Family Press Conferences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are pros and cons to silence. Anything she says is going to be picked apart by the media and everyone else. Heck, I read a whole analysis about how she wore her shirt and the missing buttons. I'm not sure if she should speak, but I do believe it's time for her attorney to speak.

I appreciate that he's probably working quietly behind the scenes, but he's been hired to defend her. She may not have been formally labeled or charged, but Kaine and Desiree are pointing the finger firmly her direction, LE is leaking information right and left.

It's time for him to make a statement, IMHO.

Yes. Even if it is just the attorney, with some of her answers. She will get picked apart anyway, whether she appears or not. If she appears, she will be criticized, yet if she doesn't, she will be labeled a coward or guilty. But if he is hired to defend her, he may well want to start now.

Do you guys recall the part in the presser where they were discussing the motions they were going thru, that LE has a plan, and that the detectives were doing "mechanical" things right now with cell phones, computers and stuff? Maybe they are working for, in fact, an arrest VERY soon, but need a lot of computer forensics...

I watched the KATU raw videoclip of the press conference (I didn't watch it live online). I'm glad that the parents are speaking out freely (even if they say they can't answer a question) rather than doing the media dance of prescreening questions ahead of time.

Did they bar any of the media from this press conference (Oregonian newspaper or the Willamette Week newspaper) or were both of those media outlets allowed to cover this?

I think both Desiree and Kaine did just fine at this press conference speaking from the heart, IMO. I do get the impression that Desiree knows a lot more about TH but chooses not to speak about it publicly for Kyron's sake but that she has told the police everything she knows about her. That was interesting that Desiree did comment about the 1st presser where TH hugged her -- so the public thinking about the body language between DY and TH was very spot on, IMO.

I wish someone had asked if there had been any strains or problems in the marriage leading up to this time.

I would like to see the list of what may not be asked.

I admire Desiree. If I had that many suspicions about Terri, someone would have to physically restrain me from putting a serious hurt on that woman.

Wouldn't you love to be inside Terri's head right now, for just maybe one hour? I would love to know what and how she is thinking.

I bet she is about ready to blow! Pure fury.

But really, it could be as simple as, something happened, Terri harmed/killed Kyron, and hid his body someplace where LE has not searched. That would not take an Einstein. She may, if guilty, be shocked that she has not been caught and charged as yet.

It does not have to be a complicated plot, just because everything in this case is so bizarre. Sadly, it could be fairly simple, with a suspect who can hold up to LE better than in other cases we've seen.

I think it would be far more complex and therefore more likely to have failed by now, if more than one person is involved. If it's just Terri...it may never be truly solved.

Kyrons parents both believe he is alive, and DY said that she allegedly "hired" someone to murder KH, therefore in her mind, TH didn't have the guts to actually do the deed herself.

Therefore, since she or they have come to that conclusion, they believe someone else must be involved.

Since she would hire someone to murder her husband, if true, than she may also have hired someone, or involved someone else in whisking Kyron away, for what reason, I cannot fathom. If she didn't want to care for him, couldn't she have convinced her husband to give custody to DY?

Plus he was leaving for the weekend, and summer break was near, so he would be gone for the summer.

However, imo, Kyron going missing at the time he did, speaks clearly to me that his being missing was not an impluse action, but rather a thoroughly thought out plan. That his backpack was still at school, if it was, sets the stage for him wandering off, and directing blame at the school district, the school, and even the teacher, to boot. Furthermore, he has yet to be found.

Since she is not a very good actress, nor is she a believable liar, imo, she could not have done this by herself. Whether she herself was bamboozled by a psychopathic, manipulative pedifile, is yet to be known.

If she was a bored housewife, and the weight gain may bring one to that conclusion, she could have met just about anyone, but that's jmo, for now anyway. It would also cause her to be vulnerable to a preditor of sorts.

Perhaps her attempts to convince KH to give up custody failed, and without success, she tried another route via the hired hit landscaper man. Idk. Personally, I find the hired hit man landscaper guy story contrived. Nevertheless, once KH is out of the way, Kyron goes to mommy, and TH moves on with her life.

