Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cristina Rendon ‏@Cristina_Rendon 1m
Children's Hospital attorney says there's nothing to report from what happened in fed. court bc it's confidential #jahimcmath @KTVU

Andria Borba ‏@andria_borba 57s
"I have nothing to tell you," Christopher Dolan, #JahiMcMath pic.twitter.com/HnVwce5GEB

Justine Waldman ‏@JustineWaldman 49s
Family of #JahiMcMath and their attorney, "today is about clarity." @kron4news pic.twitter.com/gl9sZ2mFmL

Andria Borba ‏@andria_borba 1m
"I have nothing to tell you," Christopher Dolan, #JahiMcMath pic.twitter.com/HnVwce5GEB

Were there any witnesses mentioned in any of the articles who could corroborate that it was said? No. That makes it hearsay, which makes it unsuitable evidence for trial or, for that matter, debate. And it's malicious because it seeks to impugn a health care professional's character; it's antagonistic because the hearsay was reported in the context of an emerging lawsuit for monetary damages and would have *no* bearing on the moral/legal issue at the center of this case.

But you said since there is no link. I'm assuming link as in MSM link.
That does not mean there were no witnesses. Just that its not in the media.

It's not malicious or antagonistic if its true.

JMO

Andria Borba ‏@andria_borba 59s
"We are confident that we will achieve our objective," says #JahiMcMath attorney Christopher Dolan @CBSSF

Jahi McMath's mom clear to take her from hospital

KCRA.com
updated 1 hour 10 minutes ago

A judge said Friday that the mother of a 13-year-old girl who was declared brain dead after tonsil surgery can remove her daughter from a California hospital if she assumes full responsibility for the consequences.

Alameda County Superior Court Judge Evelio Grillo said Jahi McMath can be transferred under a deal with the Children's Hospital Oakland that will hold Nailah Winkfield accountable for developments that could include Jahi going into cardiac arrest.

The hospital has argued since before Christmas that Jahi's brain death means she is legally dead and she should be disconnected from the ventilator that has kept her heart pumping for 3 1/2 weeks.

Winkfield, refusing to believe her daughter is dead as long as her heart is beating, has gone to court to stop the machine from being disconnected. She wants to transfer Jahi to another facility after forcing Children's Hospital to fit her daughter with breathing and feeding tubes or allowing an outside doctor to perform the surgical procedures...

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/53975238/...ths-mom-clear-take-her-hospital/#.Usd4EJWA3X5

She's being moved right???
The bed will be available soon right???

It's not like the family is demanding she stay there. They have been trying to get her away from there. They believe the hospital is incompetent and that they seriously hurt their child.

She can't be moved to another facility, none will take her. The parents can take her home, but it doesn't appear they want to go that route. And they won't allow her to be moved to a funeral home, where she belongs.

So we have several more days until the restraining order expires... and who knows, they might find a judge who will extend it.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk HD

She's being moved right???
The bed will be available soon right???

It's not like the family is demanding she stay there. They have been trying to get her away from there. They believe the hospital is incompetent and that they seriously hurt their child.

Unless the family moves her as is then no, she will remain at CHO. The judge denied the procedures the family was asking the hospital to preform. And without those procedures no other facility will take her. So she remains as she's been on the vent at CHO. The order requiring the hospital to keep her hooked up to the vent expires on Monday (I believe). Whether CHO will remove the vent or not at that point is unknown at this point.

"Right now I don't think there are any obstacles. There were a hell of a lot more of them this morning," #JahiMcMath atty Dolan. @CBSSF

Andria Borba ‏@andria_borba 30s
No further settlement discussions this weekend in #JahiMcMath @CBSSF

The TRO expires Monday at 5pm. I haven't seen a ruling to extend it, unless Dolan appeals again and they give the family another week. But... idk, it's been three weeks now, and they have claimed over and over that they have a) a facility willing to take her, b) transportation to said facility,c) doctors/staff to treat her, and d) a surgeon who is willing to perform the surgeries necessary to transport her.

Yet nobody has contacted CHO to make arrangements to move this poor child.

They're almost out of time on the ventilator order. I think, if they want to keep her "functioning" (shuddering to even type that), they need to stop with the privacy/civil rights claim, or postpone it, and get moving on another stay to keep the vent going. Honestly, I don't think the judge will extend the TRO again. It's gone too far, and the family hasn't delivered on what Dolan said they would. IMO.

She can't be moved to another facility, none will take her. The parents can take her home, but it doesn't appear they want to go that route. And they won't allow her to be moved to a funeral home, where she belongs.

So we have several more days until the restraining order expires... and who knows, they might find a judge who will extend it.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk HD

I guess we shall see.
All we can do is wait.

BBM: To me, that makes it all the worse, and it *does* raise the possibility that the 'availability of one bed' could mean the difference between life and death for another child if that child has need to the care that only a Level 1 pediatric trauma center can provide. :(

Georgia (where I live) has only *one* level 1 pediatric trauma center serving the entire state. There is also 1 level 2 pediatric trauma center. Alabama doesn't have one and South Carolina doesn't have one so the Georgia center takes patients from there as well. Maybe there are fewer pediatric trauma patients per capita in California than there are here in the Southeast, but I would be very surprised.

http://www.facs.org/trauma/verified.html
:clap::tyou:

Andria Borba ‏@andria_borba 2m
"It's very hard dealing with it. But, every time I see her, it gives me power to push forward," #JahiMcMath's mother. @CBSSF

When I am in my car I can get a SF am radio station, KCBS. Late this afternoon they were talking about the federal court 'meeting' as they referred to it. The newscaster said that he was told off the record by his sources that the main topic has been the stalemate over the request for feeding tube and breathing tube. He said that neither side is wavering and are at odds with no resolution in sight. I don't see how this can be easily resolved.

eta: i just saw the recent tweet by Dolan, saying there are no more obstacles...Hmmmm...makes no sense.

Justine Waldman ‏@JustineWaldman 1m
#JahiMcMath's mother, "if I thought my daughter was suffering I would let her go." @kron4news

"If I felt my child was suffering in any kind of way, I wouldn't keep her on that machine," #JahiMcMath's mother. @CBSSF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GemGemma01