Family Press Conferences

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well funds probably are not what she had hoped. They are running fundraisers to look for a baby and the person she believe is involved doesn't have to work as hard to get money. I am not saying that TH should not have money to defend herself, because she should. But from Desiree's perspective she has to practically beg for funds on behalf of her child and the stepmom only has to reach out to her parents.
Life is not fair and it is what it is, but still and all how could that NOT bother her? have the step grandparent donated to find Kyron? i don't know, but i sure hope that have donated a bundle.

You seem to be completely misunderstanding what I was wondering about.

I didn't insinuate in any way that it shouldn't bother her. I didn't say it. I didn't insinuate it. I don't think it. I don't feel it.

Please note that all my notes are paraphrase only. I was typing as fast as I could. (Still missed a lot. :( )

Please wait for the video to get the exact wording on everything said.

I was going for speed vs accuracy :)

ETA: Desiree was clearly upset, very weepy. May have just worded things not as well as she wanted to. She was very, very emotional today.

BeanE, you either quoted her correctly or got very, very close. She did say that she decided to do the PC without Kaines support, I wrote it down.

I honestly don't blame her and am glad she is venting in public, she needs to.
She needs to keep Kyrons name out there, keep his face in the news, and keep giving us information to discuss.

We all know this child should be home by now and I'm surprised she hasn't nutted up before this.

Doesn't know if Oprah had an impact on the number of tips.

She's gone back to work. She travels a lot to deal with Kyron.

She can't go out and find Kyron. She wishes she could

She wants to get people stimulated to ... sorry lost what she was saying.

bbm
I've meant to explain something to those not familiar with OR so I'm glad she said that. Medford is approximately a 4 1/2 to 5 hour trip from Portland central. It's a straight shot on I-5, however, when you leave Medford you travel over 5 mountains to get to Portland. Two of them are more like what we Oregonians just call hills, even though they're named mountains. The other 3 are big mountain passes and it is not an easy drive. It is two lanes through all the mountains and there are of course semi's trying to get up and down those mountains. If it were winter and snowing you'd also have to chain up on some of them, and of course rain doesn't make the drive any easier either. I just wanted to let you guys know this because some people on here have talked like she could have just zipped up to see Kyron's sci. fare project, so I thought I'd just give you the lay of the land. It' is a beautiful drive between Medford and Roseburg, but it's an extremely mountainous one.

Never got to see it. How frustrating. Tried to get the Live Stream and got the Medical Marijuana discussion. I was ready ahead of time, and still didn't get to see it!

Thank You All for keeping me posted on what Desiree talked about. Sorry to hear she is so distraught, but she has a right to be.

You seem to be completely misunderstanding what I was wondering about.

I didn't insinuate in any way that it shouldn't bother her. I didn't say it. I didn't insinuate it. I don't think it. I don't feel it.
Didn't think you did at all bean.
I was just trying to answer your question.
I was talking about DY and why she might feel this way after time has passed and she sees that funds are not matching. IOW, maybe it was just triggered by time and enormous frustration. sorry if you thought I was directing something negative towards your question, I thought it was a good one which is why i tried to post my thoughts.

Reporter asks about increasing the reward: "Is there any thought of increasing the reward? I mean, $50,000 is a lot. But would you like to see some of the fundraising money going toward that? Do you think that will raise someone's awareness?"

Desiree responds: "I think if we get to that point, PERHAPS. I think $50,000 is a lot of money. I would pray and hope that.....of course, you know, ....I would hope someone would come forward regardless if money is involved. However, I think sometimes other people need a motivator to come forward and I think $50,000 is adequate........"
http://www.kptv.com/local-video/index.html?grabnetworks={videoid:4323183}

Something has obvioulsy changed since this statement...DY's words, not mine....I do feel for her for sure!

Yes, JBean, I understand that, of course.

I was wondering why now, it suddently got to her to the point where she held a press conference. If something happened that brought it to a head.

Me too. I just wonder what triggered this.

I am literally stunned after this presser, for several reasons. And oh, she is hurting so much. I hope she's getting counseling and lots of support from family and friends.

Well it is a Friday and now 17 weeks...over 4 months...I am sure she counts the days (and nights) in her head, if I do...that is enough reason.

