Family Press Conferences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...He also looked to DY to answer most of the questions, which tends to quelch thoughts of him being a control freak.

I still think he has a controlling personality though; it was a 'controlled action' IMO, to defer to Desiree in the presser and do just as you described.

He's no dummy and he has to know that his media ground-rules behavior looked awful for him last week and caused a lot of people to scrutinize him more. I have not ever, nor do I now think he is in any way directly involved in Kyron's disappearance but I do think he played a huge role in the family dynamic that led up to this.

I was very happy to hear from Kaine that baby K is allegedly adjusting very well. I think going home will be good in many ways, but it will also remind her even more that her mommy is not coming back and her brothers are gone too. I hope the kiddo continues to adjust.

Regarding Terri failing two polys: Was it a shock to you? Kaine said a little bit yes and a little bit no.

Desire was asked about her feelings of Terri in the first press conference where Terri tried to hug her; Desiree said she had feelings about this "from the moment I got the phone call". A mother's instincts.

WHY oh why don't any of the reporters ask Kaine about the car swap that morning?? It seems such an obvious question to ask.

The reporters let a lot of dead silence go on and were lame as heck, IMO! Reporters from all over, missed opportunities and didn't seem all that prepared.
Hi Caring Citizen, I don't think they would have answered a question about the car swap - part of the investigation. IMO

Excellent press conference! Seems they know the reason Terri would 'hide' Kyron or even worse, harm him. moo

I sure wonder where that knowledge comes from and why nobody saw this coming so Kyron could be taken to safety? moo

If they want Terri to talk, then LE needs to arrest and charge her with Kyron's disappearance. Her attorney isn't going to allow her to say a thing until he sees the evidence they've accumulated against her.

At one point, Desiree said that something was 'ridiculous'. Was that statement about the fact that Kyron was still missing after a month or because they were still waiting for Terri to talk? My volume was too low to hear everything properly. TIA.

I have always thought Desiree suspected Terri from the get go. Her body language at the family presser was clear in that regard!

I agree with your assumption about Desiree having history with Terri's veracity; I think she is in an awkward situation where she can't make Kaine look bad and just come and say what she thought of Terri.

One does have to wonder why he was with someone that he was half way not surprised that she failed two polys.

And at the beginning of the presser when Kaine was asked how Kyron's relationship was with Terri and he actually said Terri would best be able to answer that!! WHAT? He hasn't paid attention enough to be able to characterize their relationship?

I thought that was lame-o shame-o.

I can kinda understand his hesitation to describe Kyron's relationship to his stepmom. They want to put the stepmom under pressure, but since they believe that Kyron may be alive they don't want to make the stepmom too mad. So maybe he doesn't want to speak openly about that in a presser. Or perhaps there is something they know or suspect that is not ready to be released to the public yet. He did well by not lying about it. He just put the pressure on the stepmom. Let her describe her own relationship to Kryon.

I'm still not sure that Terri didn't always use the truck since she lived in country and probably did the shopping, buying wood or whatever, etc...do we even know that Kaine did not regularly take the Mustang to and from work?

You guys are AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for following and updating. I missed it; but, thanks to all of you, I have a pretty good idea of what went on. I can't wait to watch the raw video.

I don't know what to say.I feel they need to do thier pressers with LE from now on.For her to come right out and call Terri a lier is wrong.That is her oppinion.I really don't know what to think of all this.I think any other pressers to come needs to leave Terri out of it and not accuse her.I think they need to let LE handle all this now.They need to just concentrate on finding Kyron now.I thought LE just said Terri was not a suspect or POI and no one has been ruled out.I thought LE said she was cooperating.I really think it is time for LE to say for sure if Terri is a suspect or POI and clear this all up once and for all.I really thought they already did this.I am going to back away from all this and Kyrons case.I pray they find little Kyron.He's a sweet little boy and all this is very sad.

BBM ... First, I am NOT jumping on you or by any way trying to diminish your opinions. They are yours and you are free to express them here; and, I am glad that you do.

I just want to say that I respectfully disagree w/ you. At the beginning I was really trying to believe TMH had nothing to do w/ this. I held out for a very long time. I am no longer convinced that she is innocent in Kyron's disappearance. I am praying very hard that there is an accomplice that is taking care of Kyron. I think anything is possible in this case because LE has been too tight lipped about details.

DY, TY, & KH appears to be completely cooperative w/ LE; and, they are doing their best to answer questions that are OKed by LE that will not jeopardize the case. With that said, LE could very well have put them up to imploring TMH. If a Mother to Mother appeal does not move TMH, especially w/ being separated from her own baby (which may have been a plan to get TMH to see how it feels?) then I do not think anything will. How could anyone watch the obvious anguish of a mother (DY) and not be moved?

