Family Press Conferences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are getting to the point of bashing Kaine and Desiree who are victims, in way too many ways. We had better check our snark at the door. I'm not warning again. This post lands at random.

Unless something has changed drastically.... It is a family press conference, LE will not be there. It is just Kyron's parents. I do not know if that includes Tony or not. Sometimes he is at the press conference's and sometimes he is not. But they had previously scheduled answering questions/media meetings on Fridays. Because he went missing on a Friday.

Although, on the other hand, the family throws out more clues and background information than LE.
Everything we have has pretty much come from them.

IMO

I'm glad they are trying to keep Kyron on our minds and hearts. It definitely is a let down when we don't get any more info but I believe we will know where Kyron is soon. We just gotta hang in there, pray for Kyron & his family.
Keep prayin' :praying:

From your lips to God's ears!!!! We're all hoping and praying for a miracle~

(respectfully bolded)

Darnit I will not be home until 1/2 hour after it, but I can get caught up here!

All of these articles reference "Kyron's parents Kaine and Desiree" will be holding a news conference Friday at 11am....

So I think it is just them, no Tony...and it is definitely just a family one as we previously thought.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Reward-that-leads-to-Kyron-Horman-up-to-50000-99349594.html

http://www.kptv.com/news/24445875/detail.html

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...ak-Friday-morning/BBjefkCtQEOFrHatXybG7g.cspx

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/terri_moulton_horman_wants_cou.html

In case the mods aren't around when the presser starts, please start a new thread. :grouphug:

What would you like to hear in this Presser by the family?

I would really like to hear them make a plea to all property owners near and around the Horman home & Skyline School to do a cursory search of their properties to look for anything out of the ordinary.

I realize this request would require Kyron's family to step away from the "live" state of mind they are firmly planted in (& understandably so!) but, even so...a search of private properties could unveil a clue or even an article of Kyron's that was tossed...eyeglasses, etc.

Thanks wasn't enough for this one. Indeed, not one of us wants 'real news' more than Kaine and Desiree. We need to all take a deep breath and remember that Kyron's family are victims too.

Very true -- my frustration sometimes reflects in my posts. I apologize. I don't want to think anything KH or DY say is not in Kyron's best interest. It's probably best that I take a few moments and a deep breath before posting.

Big hugs,

Mel

I would really like to hear them make a plea to all property owners near and around the Horman home & Skyline School to do a cursory search of their properties to look for anything out of the ordinary.

I realize this request would require Kyron's family to step away from the "live" state of mind they are firmly planted in (& understandably so!) but, even so...a search of private properties could unveil a clue or even an article of Kyron's that was tossed...eyeglasses, etc.

I believe the police made that plea weeks ago, didn't they? Surely by now everyone in the area is aware that Kyron is missing.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/NW-Portland-second-grader-still-missing-Saturday-95689114.html

June 5, 2010

Gates asked all neighbors to thoroughly search their properties, including outbuildings, a "no stone left unturned" search. He also asked neighbors to cooperate with detectives who ask to come on to their property.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Horman-family-statement-on-search-for-Kyron-95991424.html

Family Statement, July 6, 2010

Lt. Mike Shults, the liaison between the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office and the Horman family, read the following statement on behalf of the family:

Kyron’s family would like to thank everyone for their support and interest in finding their son. The outpouring of support and continued effort strengthens their hope.

We need for folks to continue to assist us in our goal. Please search your properties, your cars your outbuildings, your sheds. Also check with your neighbors and friends who may be on vacation or may need assistance to search their property.

There are a lot of resources out there to help. Please don’t stop.

It is obviously a difficult time and they want to speak to the public so they can hear from Kyron’s family as they come together to share their message. Their objective is to keep the focus on Kyron and not about anything else.

Video of Shults reading statement at press conference

Shults also said that the family chose not to be at the press conference because they wanted to keep the focus on Kyron and not on them.

It would not hurt to repeat the above request since he has not been found. I doubt everyone in Portland area truly searched their properties.

oh goodness. I am so sorry. how did i miss the family planned one. I do aplogize. got a lil overexcited. my bad:waitasec:

I had no idea there was a conference planned, Spooky. Thank you very much for letting us know! :)

BBM. Realizing the pain and trauma and emotional hell they're in right now, I'm fine with whatever they feel they need to say. I'm happy to listen. I'm happy to say a prayer for them, and for Kyron.

Maybe they'll give us some helpful info, maybe they won't. Either way, I'm going to listen, and wish them well. I hope doing the press conference helps them to feel a little better, because I doubt there's much of anything makes them feel better right now.

I can't even begin to imagine the emotional rollercoaster these parents are on right now, physically and mentally. I wonder if DY and TY are traveling back and forth? I was thinking, she does have another son who surely has feelings for Kyron. I hope that the older children are not being kept out of the loop, emotionally, I mean.

I guess 11am presser is Oregon time? So 2pm for East Coast? Last Friday was a looooong afternoon. I really can't let myself do that again (just sit and sit and sit and sit). Wow! That sure didn't come out like I meant. I can always catch it on the flip side on here.
:blushing:

Going to fold clothes now ......

I worry about the older children, too, especially TH's son. This has to be so hard on him, with not only his brother gone, but his mom suspected as well. How does a kid deal with that in everyday life? Has to be tough for him. I hope both the older boys are getting appropriate counseling.

Maybe an appeal by the parents today on behalf of the children who miss their brother so much might touch the heart of someone who knows something.

We are getting to the point of bashing Kaine and Desiree who are victims, in way too many ways. We had better check our snark at the door. I'm not warning again. This post lands at random.
Bump it again gma, didn't seem to work.

I worry about the older children, too, especially TH's son. This has to be so hard on him, with not only his brother gone, but his mom suspected as well. How does a kid deal with that in everyday life? Has to be tough for him. I hope both the older boys are getting appropriate counseling.

Maybe an appeal by the parents today on behalf of the children who miss their brother so much might touch the heart of someone who knows something.

This is what I have been thinking as well. I hope someone is caring for him and giving him the care and attention he needs. Even though TH seems to think it's all about her, there are innocent ones to keep in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches