so let me express my condolences now. Time helps, but I know it doesn't make things better.

You talked early on about wanting to start a group for grieving parents and I thought I would let you know about Compassionate Friends. They are a group of parents who have lost children, children of any age. They come to get help and stay to help others get through it. If there isn't a group in your area, they will help you to start a group.

When we lost my brother at the age of 20 years in a car accident, our whole family was devastated. The group helped my parents, by discussions, by information, and by understanding of what they were going through. So if you are still interested in a group for grieving parents, you might want to check it out.

The Compassionate Friends is about transforming the pain of grief into the elixir of hope. It takes people out of the isolation society imposes on the bereaved and lets them express their grief naturally. With the shedding of tears, healing comes. And the newly bereaved get to see people who have survived and are learning to live and love again.”

—Simon Stephens, founder of The Compassionate Friends
http://www.compassionatefriends.org/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C-Kane