I believe that TMH is behind Kyron's disappearance. There has just been too much come out for me to believe it is all a coincidence. If TMH were not involved, she would be completely honest about her where abouts that day ... every movement!!

I think DY calling Terri a liar is the least of THM's worries right now!

ETA: If this were my child, I seriously believe someone would have to restrain me from attacking the person responsible, especially if I believed my child was still alive and may be frightened. I admire the restraint shown by the other 3 parents.

Stay on topic regarding things discussed during the presser please. If there is a particular topic that you'd like to discuss that was covered in the presser, feel free to start a thread. This thread will be closed at some point this evening.

This post lands at random and is not about the post above it.

At one point, Desiree said that something was 'ridiculous'. Was that statement about the fact that Kyron was still missing after a month or because they were still waiting for Terri to talk? My volume was too low to hear everything properly. TIA.

She said it's ridiculous that they are still waiting for Terri to talk.

DY must be a very strong woman. I am also a divorced mother of two. I tried for the longest time to do what was right regarding my kids stepmom and making the situation the best I can for them however, I too did not trust their stepmom but when the situation arose that I felt they could possibly be in danger, I stepped in and voiced my opinon. I understand that KY lived with KH and TH because DY became ill but why did he continue to live there? There is no way I could live 4 1/2 hours away from my girls especially if I wasn't comfortable with the stepmom. My world revolves around my kids. Don't get me wrong, I think DY does show a lot of class and has handled this situation much better than I ever could have but I would love to know why he was still living with KH.

Of course they "would like to speculate" that there is someone else. If they didn't speculate... that would mean Kyron is not alive. My opinion of the look they gave eachother before answering that question... was a look of -thats our only hope. A look that shows they had talked about this in great lenghths.

This is all just so sad! I feel so bad for them.

Desiree Young on Terri Moulton: 'I know she's lying'​

kgw-16_58hormans.JPG

"I've known her a long time," Desiree Young said, "I know she's lying."

She drove home the points, saying "Mothers have instincts and unfortunately I had feelings about this when I got the phone call," about Kyron's disappearance.
When asked whether they thought who else might be involved in the disappearance, Kaine Horman and Young were quiet for a moment, looked at each and Kaine Horman declined to speculate.​

ITA - but if one has serious concerns - concerns strong enough to make you immediately suspicious when you hear your child is missing, before you even know it's a crisis - then it is odd that she left Kyron there. I see K!tty's point, as well as your's.

Dots are connected in your gut at that time and in an instant, the situation becomes clear. No proof -- just a "knowing".

SBM

One does have to wonder why he was with someone that he was half way not surprised that she failed two polys.

I saw it as a process. He didn't go from trusting TMH to not trusting her like flipping a light switch, it took a while to happen.

On 3 June 2010, he had no idea that she would or could do anything like make Kyron disappear or take a hit out on him.

The next day, Kyron disappears. Doubts set in, either immediately or over the next few days. But he's not convinced; doubt does not equal conviction.

At some point while he is still doubting, he finds out that she failed both polygraphs. Which makes sense of being a little surprised but not totally surprised (my paraphrase) that she didn't pass.

And finally, on 26 June 2010, he was beyond doubts and is now convinced: she's guilty of something.

And at the beginning of the presser when Kaine was asked how Kyron's relationship was with Terri and he actually said Terri would best be able to answer that!! WHAT? He hasn't paid attention enough to be able to characterize their relationship?

I thought that was lame-o shame-o.

Again, that's not how I saw it. If he had no reason to think she would make Kyron disappear or take a hit out on him on 3 June 2010, then he was viewing her relationship with Kyron through a certain set of assumptions and beliefs. He now thinks those assumptions and beliefs were profoundly flawed, so he can no longer characterise her relationship with Kyron.

In other words, if he'd been asked on 3 June 2010 what TMH's relationship with Kyron was like, he might have said something like "great! They love each other very much." With everything that has happened and been revealed since then, he is probably certain that he was wrong but doesn't know yet in what way he was wrong.

Until Kyron's fate has been revealed, it would be hard to say, I think.

The above is all my own speculation, of course.

It looked like they answered that question as if to say it came as a suprise to KH but not to DY. I'm not bashing DY by any means, but I can't imagine allowing another woman to care for my child unless I fully trusted and respected her.

sometimes we ignore or sugarcoat our gut feelings by allowing others to convince us it's in our best interests, such as having a major health issue and having to go elsewhere for treatment

when in a weakened physical state, it's even more likely that someone could convince us of something we normally wouldn't agree to

Anyone have a link that works for the press conference? I missed it due to my other addiction(Big Brother)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member