Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it bothers me that they mentioned reaching out to Al Sharpton. What does he have to do with this situation? This is NOT a racial issue..is it??????

Just before 4 p.m. Monday, Jahi McMath's family announced that they are filing a new complaint in federal court requesting a temporary restraining order and an injunction to keep the girl on life support.

"We are hopeful that one of these actions will forestall the hospitals rush to extinguish Jahi's chance at life," said Omari Sealey, Jahi's uncle.

Sealey said the family has located a New York care facility that has agreed to take Jahi and have contracted an air ambulance willing to help in the transfer.

"We have a doctor here in California who will be by her side throughout the transfer," Sealey said.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...ake-Jahi-McMath-off-Ventilator-237994871.html

@nicksmithnews
@nicksmithnews: #BREAKING judge extends TRO for family of #JahiMcMath through January 7th 5pm - 12 year old will remain on ventilator

JANUARY 7TH?!

I just can't... WHY???

This poor child. Actually, I believe Jahi is already in heaven so now I'm thinking "her poor siblings".

NBC Bay Area ‏@nbcbayarea 2m
#BREAKING: Temporary restraining order extension granted in #JahiMcMath case until Jan. 7.

:doh:

@nicksmithnews: #BREAKING attorney for family of #JahiMcMath confirms "we have a facility & air ambulance for Jahi."

Peace to you all. I'm gone for now. Is it wrong to hope this precious child not last until January 7? Please, let her go quietly and without the circus.

It says they have a doctor who will be by her side, door to door, throughout the transfer to NYC. Inherent in the transfer is having a new facility for her. They're not going to fly her to NYC without having a facility.

Yes it says they have found a doctor that would accompany her.

There is nothing "inherent" in their statements. They are most likely making things up as they go along. This was released on Twitter!

If the facility was real they would be informing the HOSPITAL not talking about it on Twitter!

Just before 4 p.m. Monday, Jahi McMath's family announced that they are filing a new complaint in federal court requesting a temporary restraining order and an injunction to keep the girl on life support.

"We are hopeful that one of these actions will forestall the hospitals rush to extinguish Jahi's chance at life," said Omari Sealey, Jahi's uncle.

Sealey said the family has located a New York care facility that has agreed to take Jahi and have contracted an air ambulance willing to help in the transfer.

"We have a doctor here in California who will be by her side throughout the transfer," Sealey said.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...ake-Jahi-McMath-off-Ventilator-237994871.html

Have they named the doctor? And has the facility in NY actually approved this? What insurance company will pay for this???

I'm sorry, I'm just... I don't even know what I am right now. Ugh.

Yes it says they have found a doctor that would accompany here.

There is nothing "inherent" in their statements. What facility said they would take her?

No idea what facility but atty claims they've found one:

@nicksmithnews: #BREAKING attorney for family of #JahiMcMath confirms "we have a facility & air ambulance for Jahi."

I know this sounds weird...but if Jahi's soul is already in heaven, maybe she can talk some sense into her family. Don't mean that in a disrespectful way at all.
They won't listen to anyone else...

Judge: McMath to remain on life support until Jan. 7th

KTVU.com

OAKLAND, Calif. —

A judge has extended the deadline to pull 13-year-old Jahi McMath from life-support until January 7th.

The hospital was set to disconnect the ventilator, keeping the girl declared “brain-dead” alive, at 5 p.m. Monday.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/judge-mcmath-remain-life-support-until-jan-7th/ncYYk/

WHAT IS WONG WITH THIS JUDGE? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm surprised at everyone who is disappointed that the family was issued another order to keep her on life support for another week.

I think that we are all in agreement that Jahi is brain dead.

She won't get any more dead, just as she won't get any better.

Jahi is not suffering but her family is. No matter when Jahi finally is taken off life support and laid to rest, it doesn't effect anyone negatively to keep her on for another week...does it??

I know this sounds weird...but if Jahi's soul is already in heaven, maybe she can talk some sense into her family. Don't mean that in a disrespectful way at all.
They won't listen to anyone else...

Sigh. Well if they can pay for the move and find an insurance company to pay for her day-to-day care at the facility, then I suppose let them. It's just sad to see people in such denial.

They're going to be keeping her on "life support" for months while feeding her siblings false hope that she'll wake up one day. This is time that could be used to get the kids some counseling to help them overcome their grief.

I've thought about Jahi almost every moment of every day while looking at my own children. I'm saddened that her family doesn't feel ready to let her go.

We need to tell our loved ones it's okay to leave when it's their time. We need to be ready to face those truths whether it's our own time as well.

I won't pretend to understand what Jahi's mother & family is going through. I can only hope that if a time like that should ever come that I have the strength in my heart and soul to do the right thing for my loved one.

Sealey put out on Instagram on Sunday that "we are going to fight until the very last second." And Chatman told NBC Bay Area on Monday that she is sure "Jahi will live."

She will not have much quality of life according to these doctor's notes:

http://media.nbcbayarea.com/documents/Fisher+-+Redacted+Rpt_1.pdf

I'm done.

It's been a fun run with y'all. I enjoyed reading from the people in the medical professions AND everyone else. But I can't do this any more. If anyone cares to PM me when her heart goes out I'd really appreciate it. But I'm done here. I was praying that the family would be able to come to terms with what happened but you can't pray for miracles.

No idea what facility but atty claims they've found one:

He "claimed" the same thing on Friday. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members