Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funniest thing... the reporters were getting ready to finish up, the light was dimming... Dolan says, you might want to get what I am going to say as I finish up. Then he talks for another 10 minutes and really didn't say anything earth shattering

Was that before or after her brain damage? As I understand her brain swelled after the resucitation attempt and the brain damage occured.

Yes, just misdirection. It as mentioned upthread that she was initially resuscitated but then became brain dead, presumably due to damage that began then and increased. jmo

eta: and it was mentioned that that was according to her mother and, irrc, before the lawyer got involved. So likely the most truth that's been told since. jmo

Justine Waldman ‏@JustineWaldman 5m
"This is not the end for #Jahi. This is the beginning," @cbdlaw - @kron4news #BREAKING #TeamJahi

Kris Vera-Phillips ‏@queenkv 35s
WATCH @nbcbayarea @ 11 RT @MonteReports Atty says 12 hours from now #JahiMcMath should be situated,have her needs met pic.twitter.com/qqWu7h39nC

He said the CHO put Jahi on the donor list... what?

This will fuel fire to those that think hospitals kill people with brain damage but who are still alive for their organs.

I wonder how does organ donation work? I thought they had to ask permission of the next of kin?

He may have been referring to a suction canister or large graduated canister. They look similar to small buckets without a handle. If Jahi needed something to spit blood into something was very wrong.

Not necessarily. Hospitals encourage patients to spit everything rather than to ingest it. When my son had minor oral surgery they said even the tiniest bit of blood could cause him to vomit if he swallowed it instead of spitting it out, so they gave him a little green bowl. It came in handy later when he started vomiting a ton, suddenly, and the little green bowl was right there. The nurses heard and came rushing with a bigger container.

My husband vomited a lot after his tonsillectomy as a child and it slowed his healing.

Edit: your edit changes everything! Ignore my post.

I am glad that Jahi is with her Mother and out of the clutches of the hospital.

this reminds me of the penelope pitstop cartoon. Dick Dastardly and his evil clutches lol

Seriously, though. The hospital could.not.wait for her/them to be gone out of there, imo. I bet there are a lot of PICU patient parents breathing huge sighs of relief as well.

jmo

I have a very disgusted 16yr old- who left 5 minutes into the pony show.

What I can post of what he said was " How many kids died in 26 days that could have been saved by CHO? I want to know" and "they ruined at least 8 medical professionals' mental health by forcing them to care for someone who should have been in the ground, safely in God's arms".

He is in tears- a combination of anger and relief

He may join us soon- he's thinking about it

eta: the word selfish was tossed around quite a bit

This will fuel fire to those that think hospitals kill people with brain damage but who are still alive for their organs.

I wonder how does organ donation work? I thought they had to ask permission of the next of kin?

They get around to the permission part eventually.

Not necessarily. Hospitals encourage patients to spit everything rather than to ingest it. When my son had minor oral surgery they said even the tiniest bit of blood could cause him to vomit if he swallowed it instead of spitting it out, so they gave him a little green bowl. It came in handy later when he started vomiting a ton, suddenly, and the little green bowl was right there. The nurses heard and came rushing with a little container.

My husband vomited a lot after his tonsillectomy as a child and it slowed his healing.

To me when the Dolan puts it that way - this child was bleeding and the nurses just gave her bigger buckets and and let her bleed all day could be quite frightening to families who are planning to use CHO. Nurses just let you bleed without concern. Doctors want to turn off your vent when it is convenient for them. Lord help us for every word he is saying right now to a fearful anxious mother.

Can CHO recover from this?

The entire introduction of the Organ Harvesting scare story into this case is revolting to me.

As well, other causes/campaigns which have purportedly been relevant; but imo, they appeared ONLY because of the agendas their supporters wanted to promote on fertile soil that the case (read: family/lawyer) laid-out in the media.

A stage was $et, and they came.

~strictly jmo~

Kris Vera-Phillips ‏@queenkv 35s
WATCH @nbcbayarea @ 11 RT @MonteReports Atty says 12 hours from now #JahiMcMath should be situated,have her needs met pic.twitter.com/qqWu7h39nC

So who is going to care for her over the next 12 hours? Nurses at CHO have been massaging her, filing her IV, monitoring her etc. Can a nurse or doctor here say whether not having these needs met for 12 hours until she arrived at the new facility is likely to have an impact?

Yes, the hospital would need permission.
Some people are registered donors. But Jahi obviously wasn't since she was a minor.

this reminds me of the penelope pitstop cartoon. Dick Dastardly and his evil clutches lol

Seriously, though. The hospital could.not.wait for her/them to be gone out of there, imo. I bet there are a lot of PICU patient parents breathing huge sighs of relief as well.

jmo

Yes, I'm so glad that those poor PICU staff are free of that awful family. Not to mention the other patients and their poor families. I can't imagine the venom coming out of the parents and lawyers mouths in private if what we hear in public is anything to go by.

Did anyone else find it weird that Dolan kept saying to Omari "Why don't you tell them about that." ? It seemed almost like a schtick, or like I was watching two buddies discuss events. Something was just weird to me. jmo

To me when the Dolan puts it that way - this child was bleeding and the nurses just gave her bigger buckets and and let her bleed all day could be quite frightening to families who are planning to use CHO. Nurses just let you bleed without concern. Doctors want to turn off your vent when it is convenient for them. Lord help us for every word he is saying right now to a fearful anxious mother.

Can CHO recover from this?

Can the area children recover without a Level 1 trauma unit and research hospital? If it goes down, the whole area loses, imo

Did anyone else find it weird that Dolan kept saying to Omari "Why don't you tell them about that." ? It seemed almost like a schtick, or like I was watching two buddies discuss events. Something was just weird to me. jmo

CYA Dolan method, imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member