Family Press Conferences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I can post the info here.

In Terri's photos...She says little K is just like her mother...a hoarder.

I haven't seen any evidence of hoarding in the photos I've seen of the Hormans' home--in fact, their home looks very tidy and well-cared for...

Exactly! As a self described hoarder Terri would need a storage facility for all her secret purchases from Kaine.

It was Kaine that complained about her excessive purschases.

My husband complains about my 'excessive' purchases as well, however he is a penny pincher and anything NOT necessary is excessive. For example: I bought a blue purse (really pretty-but I digress) his response was "why are you always buying useless carp? You already have a purse you don't need another one". I am not saying that TH wasn't a compulsive shopper, just that 'excessive' is a VERY subjective word. IMO and all that jazz of course.

Question, and I may have to put this in the verified lawyer thread BUT:

If the state wanted to prosecute TH for Kyron's death or w/e without a body would they have to have presume he was dead i.e. death in absentia ([ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_in_absentia[/ame]) according to Wikipedia (yeah I know, real reliable source there!) someone has to be missing for 7 years for that to occur.

Would the state have to wait 7 years then? Or if they do decide it was TH arrest and convict her on a lesser charge?

and onto why I posted this here:

Would Kyron's parent's (bio) have to agree to death in absentia? Or would they go ahead and do that with out them? AND if they still believe that he is alive (or at least KH does) how would that affect any other charges/conviction possibilities?

TIA

Question, and I may have to put this in the verified lawyer thread BUT:

If the state wanted to prosecute TH for Kyron's death or w/e without a body would they have to have presume he was dead i.e. death in absentia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_in_absentia) according to Wikipedia (yeah I know, real reliable source there!) someone has to be missing for 7 years for that to occur.

Would the state have to wait 7 years then? Or if they do decide it was TH arrest and convict her on a lesser charge?

and onto why I posted this here:

Would Kyron's parent's (bio) have to agree to death in absentia? Or would they go ahead and do that with out them? AND if they still believe that he is alive (or at least KH does) how would that affect any other charges/conviction possibilities?

TIA

They are not going to proceed with a murder charge without some evidence of death--Kyron's mere absence for 7 years might be enough to have him "declared" dead for certain purposes but it won't be enough to prove death "beyond a reasonable doubt."

A body is not necessarily required to prove death, although obviously it's the best evidence. Other evidence can work, e.g., a very large amount of blood in the victim's home.

Thanks, AZ, for that answer....

I know it's Florida, but I just want to say that Casey Anthony was charged with first-degree homicide two months before her daughter's remains were found.

Of course, the situation may be different, as far as evidence goes. I think that there was a good bit of evidence in Casey's car... the decomp smell, the hair with the death band, and the stain. Without anything being released in the Kyron case, it's impossible to know what kind of evidence the DA has.

It makes me sick first of all that Kyron was most likely killed, but also because Terri probably thinks that she outwitted detectives. I hope they have reams more evidence than they've let us know about.

Thanks, AZ, for that answer....

I know it's Florida, but I just want to say that Casey Anthony was charged with first-degree homicide two months before her daughter's remains were found.

Of course, the situation may be different, as far as evidence goes. I think that there was a good bit of evidence in Casey's car... the decomp smell, the hair with the death band, and the stain. Without anything being released in the Kyron case, it's impossible to know what kind of evidence the DA has.

It makes me sick first of all that Kyron was most likely killed, but also because Terri probably thinks that she outwitted detectives. I hope they have reams more evidence than they've let us know about.
The obvious case that comes to mind right now is the missing Utah woman, Susan Powell. She's been missing for almost a year and there is surely even less doubt about her husband Josh's guilt than Terri's. And Josh and his dad continue to act suspicious and despicable in public with no arrest.

It does seem like a missing child could pose more difficulties than a missing adult like Susan Powell. It can be very logically assumed that Susan is not with us anymore because she does not seem like the type of person who would leave her family. A child Kyron's age however would be a lot easier to hold against his will for many months or years so in his case the determination of death would be more speculative without Casey Anthony type evidence.

