Family Press Conferences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously I dont know how anyone can stick up for Terri even...

SBM

As someone who has and probably will post things that may be interpreted as "sticking up for Terri" I can answer for myself but no one else.

I try to make a strong division between what I know to be facts and what I assume or feel, based on my own impressions.

Just because I find someone hinky or unsympathetic doesn't mean that person is guilty or even wrong. At least, they aren't wrong until I assume control of the universe and at that time, they better look out! LOL

Right now, based on what I know as facts, it looks to me like there are things that tend to implicate TMH but nowhere near beyond a reasonable doubt. Based on what I know right now, I would never vote to convict her.

For every person that I would convict because I didn't have a good impression of them, there are probably three people who feel the same way about me.

I try hard to remember and act on the old bromide about "live and let live." I fail but maybe the struggle itself is making me a better person. I hope so, anyway (because I do find it a struggle).

It's true. Good moms just KNOW. I feel so bad for Desiree, yet I admire her at the same time. Good for you, Desiree! Let it out!

I wholeheartedly agree. I cannot imagine having to stand next to the woman whom I suspected of abducting my child. She says she has felt this from the beginning. There must be a reason Terri was the one who she suspected immediately of being informed of Kyron's disappearance. And to think she had to publicly put up a unified front for those past press conferences makes my heart break for her. I bet she feels better in a small way, saying what she really feels. She trusted her gut feeling. I do admire her also.

I'm joining in late and haven't seen the conference, but I just read the article (thanks for the link, Rubyred) and am curious about this statement:

"I've known her for a long time," Desiree Young said, "I know she's lying."

During the Q&A on Tuesday, DY stated that she was not friends with TH prior to the marriage, and in fact, didn't meet her until a year-and-a-half after Kyron was born, IIRC. Okay, five plus years is a relatively long time, I suppose, but just how well does an ex-spouse really know the new spouse? Her words give me the impression that there is some history between the two. So now I'm really curious about what has transpired between the families in the past. Has TH pulled other stunts? Is this why they seem so sure Kyron's alive and she's responsible? Like I said, I'm coming in late so I apologize if this has been discussed already.

I feel really bad for her. I haven't seen anything indicating she shouldn't have had custody of Kyron. It just seems like she got the short end of the deal, and now she really has the worst end of the deal. Poor woman, I hope they find Kyron soon and alive, so she can have some peace.

You hit the proverbial nail directly on its head!

badme102
I have a family member that has been missing for 27 years.She has never been found.I have looked for her as a unidentified Jane Doe,skeletal remains,anthopologist offices anywhere and everywhere to try and find out where she could be.I know very well how LE works in these cases.I am just saying I thought LE and the sheriff just came out and said Terri was not a POI or a suspect and she was cooperating.I just really think they need to clear this up once and for all.I thought they did.

My gosh, what a nightmare, I'm so sorry! :blowkiss:

I am kind of surprised if LE is using these grieving parents to get across the fact that Terri failed her lie detector tests. I wonder if that is something that Kaine and/or Desiree just could not hold back on making public. LE does not usually do that, though it does usually leak somehow.

These parents cannot allow themselves to think that Terri acted alone (if she did anything, which they clearly believe she did) because that would mean there is zero chance of Kyron being OK. They are forced to assume she had help, just by that fact alone.

That's what I can't figure out, I'm not so much on the fence anymore. I still though don't think Terri could pull this off by herself.....

<respectfully snipped>

I think women know women better than men know women. I wonder if DY ever told KH that she had concerns about TH before Kyron went missing? Did Kyron tell DY about things that were happening at home that when DY asked KH about he dismissed them? If so, the guilt on Kaine must be torment.