She has a close friend in the PTA leader, and though she is very likely uninvolved, she may have info that she is not aware of, but of course, that's jmo.

If someone else is involved, LE already knows about it, imo. She couldn't possibly have not left a trail, not in this day and age.

I thought this was an interesting moment...

-14:32

Reporter: "...you've been a class act...probably not saying a lot you want to say...how hard is that to not say stuff to Terri?"

Terri: "Honestly, I've been doing that since Kyron was born"

....and the fact that Terri had feelings about this when she got the phone call, so she was suspicious of Terri from the first moments....

You prob. want to edit this to correct the names so no one gets confused.

The elephant in the room. T will be proved to have harmed K. I pray to God I'm wrong. I'm preparing for the news. I do not care what her reason for doing so would be. Too many children are ending up abused,missing or dead. Something needs to change.Why do drug dealers get more time than people who rape children? To kill a child and not get the death penalty? How and why is this?

Ok....so this is what I just can not comprehend. They both make it clear that they dislike TH, they don't trust TH, there were prior issues with TH....yet they both felt comfortable leaving 90% of the care and responsibility for Kyron to TH? If Kyron was so used to spending time with DY at her home on weekends and holidays and in summer....WHY would they not have had him move in with her? Why would you let someone you did not trust be with your child for even one minute? I had a neighbor who once backed into a car in her driveway, and then a week later ran into the front wall of her garage. I never let her drive my kids anywhere again and we have been friends for over 20 years! If you don't trust someone or have known them to lie, its a one and done situation. A child's life is more important than "family dynamics".

jmo

I watched the KATU raw videoclip of the press conference (I didn't watch it live online). I'm glad that the parents are speaking out freely (even if they say they can't answer a question) rather than doing the media dance of prescreening questions ahead of time.

Did they bar any of the media from this press conference (Oregonian newspaper or the Willamette Week newspaper) or were both of those media outlets allowed to cover this?

I think both Desiree and Kaine did just fine at this press conference speaking from the heart, IMO. I do get the impression that Desiree knows a lot more about TH but chooses not to speak about it publicly for Kyron's sake but that she has told the police everything she knows about her. That was interesting that Desiree did comment about the 1st presser where TH hugged her -- so the public thinking about the body language between DY and TH was very spot on, IMO.

BBM

Her reaction to Terri in that press conference was not unlike the reaction to her own husband who also tried to comfort her, and Desiree reached for and held Terri's hand in a later press conference.

I have no doubt that the dynamics among this group of adults was difficult, but for years they made it work and the product was seemingly well-adjusted children.

If there were suspicions about abuse or overt bad behavior, there were years when it could've been addressed. As it stands, there is nothing to indicate Desiree tried to regain custody of Kyron when she returned from Canada. In fact, earlier statements indicate she left him where he was because it's what she believed was best. Now, after Terri has not been formally accused, but is definitely being accused, all that flies out the window?

I don't want to pick apart a grieving family, but these are wildly contradictory statements and actions.

Ducks the tomatoes.

Sigh.

This

(underline by me)

this

and this

confuse me.

I think that you can know someone has issues, but still find them to be someone you can deal with - and feel comfortable about your child's safety. But when you get THAT call, every doubt, every subconscious thought, every weird instance would come crashing together for "just knowing"

I do feel, though, that even if you cannot murder a full grown man (who may fight back, or resist, win and get you arrested)-it would not take so much to overpower a child, nevermind a small 7 year old. IF-IF-TH did not attempt to murder KH herself, it may not have been a moral mental reason-it may have purely been a decision based on strength...

RE: Kaine being asked about the apparent hit on him

His response to this is tough to watch. It's like he is holding back tears, he is fearful, and he is trying to remove the knife from his back. Even Desiree steps in to help with the response because he is struggling to figure out what to say.

I can't imagine finding out my spouse attempted to hire a hitman to off me, let alone find this out due to the fact that my 7 year old son is missing!

