Family Press Conferences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what got her so upset all of a sudden about Terri's parents supporting her financially. If something happened, or if just everything's been building up.
hi bean.
I would think that since she is convinced that TH knows what became of Kyron, then she would be perty irritated that defense funds seem to be available, but reward and search funds are not nearly at that level.
If I were convinced that someone did something to my child, I would be po'ed if they had more money for their cause available to them than i do for my cause.

She said that one could contact the MCSO to add to the reward money and it they, the family, would have nothing to do with that money. She said she'd like it to be at least as much as TH's legal fees paid to her attorney, $350,000.

I find that interesting, since it's been reported by TH's other attorney, that the amount that KH's attorney stated $350,000, was grossly overstated. So Desiree, at least, believes that is $350,000.?

They asked if she still thought Kyron was alive and she said "nothing's changed".

Uh oh. She was doing well--in fact, I think she does better without KH--and then..she started in on TH, her supporters, and matching that $350,000 to defend TH.

Darn. I wish she'd just made the appeal.

Can't blame her tho. Can't blame her if this is making her crazed. Man, I know it would be dang hard for me to even function as a human if I were in her shoes. I wouldn't be able to dress myself. Can't really blame her for going off either.

Only thing is....does the amount of money really matter? It's not like $$ is just handed over and the person goes merrily on their way.
Even if a million dollars is offered, will that make a difference at this late date?
imo :(

Well,

My sincere apologies for suggesting the KGW live stream link. KGW posted that they would air it live but they streamed some other program. First time KGW has let me down. I hope anyone who tried KGW was able to switch to another stream.

hi bean.
I would think that since she is convinced that TH knows what became of Kyron, then she would be perty irritated that defense funds seem to be available, but reward and search funds are not nearly at that level.
If I were convinced that someone did something to my child, I would be po'ed if they had more money for their cause available to them than i do for my cause.

Yes, JBean, I understand that, of course.

I was wondering why now, it suddently got to her to the point where she held a press conference. If something happened that brought it to a head.

I don't think reward amount makes any difference as anyone with knowledge is now a criminal...and they can't collect it...

But what else can she do?

What was the point of this presser today?

From what I got from it, DY is wanting people to help raise the reward enough to get someone to talk.

She is upset that some people are supporting TH and not supporting bringing Kyron home. She wants those who support TH to also support Kyron by giving to the reward fund at the Sher. Office.

I think she just had to get some stuff off of her chest. I think she was talking directly to TH's family and "inner circle".

She says someone in TH's inner circle knows something and she thinks if the reward is high enough, they will talk.

JMO / and what I got from the presser.

That's a good question. When she first started, DY was so choked with emotion (anger + upset) that she could hardly speak straight.
I think she is frustrated beyond belief, sees that TH's support group(s) flourish more every day and thinks "too much" support is being focused on defending TH (in the court of public opinion?) than on Kyron and finding him.

She clearly believes Kyron is alive, in the US and being held by someone. She knows that more than the one person knows this and wants to increase the reward to an amount sufficient enough to get one of those people to 'break' and come forward with information that will lead directly to Kyron.

IMO it was probably an impetuous decision (to speak), today is Friday, it just all came crashing down on her. She notified KH (who maybe didn't want to participate) and she felt so strongly about doing it, that she went ahead. It was also important for HER to speak her mind (she has done this several times already). IE it was a step forward for her that she is capable of doing this on her own.
I'm not sure if that has some strategic implication or not.

KGWNews KGW News
Kyron's mom: 'There is someone out there that has information ... I want that person to come forward'- http://bit.ly/9w5G7A - #Kyron
4 minutes ago

KGWNews KGW News
#Kyron's mom: "I want someone in Teri’s circle to come forward now"; "someone knows where Kyron is."
13 minutes ago

KGWNews KGW News
#Kyron's mom: “It's been 4 months - I’m at that point where I don’t know what else to do.”
14 minutes ago
»

KGWNews KGW News
Desiree, mom of #Kyron: Increase reward for finding Kyron to at least Teri's legal fees ($300,000).

I was wondering why now, it suddently got to her to the point where she held a press conference. If something happened that brought it to a head.
well funds probably are not what she had hoped. They are running fundraisers to look for a baby and the person she believe is involved doesn't have to work as hard to get money. I am not saying that TH should not have money to defend herself, because she should. But from Desiree's perspective she has to practically beg for funds on behalf of her child and the stepmom only has to reach out to her parents.
Life is not fair and it is what it is, but still and all how could that NOT bother her? have the step grandparent donated to find Kyron? i don't know, but i sure hope that have donated a bundle.

The main gist was to raise the reward money, but Desiree was very emotional, crying, and said several times, that it's been 4 months and she doesn't know what else to do. So I think at a deeper level, it's all sort of caught up to her.

I think for a while the families of missing persons are so busy, then time passes, things slow down, and they have more time to think about the shock they've experienced, and it all sinks in, and it's just very hard to bear.

Desiree was clearly in great pain today.

I'm guessing months of sleepless nights, weeks of empty arms and an aching heart and no new news would be that something.

fox 12 is covering this again.. I'm sure local news will show snips at 5pm PST

She said that one could contact the MCSO to add to the reward money and it they, the family, would have nothing to do with that money. She said she'd like it to be at least as much as TH's legal fees paid to her attorney, $350,000.

I find that interesting, since it's been reported by TH's other attorney, that the amount that KH's attorney stated $350,000, was grossly overstated. So Desiree, at least, believes that is $350,000.?

They asked if she still thought Kyron was alive and she said "nothing's changed".

I suppose things have changed for her in the last month. At the end of August, she was saying she thought $50,000 was adequate. Seeing Terri defending herself with a very competent attorney would be like waving a cape at a bull.

Frustration, for sure.

I don't think she had a plan for today...she just did the best she could...I don't think rewards are the answer in this case but I can see why she is frustrated about money issues...

I hope she is getting some solid counseling and help...she will be in for a terrible time of it, if this goes on and on and on...or worse, if Kyron is found deceased...I really don't think she is letting herself consider that at all...:(

well funds probably are not what she had hoped. They are running fundraisers to look for a baby and the person she believe is involved doesn't have to work as hard to get money. I am not saying that TH should not have money to defend herself, because she should. But from Desiree's perspective she has to practically beg for funds on behalf of her child and the stepmom only has to reach out to her parents.
Life is not fair and it is what it is, but still and all how could that NOT bother her? have the step grandparent donated to find Kyron? i don't know, but i sure hope that have donated a bundle.

From what I understood, no they have not. I think that was one of the questions and she said there was no support from them and that it was very disappointing.

***I may be wrong, but that's what I THOUGHT I heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
there always an answer