Thank you for eloquently expressing what I was thinking. I am just floored at how some ( not attacking anyone's opinion) cannot take a face value the opinion of someone who has dealt with Terri for many years. IMO, her ability to be as strong as she is and not lash out,shows me that she has the ability to be rational and discerning in her dealings with crisis and people. I could be completely wrong ( I will eat ALL of your hats if I am) but I think DY is being very sincere. She is hesitant to discuss anything that may jeopardize finding her son. She will not be baited, she will not give up, and she is being advised wisely. If she thinks LE is doing what it takes, I do not doubt her.
She is doing exactly what Rudyard Kipling described, holding her head high.

If you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

So, they both know Terri is a liar. BOTH of them. Desiree had an instinct that Terri did something relative to Kyron disappearing - she "KNEW" Terri had something to do with what happened when she go the phone call. She knows Terri's lying because she's known Terri a loooong time. (Too long, it seems.)

Apparently, Kaine agrees - knows Terri's a liar. Yet Kaine let Terri raise his kids.

If I were Desiree, I'd have more than a little difficulty even standing next to Kaine.

Desiree had concerns about Terri all along but suppressed them for blended family's sake.

IMO, There's more skeletons in the closet ... lots more.

:(

Hello Emma,

Maybe I can give a little insight here based upon my relationship with my mother. My mother lies constantly... "Did you put garlic in the soup?" Her answer, "No" (but I saw her do it.) "Mom, they said that." Her answer, "No, they didn't!" (but I heard them say that). "I never had this..." (Oh God mom -- please not again, not the same crap mom, its such garbage mom...I know better). And on and on and on...it is endless, constant, ridiculous and insidious. As a child, being lied to like this makes you doubt your own mind, experience and feelings. Fortunately, we are not under that reign of lies that tries to throw off our "gut" and "knowledge of our own personal experience" forever. Fortunately, some of us have relatives, siblings, friends and family members who have WITNESSED the "convenient and consistent" lies too -- these people confirm to us that we are not loons (we know what we heard, saw, felt, suspected!)

The lies are a part of my mom, nothing anyone can ever change. But, would I ever in a million years suspect her lying to try and cover some "other than petty" thing that she would do? No...I would NOT (I hope I am not wrong!) She is a liar. She lies for convenience, sympathy, because she thinks she can blow stupid stuff by you -- not to cover wicked acts. I guess that if there is a "petty thief" -- she is a "petty liar" (although thieving is thieving and lying is lying and it CAN cause great harm AND I've tried to point that out to her, it wasn't easy.)

My mother's husband(s), I'm not sure how he/they endured the lying. I've witnessed her lying to her present husband for umpteen years, she's even tried to suck me into some of her stupid lies to him. He loved her, loves her, because there really is much to love about her despite the insane lies. She did care for her children (such as it was, and some would consider it responsible) and she has taken very dear care of her husbands/present husband. She is wonderful in many ways -- very loveable in many ways. So, there are men (and women) who see "one thing" about their wives (husbands), or see "one thing" about their mothers/fathers who lie like this -- love being blind or trapped, it is what it is -- but it doesn't seem to be "dangerous."

My guess is that Kaine wanted to believe the best in his wife. My further guess is that Desiree saw her lies and was disgusted by them, but tolerated them thinking that she was just, well, lying for convenience, but that she wasn't dangerous. Perhaps she will become angry at Kaine or anyone who didn't "pull out all stops to get her away from Kyron" -- but she is a classy lady, and I think that if that anger comes, she will resolve that no one could have guessed for sure, including her.

OMG I just love Kyron's parents! I do believe it's no holds barred at this point...I see a Momma and a Daddy that want their son back and they are tired of messing around with and tip-toeing around this deranged woman Terri!

They are definitely fed up. It was a very good presser. The body language told us so much.

I have a feeling that Desiree was not too fond of Kaine either and is just dealing with him now because they have a common cause...and she must be angry, very angry, that he married someone who could do this to her son...even if she knows the anger is irrelevant and not helpful at this point. I would be steaming mad at Kaine and Terri. She clearly never liked Terri, as far as I can make out and I was one of those who thought she treated Terri like she had leprosy at the first PC.

