Family Press Conferences

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No parent should have to go through this. I have been feeling incredible sadness, anxiety and anger over Kyron's disappearance, so I cannot imagine what Desiree is going through, not in the slightest. She is fighting for her child in any way that she can.

I'm just thinking more about the funding, and it really does blow me away that over a million dollars was spent and there is no apparent result, i.e. actual evidence that Terri is the perp.

We don't know if there is evidence or not. LE is not releasing any evidence to the public. We cannot say as fact either there is or isn't evidence. We don't know.

Please remember that this is NOT Florida and we do NOT have Sunshine Laws. LE and the DA are not required to tell us a darn thing about what they know or don't know. I bet we will all be surprised in the end at how close they are to solving this right now. They are doing an excellent job of keeping their investigation sealed tight.

Please remember that this is NOT Florida and we do NOT have Sunshine Laws. LE and the DA are not required to tell us a darn thing about what they know or don't know. I bet we will all be surprised in the end at how close they are to solving this right now. They are doing an excellent job of keeping their investigation sealed tight.

Yea Gwenabob, As Sleuthers we are like sharks on the hunt to learn everything about crimes and solve the puzzle. I'm glad Oregon doesn't have a Sunshine Law. I am amazed at the giving of reams of info to the public, like in Caylee's case, and how it could affect the actual trial of the accused. I've never understood the reasoning behind that law.

And I am sure, whether Terri was involved or not, she already tried to convince Desiree and everyone else that she was not involved and they did not believe her.

or the empowerment she feels that she knows what no one seems to.

There's got to be some good reasons why they don't believe Terri, and think she has hidden Kyron. Hopefully there's more than what we've heard, like more specific complaints to friends, what she really asked them to do, things her teen heard, the true state of the marriage, more online conversations, online searches, etc. They couldn't have found too much evidence though, or Kyron would have been recovered by now. I think he's either deceased or put into an underground child safety program by a bunch of zealots.

Brilliantly stated as usual, Kat010. The emphasis in this case is just so weirdly off-kilter.

It's as though you read my thoughts. What I think is so very off kilter is that this entire time, LE has appeared to be "making a case", rather than looking for Kyron. I would hope that isn't so, but it's how it appears. I think DY initiated that focus from the instant she learned Kyron was missing. She has never to my knowledge, even considered the possibility that anyone other than Terri is responsible for Kyron's disappearance. And while KH expressed little concern about the alleged mfh plot that went nowhere, he seems to have been influenced enough to denounce his wife and seek a divorce.

One would hope that LE personnel had enough savvy to consider DY's state of mind and not allow her instincts to sway them, but I have my doubts.

That will be the compounding tragedy if Terri is not guilty of this atrocity.

fwiw, in the KATU link you can hear the reporters' questions. That really helped, because I now understand what she means about 'supporting Terri'. Initially, it sounded as though she was speaking in general --- and I found that confusing, as I've seen little support for Terri anywhere (her support group on FB, for example, is comprised of only a handful of active participants while the Kyron page has nearly 80,000). The questions put it in context. She's talking about Terri's parents supporting her. And I see nothing wrong or unusual about that, especially if they believe her innocent.

Do we know if the current reward money in place is from Kaine and Desiree or is it money from others?

I see in this post: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5647353&postcount=87"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2010.10.01 Press Conference 4 pm[/ame] that the reward money came from an anonymous donor.

I am totally annoyed by this presser. IMO, this was a total attack on Terri's parents, of which, was not necessary. It has yet to be proven that the Terri's parents even gave $350,000.00 to Terri's attorney. This presser was more about Terri, her family, her friends then Kyron.

IMO, the money from the fund raiser should have gone to increase the reward money.

Now I want to know how much money Desiree, Kaine and Tony's parents, relatives and friends contributed to the reward money to help find Kyron.

I am totally annoyed by this presser. IMO, this was a total attack on Terri's parents, of which, was not necessary. It has yet to be proven that the Terri's parents even gave $350,000.00 to Terri's attorney. This presser was more about Terri, her family, her friends then Kyron.

IMO, the money from the fund raiser should have gone to increase the reward money.

Now I want to know how much money Desiree, Kaine and Tony's parents, relatives and friends contributed to the reward money to help find Kyron.

The rumored 350K is just a drop in the bucket of what her whole defense will cost, once this goes to trial. And it will go to trial--of that I have no doubt.

I didn't see the presser as an attack on anyone.

All my opinion.

We don't know if there is evidence or not. LE is not releasing any evidence to the public. We cannot say as fact either there is or isn't evidence. We don't know.

But grandmaj, maybe the public can't say, but Gates said at a presser they have "a major ton of evidence". Although he didn't say who it points to, that is good enough for me that they do have evidence, a lot of it, is how I read it. Hopefully, it points to someone and an arrest will be made and there is a confession of where Kyron is.

I have to say that watching DY is heartbreaking. As a mother and grandmother, I can't begin to imagine the pain and utter frustration she is feeling.