I have thought for a while that the reason Terri has not been arrested is that they cannot yet charge her for murder. I think LE has surmised that she wanted Kyron dead, and that Kyron is now gone, but they can't prove the actual act. I think they could convince the jury of a lesser involvement, but they want to wait until they can prove he is dead. For me, I continue to hope he is alive somewhere, and that Terri will lead the police to where he is when she comes to her senses.

Haven't been here much lately, so trying to catch up on some of the latest threads. Wow, Kaine said this! That is just awful, and to me not sure if he knows something about that fateful day Kyron went missing, i am presuming he does, to make such a statement. I'm sure Kaine and Desiree know much more than anyone of us on these forums, and we can only second guess these things that led up to this terrible circumstance. It reminds me of what Desiree said though a while back, if my memory serves me, something about Kyron being witness to something, that ''he saw it all''? Still not sure what all this could mean, and now with this statement from Kaine, goodness, it is all so horrible to even try to imagine, and then LE with their statement about knowing things they wish they didn't, maybe this somehow all ties in together?

Didn't Kaine say that Terri would spend excessive amounts of money on "nonsense"??

If these things were not at the "overly tidy" house...Where were they?

I wonder what the nonsense was. Maybe it was household decorations, gardening, or her interests. If I were seeing pics of the family before Kyron went missing I'd think it was one that didn't have a lot of money or had more monthly bills than they could handle. Pics of them all show unprofessional do it yourself haircuts and their clothes didn't look all that new or well dressed. Older pics of Terri look like she might have had facials, very good makeup, hair styling, and pretty blouses. The nonsense probably wasn't spent on Kyron.

"Look at every scenario that has him alive still today. Look at those scenarios and have your child witness another child have to go through that right in front of their face. It's horrific. I don't care how you describe it. So yeah, I think he's alive. I think it was an awful day. I sure hope that K**** didn't witness what happened that day, but I'm pretty confident she was there based on what we know. And that's a horrific thing for a child to have to witness."

If LE is prepping the parents by releasing those emails to them, to gear them up for the realization that Kyron is dead, what on earth could Kaine mean by this statement?

I admit to being about as confused as a person can get. But I've read this over and over in the past few hours and .... well.

Hi Debs, I'm confused too. He says he believes Kyron is still alive. And then he says he hopes the baby didn't see what happened to Kyron. What could be worse than seeing him die? Or what could it be that Kaine is referring to that happened to Kyron that day and the baby would have witnessed. I don't think the actual 'taking' of him would be traumatic for a baby to see as she wouldn't know what was happening, right?

I wonder what the nonsense was. Maybe it was household decorations, gardening, or her interests. If I were seeing pics of the family before Kyron went missing I'd think it was one that didn't have a lot of money or had more monthly bills than they could handle. Pics of them all show unprofessional do it yourself haircuts and their clothes didn't look all that new or well dressed. Older pics of Terri look like she might have had facials, very good makeup, hair styling, and pretty blouses. The nonsense probably wasn't spent on Kyron.

some of the fb pics show an INCREDIBLE amount of baby stuff. I had to look several times to see if I was seeing a preschool or someone's house. TONS of toys, etc. Neat, but a LOT.

Oh yeah. No doubt Terri was living vicariously through the baby. I'm sure there was nothing to superfluous or too expensive for that baby. Whatever Terri wanted, the baby got. MO>

So now we are going to pick apart every single sentence or word that the man says? Good grief, when does it stop being Kaine's fault that Terri caused Kyron's disappearance and/or possible murder? Yea, I imagine what baby K witnessed that day was horrific either if Kyron is dead or alive. If she saw him handed off to another person, a person she didn't recognize, don't you think that might cause her some sort of trauma? Can't you imagine for one second Terri pulling up and handing Kyron over to this stranger and Kyron kicking and screaming or God forbid had a blindfold over his eyes and tape over his mouth? Don't you think that might be just a tad bit traumatic for a baby that isn't even 2 years old at that point? What about if Terri took Kyron's glasses off? We already know that Kyron didn't see well without his glasses. Could he have been put of the vehicle without his glasses, stumbling around trying to feel his way along? Do you think baby K might have thought that was a game? I think she might have been plenty bothered seeing her big brother without his glasses and stumbling around. There are plenty of scenarios that fits exactly into what Kaine was saying. God help baby K if she witnessed her mother murdering her big brother. Is there a playbook that a missing child's parents are supposed to follow? If there is, I'd bet Kaine and Desiree would both love a copy of it just so they can appease all the people out there who want to second guess every single thing that they have done or every single word they have uttered. I imagine that both Kaine and Desiree will continue to hold out hope that Kyron is alive until they actually see his poor, little defenseless body laying decased on a gurney. ~JMO~