Then why didn't she go to court and try to get custody of Kyron back? Why would she allow Terri to raise him if she didn't trust her? That's the part I don't get. Or at the very least, she should have voiced her concerns to Kaine long before now. I don't understand a man who was half surprised to find out his wife failed a polygraph and tried to hire a hit man to kill him. That tells me he had a few suspicions of her before Kyron went missing! WTH?

That's what I can't figure out, I'm not so much on the fence anymore. I still though don't think Terri could pull this off by herself.....

But really, it could be as simple as, something happened, Terri harmed/killed Kyron, and hid his body someplace where LE has not searched. That would not take an Einstein. She may, if guilty, be shocked that she has not been caught and charged as yet.

It does not have to be a complicated plot, just because everything in this case is so bizarre. Sadly, it could be fairly simple, with a suspect who can hold up to LE better than in other cases we've seen.

I think it would be far more complex and therefore more likely to have failed by now, if more than one person is involved. If it's just Terri...it may never be truly solved.

ITA - but if one has serious concerns - concerns strong enough to make you immediately suspicious when you hear your child is missing, before you even know it's a crisis - then it is odd that she left Kyron there. I see K!tty's point, as well as your's.

She may not have felt she had much choice in the matter.

DY files for divorce before Kyron is born and she then applies for a RO preventing him from removing Kyron or her older son from the house without her permission (which the judge amends to apply to both parents). That indicates to me that either DY or her lawyer thought that KH might fight for custody.

Then DY falls ill, has to go to Canada for treatment. When she comes back, she has a substantial medical bill and may not have been in physical shape to fight for custody (recovering from renal failure can take a year or more). By then, Kyron has been living with KH.

If she wanted custody of Kyron back, then a lawyer would probably have told her that judges are reluctant to make drastic changes in a child's living arrangements and that if KH wanted to fight, he would have a pretty good chance of winning.

So, all in all, she may well have felt trapped into leaving arrangements as they were.

*demolishes the fence*

I am so very saddened by this. I can't believe what came out at this presser. Dear God, she did do something to Kyron. I only feel sadness for that family and a lot more fear for Kyron.

Wow, just...wow...I'm in class and trying not to cry right now...it reminds me of the day they identified Caylee's remains...I knew it was her, but hearing it confirmed just made it all the worse...

I really, honestly, wanted to be wrong...

DITO! I know EXACTLY how you feel!

Of course they "would like to speculate" that there is someone else. If they didn't speculate... that would mean Kyron is not alive. My opinion of the look they gave eachother before answering that question... was a look of -thats our only hope. A look that shows they had talked about this in great lenghths.

This is all just so sad! I feel so bad for them.

I agree. If they found a landscaper that she had hired 7 months ago and even contacted a landscaper that she never contacted, I am sure they have talked to every one that has ever had anything to do with her in the last year. I don't know how she could have hiden it if she were talking to someone about taking Kyron.

posted at exactly the same time

and I concur

And so do I. I'm still floored. I think I'm going to have to watch it again when they post the video.

Kyron's Family: Stepmom Dodging Investigators
Terri Horman Failed 2 Polygraph Tests, Husband Says
POSTED: 5:39 pm PDT July 8, 2010
UPDATED: 6:05 pm PDT July 8, 2010

"I've known her a long time. I know she's lying," Young said. "Terri is still not cooperating. I'm so angry, I don’t have words."

http://www.kptv.com/news/24190899/detail.html

I think, IMO, that there is a lot of history in this extended family's dynamics that gave cause for DY to say this.

I bet she wants to scream from the rooftop what she really thinks............

I am not trying to be snarky
and I realize that looks are not
everything,but after seeing this
press conferece,I do not understand
how this man could leave this woman
and go into a relationship with TH,even
when she was doing body building,what
did he ever see in TH? It's mind blowing
to me.

JMHO

At one point, Desiree said that something was 'ridiculous'. Was that statement about the fact that Kyron was still missing after a month or because they were still waiting for Terri to talk? My volume was too low to hear everything properly. TIA.

iirc, and imo, both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member