But I do think she is making very serious mistakes by constantly attacking Terri and now Terri's parent and Terri's entire "circle". She is garnering animosity from these people by openly insulting their morals and ethics. Kyron is being lost in the Terri/Desiree drama.

Dy's pleas need to be aimed at the "unknown" person who has Kyron, the "unknown" person who knows what happened to Kyron. That person or persons have not been positively identified as yet, except in her own mind. There is nothing but suspicion that says someone in Terrii's circle of friends knows what happened to the little boy.

The problem I see with this is that she may well be silencing someone who just might have the smallest bit of information that solves this mystery. A person who has been publically accused of conspiring to kidnap a child or covering up for the culprit simply because she is a friend of DY's prime suspect, will not willingly subject herself to more public scrutiny. DY's unnamed "circle of friends" are all now under suspicion, unfairly and unnecessarily, not to mention unfruitfully.

No matter how much DY thinks TH is guilty, LE has not shown any evidence that this is the case. Until they do, I think DY would do well to refrain from the constant accusatory tone and try to appeal to the unknown perpetrator's confidantes. Beg, plead, cajole, pray for them...do not challenge or threaten. Whoever has Kyron has the upper hand, why antagonize them.

DY is a truly tragic figure...but her anger and confident certainty of the guilty party comes through in a manner that is not in Kyron's best interest. She needs to keep in mind that her son is at the mercy of those who MAY be among the ones she accuses. I pray God that this dear child is found soon and brought home to those who love him.

Dy's pleas need to be aimed at the "unknown" person who has Kyron, the "unknown" person who knows what happened to Kyron. That person or persons have not been positively identified as yet, except in her own mind. There is nothing but suspicion that says someone in Terrii's circle of friends knows what happened to the little boy.

snip/

No matter how much DY thinks TH is guilty, LE has not shown any evidence that this is the case.

Just because we, the public, don't have access to evidence doesn't mean that it's not there. Unlike us, Desiree does have access to the investigation and she and Kaine are being updated at least weekly on where it stands.

I do agree that Desiree should quit talking to Terri at the pressers, but not for the same reason as you. I don't like seeing Desiree pleading for Terri to come clean because I think that Terri gets off on seeing Desiree's misery.

All my opinion.

I was actually just thinking about the amount of the reward a couple of days ago. I'm surprised it isn't higher than it is. And, I do believe that a higher reward might have the desired effect.

If Joe-on-the-street sees Kyron and reports it, he isn't the one who cares about the amount of the reward. However, if somebody knows something, they could be putting themselves in a precarious situation by reporting it to LE. In such a case, enough money to assure themselves that whatever happens is worth it, or they can get far enough away to not worry, could be an incentive. JMO, of course.

I think the greatest value rewards have is in generating publicity about that particular case rather than in motivating anyone with guilty knowledge to confess.

I do think DY still believes Kyron is alive. So any publicity is good because if Kyron is ever taken out in public, he is more likely to be recognised by someone who sees him.

Remember that Stephen Staynor, Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee Dugard, Shawn Hornbeck and Natascha Kampusch were all taken out in public by their abductors. So if Kyron is being held by someone, it seems likely to me that he will be taken out in public.

I also think that a big reward is enough to capture the imagination of pre-teen kids. Kids see more than adults do and if anyone is likely to see Kyron, it would be another kid.

It isn't that a kid wouldn't turn in a tip if they saw Kyron without the reward but the more media attention, the more likely it is that a kid will see Kyron's picture. Otherwise, a kid who saw Kyron would just see another kid... another non-event in that particular child's world.

I do agree that DY should not really be attacking TH's parents publicly although as other posters have stated she appears to be desperate and I don't think she can be held accountable for these pleas of desperation. I'm just wondering if she thinks that she hasn't broken TH and maybe that by making her parents angry or more guilty or whatever they may put pressure on TH to own up to what DY believes she has done(?). I think, if this is the case, a personal meeting with them, or even a mediator, would have been far more effective (if there is anything they can, in fact, do) but again, Desiree is desperate. She is definitely not thinking clearly- who would be able to? I wonder how TY feels about this...Didn't see him the background.

I, too, just want to give her a hug. It is just heartwrenching to watch her. I don't know how she gets out of bed in the morning except that her desperation to find her son is empowering her to keep plodding forward when I might have just broken down if I was in her place. Pray God brings her peace soon. Clearly he is giving her the strength to carry on thus far.

Very succinctly put. From your perspective, do you think it would be fair to say that so far, there apparently isn't enough evidence for LE to arrest and charge TH?

Very succinctly put. From your perspective, do you think it would be fair to say that so far, there apparently isn't enough evidence for LE to arrest and charge TH?

You know, I don't know what evidence they have. However, with the blitz that the parents have done in naming Terri the suspect, the only suspect, the mastermind behind the whole thing, whatever evidence LE has is either going to support that, or blow that whole thing into tiny little pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roroho