She might just have realized that the 50.000 haven't been working and no one came forward with the crucial tip and brought Kyron home. So it's not enough to do what she wants it to.

I think part of the reason for DY's obvious frustration today is that the Gresham PD have declined to assist on the task force, due to lack of resources.

http://www.kptv.com/news/25243879/detail.html

If DY is aware of that news, I'm sure it scares her and worries her that local LE depts. don't have the funding to assist in the investigation.

My heart goes out to her.

I wonder if this set her back big-time and she has no control over that, but trying to up the reward, she could possibly help. I would be at a devastating loss reading this article if it were my child and would do what I could do:

On Thursday, the Gresham Police Department confirmed it did not join, citing a lack of resources. Its officers said they were "forced to decline because we simply don't have the manpower."Former Multnomah County sheriff’s Capt. Bruce McCain said that’s not a good sign.

http://www.kptv.com/news/25243879/detail.html

This article must have further broken her heart.

After thinking about everything she said, I think she called this presser to give one last plea to TH's friends and TH's family to just come forward with any information and if you don't have any information than please help us find Kyron with your support (financial), and if Desiree feels TH is telling any of her friends and family that she (TH) and/or Kyron were in anyway mistreated by Kaine, then Desiree knew she need to do this by herself, pleading as a mother, not a partner to Kaine and not a bitter ex-wife. I got no video on KATU, just sound and then it cut off and I had to switch to Kptv for the end, but her voice alone was heartache and desperation. :( I pray for her to be right about Kyron being alive.

I wish Terri would come out and just say something...just issue a written statement...say she misses Kyron...what would that hurt? I know, I get it she has lawyers, but still...this could go on forever :(

She might just have realized that the 50.000 haven't been working and no one came forward with the crucial tip and brought Kyron home. So it's not enough to do what she wants it to.

I was actually just thinking about the amount of the reward a couple of days ago. I'm surprised it isn't higher than it is. And, I do believe that a higher reward might have the desired effect.

If Joe-on-the-street sees Kyron and reports it, he isn't the one who cares about the amount of the reward. However, if somebody knows something, they could be putting themselves in a precarious situation by reporting it to LE. In such a case, enough money to assure themselves that whatever happens is worth it, or they can get far enough away to not worry, could be an incentive. JMO, of course.

Me too. I just wonder what triggered this.

I am literally stunned after this presser, for several reasons. And oh, she is hurting so much. I hope she's getting counseling and lots of support from family and friends.
what stunned you Kat010? That she had a presser or what she had to say or all of the above?

But how does someone with info about Kyron get around the fact that they are committing a crime already? They'd have to be in on it...and they couldn't collect from Belize or whereever...I just don't think rewards do the trick in this kind of case, anyone who knows where Kyron is is in it up to their necks...

I feel so bad for Desiree, she's a loving mom who is desperate to get her son back. Her pain and desperation are obvious. moo

I doubt that increasing the reward will bring any confessions - it usually doesn't. The task force needs money to operate and there isn't any; the investigative resources have been dried up in the search for one child, they must begin to think of the next child. She's seeing support for Terri, financial and emotional, and is upset about it. She is entitled to her feelings! :hug: moo

I would be feeling desperate at this point (the beginning of month 5) and would probably resent all monies that aren't going toward the search for my child. I could see myself begging judgmental america for help to bring my child home. moo mho

The reward was anonymous was it not? I wonder if KH, DY & TY know who donated it. I wonder if it was Intel, if not you'd think they would donate to the reward fund.

I have to keep reminding myself that Desiree is married to a detective. That being said, I'm guessing maybe Tony thinks an increase in reward may help also?

With this presser, it also would remind the other LE depts. that haven't decided to help to remind them about Kyron.

But how does someone with info about Kyron get around the fact that they are committing a crime already? They'd have to be in on it...and they couldn't collect from Belize or whereever...I just don't think rewards do the trick in this kind of case, anyone who knows where Kyron is is in it up to their necks...

I agree. If someone has info on where Kyron is, and has withheld that info from LE until the reward is high enough, I don't see how that person wouldn't be brought up on charges of some kind (even if they had nothing to do with his disappearance).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member