I've repeatedly said they Desiree is a strong woman, but I think Kaine deserves some props here too! This man's son is missing, is wife is trying to have him killed, he is carrying guilt that size of this Earth, and caring for his young daughter. I cannot imagine the pain either Kaine or Desiree are feeling!

I thought this was an interesting moment...

-14:32

Reporter: "...you've been a class act...probably not saying a lot you want to say...how hard is that to not say stuff to Terri?"

Terri: "Honestly, I've been doing that since Kyron was born"

....and the fact that Terri had feelings about this when she got the phone call, so she was suspicious of Terri from the first moments....

Well, in honesty if she has been doing her husband while she was pregnant I can see why she's been holding her tongue.

RE: Kaine being asked about the apparent hit on him

His response to this is tough to watch. It's like he is holding back tears, he is fearful, and he is trying to remove the knife from his back. Even Desiree steps in to help with the response because he is struggling to figure out what to say.

I can't imagine finding out my spouse attempted to hire a hitman to off me, let alone find this out due to the fact that my 7 year old son is missing!

I've repeatedly said they Desiree is a strong woman, but I think Kaine deserves some props here too! This man's son is missing, is wife is trying to have him killed, he is carrying guilt that size of this Earth, and caring for his young daughter. I cannot imagine the pain either Kaine or Desiree are feeling!

Well said.

Do you guys recall the part in the presser where they were discussing the motions they were going thru, that LE has a plan, and that the detectives were doing "mechanical" things right now with cell phones, computers and stuff? Maybe they are working for, in fact, an arrest VERY soon, but need a lot of computer forensics...

Iirc, a reporter asked the question about what is happening as there is no visual searching that the public can see, and her response was that there are investigators working, searching for him via, tech stuff, cell phone records and such. moo

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT! I felt the same way, he appeared to me to be a man that would "work together" with someone else, and in particular a woman. I did not see him "struggle" with this working together, it appeared to come naturally.

~IMO~

I agree as well. I never got the feeling that KH is a control freak at all. He still looks uncomfortable with all of the publicity. I think the ground rules at the previous presser were set collaboratively between the mom/dad/stepdad as well as possible LE input. Kaine was just the lucky one to read that part of their statements. I think if they could have all said it in tandem they would have.

I see them all as united in the fight to find Kyron and to be working well as a team. I can't see blaming/suspecting/dissecting KH for TH's actions (or lack thereof). Even if things in their relationships weren't all wine & cheese, I'm sure no-one could foresee something like this being a remote possibility. I'm sure DY has her reason's for TH not being her bff but never something that could lead to this - she must have felt, at a minimum, that despite those issues that Kyron was at least safe where he was.

Kyron needs to come home - to his home in PortlandMedford, Oregon - to his mom, dad, and stepdad who obviously all love him very much.

~IMO~

Well, in honesty if she has been doing her husband while she was pregnant I can see why she's been holding her tongue.

That was my thought... if TH was shagging KH while he was still married... that could cause some ugly feelings. And now this... I am surprised DY was able to appear in the same room as her in the past weeks. She is one classy lady, for sure.

I know some are questioning why TH and/or her atty aren't speaking out on her behalf. FWIW, I have a good friend who works for a VERY highly respected criminal atty and tonite I got her input on this. She said there is absolutely no reason for TH or her attorney to speak out at this point as they owe nobody any type of response and there is nothing legally to be gained by it. She felt that TH's attorney would look at everything being said by LE and the parents and will find anything that could cause reasonable doubt. She said that the more the parents and LE talk, the better chance there is that there will be things said that will work in TH's favor. Also, if TH's attorney is any good, he will earn his money and do what is necessary to get the best deal for his client.

This

(underline by me)

this

and this

confuse me.

Don't be confused, my dear. It's really quite simple.
1) "working relationships" have to do with passing the kid off to each other and sharing holidays - it has NOTHING to do with "TRUST"
2) blindsided - well, "duh!" Of course they were blindsided
3) trust your instincts...you don't have bad ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members