Hi Adrienne, That could be the case. But it also could be that the baby had been given some meds as she was coming down with a cold and was sleeping. I say that as at Freddies that was what Terri was supposedly doing. Maybe it was a ruse for an alibi and she already had some of it she had given to the baby.

Anyway, I don't think it is common for children to retain memories from age 2. I think 3 is when they have experiences they can recall later in life. That is just how I was and allot of people I know.

PS: I watched part of that interview live and even tho I feel so awful for Kaine and what he has suffered I didn't get a pang of empathy listening to what he said and his demeanor. Every person handles these type of things differently, but I got the sense of the business about doing the Presser from him, not the passion we as Sleuthers have so often seen, what with Desiree, Natalee's parents, Mark Lundsford, Ed Smart just as a tiny example. xox

Hi Debs, I'm confused too. He says he believes Kyron is still alive. And then he says he hopes the baby didn't see what happened to Kyron. What could be worse than seeing him die? Or what could it be that Kaine is referring to that happened to Kyron that day and the baby would have witnessed. I don't think the actual 'taking' of him would be traumatic for a baby to see as she wouldn't know what was happening, right?

I am just so afraid there is a "horrific" aspect to this case that we don't know about.

But it makes the pieces fall into place for me. What baby K could have seen (and Kyron still alive), Desiree saying "he saw it all", Terri so willing not to see baby K, her lawyers' silence--it all makes sense then. I hope I am wrong.

Also keep in mind this is Oregon. People dress down (I mean they dress casually) there, even the ones with money. You don't see tons of cutting edge or sleek hair there. Or at least I didn't. I'm from the Northeast and so I'm comparing it to what we see here, but when I've been in Oregon I've noticed the laid back style over and over, even in colleagues with similar positions as me making what I'm assuming are similar salaries to me.

On the other hand, those same colleagues drive much more expensive cars and trucks than I do! lol

I feel for Kaine because I think some simultaneous things are going on his thoughts. I say simultaneous because I don't think he can have one thought and not have the other at the same time. I think he's still working through this situation and trying to find some sense in it. I think he's hurting that he, this logical person, can't find the sense he wants and needs so badly to find.

I think he wants to believe Kyron is alive, but simultaneously knows he's probably dead.

I think he wants to believe baby K didn't see anything, but simultaneously fears she did see something.

I think having those feelings, that probably compete with each other on a daily basis, would screw up anyone when they go to talk about it. It's hard to be consistent when your thoughts and feelings are not consistent. We sit here, no missing child in our lives, and it's easy to be logical and reasonable in what we say. Just imagine having those conflicting feelings, and then think about how logical reasonable we would sound when asked to talk.

I'm just amazed he's able to keep it together and talk as much as he has. I don't know if I would be able to string sentences together and make any sense if this happened to me.

Didn't Kaine say that Terri would spend excessive amounts of money on "nonsense"??

If these things were not at the "overly tidy" house...Where were they?
In a frequently cited study, the women with compulsive buying most often bought clothes and described the utility of the clothes as helping them to take on a different identity. They also spoke of the clothes in sensual terms and how they felt when they touched different textures of fabrics. Krueger’s conclusion in this study was that compulsive buying was a means for these women to build self-esteem through purchasing.

Krueger, David W. (1988), "On Compulsive Shopping and Spending: A Psychodynamic Inquiry," American Journal of Psychotherapy, 42(October), 574-584.

If you are affiliated with a university (capable of logging into Club Med):
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3213846

Persons with CBD (Compulsive Buying Disorder) frequently meet criteria for:
Axis I disorders, particularly mood disorders (21-100%),
anxiety disorders (41-80%),
substance use disorders (21-46%), and
eating disorders (8-35%).
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1805733/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics