Family, friends mourn Tigard boy (This is MY son)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just read about your son.... I don't know what to say. I have a 6-yr-old son and we've camped many times. My heart goes out to you and your family...

ETA: Just went through the whole thread. I can't stop crying after seeing the picture of you holding his hand. God bless you... I don't think I'll ever camp again without thinking of Ethan and your family...

Dear Di,
I remember when this happened and followed the story, my heart goes out to you and your family. Thank you for sharing his photos and his life with us. It is totally obvious he was a very very special little boy, and is now a special angel as well. -Rhythmic

Here is a Rose for a beautiful boy, :rose: , a boy of five like my own little guy, he is sooo adorable and you can see it in his eyes how happy he is! He is not gone, he just moved, and he is with you at all times. I truly believe God must have a reason and a purpose for him up there and just know that there is a reason for everything although it may not feel that way at times. God bless you and your family and always remember how much people here care about you, this is truly a special family to be a part of here at WS. Im sure you know :)

A Rose for beautiful Ethan! :rose:

I just read about your son. I am so sorry! What a wonderful boy! God bless you and your family.

Thank you all!

You have no idea how much joy it brings me to be able to share Ethan with everyone!

I have tears coming down my face as I write this..... but not sad tears.... they are just emotional tears.... after reading what you all have to say.... I am no angel or hero.... My husband and I just knew Ethan had to live on.... he had to! I think back at times and wonder if we did the "right" thing .... then I think about him laying in that hospital bed... to never ride a bike, go swimming or just give me a hug and say I love you momma again..... we wanted to remember Ethan for who he was...... and he was so amazing, so full of life and joy..... there is always a part of me missing now.... that will never never go away..... it is a deep dark lonely hole...... but I try to remind myself that Ethan is still there in that spot.... filling it with sunshine, warmth and love......

I hope to someday get up enough strength to write to the recipient's of Ethan's organs... we did get a short letter from the husband of one of the women that received a kidney about a month after the accident.... I wrote back but never sent it..... maybe someday.... maybe....

anyhow.... my long windiness has hit again... lol....

Hugs and Thank yous to you all! (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

I'm sending hugs and prayers to you. I just read about your precious little boy and it is so sad.

Bless your heart and prayers for you and your family. Yes, your son LIVES on in many, many ways.

Seahorseladydi, I just felt an overwhelming need to pray for you and your family right now.

I have posted a prayer on the Prayer Thread in the Jury Room.

Catherine

Diana,

What a adorable little boy Ethan was. His bright eyes must have been looking for mischief around every corner. I'm sure that he brought a lot of joy into your life in his five little years on this earth.

There is nothing on this earth that is harder then losing a child. We manage to survive and later look back and ask ourselves how we did it. I always think of the poem "Footprints In The Sand" and conclude that that is how we did it. We weren't alone.

You and your family well be in my prayers. I know that lots of prayer and support is what helps get us through each day and night.

Take care

Thank you LoveJac... you must have known I was having an "off" day... I really was I had found a receipt from walgreens under my kitchen sink.... it was from June 12th, 2007 at 11:52 am..... it was the little tech deck skater dude that Ethan had bought with the money he earned....... I still have the techdeck/skater next to pictures by my puter....

Bobbiesangel.... I LOVE "footprints in the sand" and KNOW in my heart that is how I have gotten thru alot of days.....

We received a letter from one of the women that received a kidney.. I will try and post it when I get a chance... I have read it 7 times and still cry each time I read it.... this is the second letter we have received.... we got one about 3 weeks after the accident.... from the other woman's husband that got the other kidney....

Bless your heart. May you continue to gather strength from those around you and from those of us here who share in your grief.

Thank you LoveJac... you must have known I was having an "off" day... I really was I had found a receipt from walgreens under my kitchen sink.... it was from June 12th, 2007 at 11:52 am..... it was the little tech deck skater dude that Ethan had bought with the money he earned....... I still have the techdeck/skater next to pictures by my puter....

Bobbiesangel.... I LOVE "footprints in the sand" and KNOW in my heart that is how I have gotten thru alot of days.....

We received a letter from one of the women that received a kidney.. I will try and post it when I get a chance... I have read it 7 times and still cry each time I read it.... this is the second letter we have received.... we got one about 3 weeks after the accident.... from the other woman's husband that got the other kidney....

Wow, I cannot imagine how that must have felt to find that. :bighug:

And the letter from the women that received Ethan's kidney.........I bet that was a very emotional letter. My MIL received a donated kidney from a woman who died years ago. My MIL was literally at deaths door. It was hard for her to put into words how much she appreciated the gift of life. She was so happy but so saddened by the loss of that womans' life. I would not even know what to begin to say. God Bless you and your family, for all the good that you have done. You are always in my thoughts and I continue to pray for you.:blowkiss:

I am so very sorry for your loss. What a Beautiful, hansom little boy. I just seen a video and some pictures, I don't even know what to say, but did want to say how sorry I am. No one should have to know what it is like to lose a child, it really is the worst pain. I am glad you shared part of his life with us. Thank you

I'm a pretty new member, and just saw your link on the Cantu board. I remember reading the article when it happened, and my heart just broke. I know that time doesn't ease the pain (as my mom died 3 years ago), but I do pray that you can find some peace and joy in each new day.

As someone said earlier: May you continue to gather strength from those around you and from those of us here who share in your grief.

Bless you!

Melanie

Bless you Diane, your little boy probably knows my little boy, we will be with them again one day. Thinking of you:blowkiss:

Bless you Diane, your little boy probably knows my little boy, we will be with them again one day. Thinking of you:blowkiss:

we WILL see them again....... someday....

Thank you so very much!

I did forget to post the letter :crazy: from Nicole .... I will try to do that tomorrow.....

I found this thread from the link in your signature line while I was thread hopping.

I lost a child in a freak accident as well. It will be 11 years next week.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know you touched my heart tonight and I am thinking of you and your family.

Heather

when I was 12, many decades ago, I lost my best friend, in a ghastly accident, and I also lost part of myself that day; it was only very recently that I could bring mrself to talk about it without choking up emotionally. I think I still need therapy around that.

and it doesn't compare to your loss; my greatest sympathy.

I'm glad this thread has been moved up. Thank you SeniorBuzz!

Ladydi, you and your family continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. We look forward to hearing from you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeofLife
Back