Family Needs our Help

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:tyou::lookingitup::cup:

Could whomever is also spending part of their day TAGGING grids on this site searching..
please contact me maybe we can organize a sort of search party...
searching from left to right top bottom etc. and compare notes on what may be a spotting of something?
I am specifically searching for letters in snow, colors which are out of place which would indicate someone trying to signal help?

I was thinking maybe the plane did a [ nose dive?]
If it did the tail would be the only visible part of the plane right ?
If you know a scale of the plane and what the people would look like[ as in height on scale to this grid]

http://www.beechcraft.com/beechcraft/bonanza_g36/specifications.aspx

if you can see this the specs help in getting a rough idea of the plane size in regard to the area.
It is white and since it crashed into the snowy mountains it will[ dah] be hard to spot.

I was hoping maybe a passenger put a mirror to reflect light on something near the crash site?
Good luck everyone....
let's find this crash site..
:please:

I am looking on the far right of the grids today from bottom to top...then I plan to do the outline edges around the whole search area.

Thanks for the spec link! it is great. The plane is only 33 feet long and it's wing span 26. So tiny .

It would be great to search the grid in that way but with the freezing snd resetting I think it would be very hard to stay on course. I have looked at 2,200+ tiles in the days since Trica posted this thread ,I am hoping and praying this family has a way to start a fire and the blankets in the first aide kit. It throws alot of reflection.

I hope they are okay.

I once helped in a search for a boy lost in the woods and the whole time they searched for him the were dropping food and waters for him . Everywhere. I hope something like that is happening here.

Could they be out of the search area?Maybe went off course, can you make the search area bigger?

Same thing happened to others, myself included. Just ignored and went back to tagging even if it means going over old terrain which is just as well in case something was missed. imo.
Hope someone else has a more informed response than mine!

My screen is frozen on blue screen at the moment...

Thanks for the response.. I decided to try Internet Explorer and it seems to be working fine for now but still doesn't work right on Firefox or Google Chrome for some reason....

This also from Janis Hansen Smith: "Dale's brother, Dellon Smith, is still directing a search in the Johnson Creek area. Both they, and the sheriff are looking at the satellite tags, Dellon and his group are following up on some of those today. We have a private helicopter coming in tomorrow, in addition to the 2 airplanes and 10 men on the ground searching." An hour ago...

If any of you can get on their FB page..they are adding people left and right to help...as of just now they are dividing up teams to go over certain tiles that have been narrowed down via really good sightings.

If you are a FBer there is a place to ask to be added to the group. All eyes are needed, welcome and VERY much appreciated!

I was so hoping to read that they'd been found when I checked in today. Has there been any feedback from searchers on whether the tagging has indicated anything related to the plane crashing?

They have a good plan to go over tiles and get all of them veiwed.

Even with the Drones images ,this is a difficult search. Without them I dare to think how helpless their family would feel.

The plane on the snow covered rocky ,log filled mountains ,ravines ,caves would look, about as big as one side on the arrow of your mouse cursor. Some rocks seems to be 75 feet.

Not to mention the plane is white and may be in pieces. This is day 9 of the search and I do believe if they made it out of the wreckage they do have a chance of being alive.
Tommorrow I will log into tomnod again and complete the area I started today. Tonight I will pray.

We need an engineer to do some predictive modeling. Wind factors, how the plane might desend and such. It would help predict radius of crash site based on ear witness.

Few searchers remain in quest for 5 missing in central Idaho plane crash

No ‘closure’ for now » Some family members turn to satellite imagery as ground search proves fruitless

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57245022-78/dayton-search-smith-idaho.html.csp

Thx for posting this. I didn't realize that Smith and Norton were to be married January 4th. I am so sorry this happened for all those affected by this tragedy. I really admire everyone on here for searching the sat photos. I looked for hours and found nothing :(

There have been people doing flight simulators and many pilots helping figure all of the technical issues. right now we are splitting up tiles and each person going over a few select...
A couple great finds, one really good possible plane wreckage sighting...i will try to post it. also anyone who wants to search it starts at 9am tomorrow morning...i will post directions.
Meet at the Johnson Airstrip at 9am. When you drive up, take the following roads: Cascade Hwy 55 to Warm Lake Rd.Cross Salmon River then turn left on South Fork Rd. Turn right at East Fork Rd. At Yellow Pine, turn right and drive 5 miles to Johnson Creek Airport. If you get there during the night, all the searchers are at Alpine Village and Lodge. Good luck!

I've been searching on and off over the passed few days, logging on when I have time to check tiles. And find it really hard to stick with it. As much as I want these people found, the hopelessness is setting in. I can't imagine what it is like for the friends and family. It's awesome that they've figured out a way to make sure all the tiles get looked over but, frankly, there are just too many tiles that you just can't make out. I'm not giving up just yet and I'll keep searching until my eyes cross but oh how I wish we could get clearer images on tomnod.

I've been searching on and off over the passed few days, logging on when I have time to check tiles. And find it really hard to stick with it. As much as I want these people found, the hopelessness is setting in. I can't imagine what it is like for the friends and family. It's awesome that they've figured out a way to make sure all the tiles get looked over but, frankly, there are just too many tiles that you just can't make out. I'm not giving up just yet and I'll keep searching until my eyes cross but oh how I wish we could get clearer images on tomnod.

The next tile you look at might be the one that brings them home ...

Hugs,
Roses :seeya:

I’m still looking at tiles (it’s a little addictive actually since I keep hoping the next one will have something in it!), haven’t given up hope and am praying they are found alive and soon! I’m so sorry for their family and friends… I’d definitely come help search the terrain by foot but I live in Virginia…

Im still going too...i stayed up longer than this for sick babies and work, so a couple days is nothing if it means finding them!

So glad you all are on FB page.

Been searching and praying for this family. I wish me and SwampDaddy lived closer. That man is a tireless hunter an has spent countless days and hours searching for people here when they are lost, drowned or missing.

Updated ..

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57245022-78/search-smith-family-idaho.html.csp
"The Smith family has not given up," she said, while acknowledging that the official search effort, and that by members of the Norton family, had ceased on the ground.

On behalf of the Smith family — which continued to be unreachable for direct comment — Bird and others friends have set up the Search for Dale’s Plane website as the search largely shifted to a review of satellite images of the wild region.

A private plane also has been hired by the family to fly over the area.

Meanwhile, the Valley County Sheriff’s Office said it would continue to offer what aid it can, albeit at a much scaled back level and depending on any developments.

Bird also told The Salt Lake Tribune that Cascade and Yellow Pine, Idaho, Mormon church members have been helping with meals and accommodations for searchers over the past week and a half."

I am praying with all my heart that they will be found and be it God's will it happens today . God be with you all in your search .I am continuing to keep my prayers going until you get results from your heart rendering search for you loved one's . Never give up hope it is what keep's us going .

I don't know if this will help anyone else, but I am searching tomnod on an ipad. When I lock the screen and rotate in clockwise I can understand the terrain 99% better. I think it has to do with the direction the satellite was moving as it was taking the images. Good luck everyone!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glitterbag
Back