Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else watching Nancy Grace. Honestly she is feeding this circus. I am very disappointed in her tonight.

Uncle and lawyer are on NG.

eta same song and dance

Even if Jahi were not brain dead, as critical as her condition is/was, feeding her would be least important in terms of her care.

Right, I agree. I was just beside myself from that statement the family made. They are saying now the hospital has starved her to death.

This is just icky.

Squeezing hands? I wonder if any of the hand squeezers have noticed that her body temperature is low and she feels cool.

Hard to understand how she would respond to voices when the auditory cortex is in a soup-like condition and there is no brain to recognize sound or any neuronal integrity to intiate motor neurons.

Am thinking there may be a possibility of degloving of the hands due to squeezing.

Squeezing hands? I wonder if any of the hand squeezers have noticed that her body temperature is low and she feels cool.

When I was a child and my grandfather had passed (under very similar family dynamics as we have with the McMath's), I watched many family members go in and kiss on my grandfather and hold his hand. Some even climbed into the stretcher with him and talked to him, hugged him, a cuddling type ordeal. Then, the children of the family were forced into the room to do the same. It's a moment I won't ever forget, but with time (a good amount) I understood why it was so hard for those in my family to let him go. I also understand how hard it is for Jahi's mother to admit that she is gone, that is if she isn't playing this out for financial reasons.

I seriously wonder about the wellbeing of the other McMath children, and their relatives.

There is a picture on Omari's instagram account that shows him holding Jahi's hand. When I saw it, and I don't know when it was actually taken, I remember thinking "I wonder if her nails are painted because death is starting to show there?" and "There is a bright pink band aid there; I wonder if there was an accident and the nail came off in the process (manicure)?"

The one thing that won't ever leave my mind are the hands of my grandfather when he had passed. I also won't forget how much makeup they had put on them when he was in his casket.

After reading the conditions of Jahi from Dr. Heidi, I have zero doubt in my mind that Jahi is exhibiting more than a few signs of death, and I really hope that something is in place for the children of the family when this all sinks in.

Yes. She looks like the kind of happy kid you'd like to sit next to, and someone who would be fun to talk to.

Makes my heart hurt even writing this.

I wish the family would tell the public more wonderful stories and memories about her. But that's my fantasy, I suppose.

I liked the stories about how they nicknamed her "Mama Jahi", because she was so good with her younger sibs and little kids. I also loved the story about how she would carefully iron her siblings school uniforms, so they would look sharp. And how she liked to match her nail colors to her outfits, etc. It seems like she was just such a good kid. It's just so hard to see all this playing out like this.

She won't even have privacy in her eventual autopsy.

I am only on page 2 of this thread - JUST HOW can a coroner release a DEAD body to a family??????? Can someone from the legal field respond, please?

I am really pizzed at the coroner!!! At this point it is his/her snafu....

This could set precedence for the future? We all could get our "brain dead" family members RELEASED BY THE CORONER??????? And then ????? OMG, think people...of the ramifications.

WHY is no one questioning the coroner??? TIA, and IMO

CHO would notify the coroner's office when death was recorded in the chart, probably on Dec 12. The hospital can only release the body to the coroner or a funeral home. Since she wasn't going to a funeral home, they had to "release the body", which meant the coroner had to sign to accept the body. To then allow the family to take her, as per the court agreement, the coroner then would have to have the family sign for the release of remains.

This is a pretty exceptional occurence that has been vetted by the court, so I don't see any outrage or error. The courts would still have to be involved in any future cases.

Anyone else watching Nancy Grace. Honestly she is feeding this circus. I am very disappointed in her tonight.

I couldn't watch I had to turn it. My feelings exactly.

In the ER, we would use wash basins for patients to throw up in, which are larger than the emesis (kidney shaped) basins. Maybe that is the bucket they are referring to?

I never want to see another wash basin that contains an inch deep or more blood in it.

Have you been reading Nancy Grace's tweets or listened to her comments.

So she blames the hospital and the doctors. Okay....called it a simple tonsillectomy. It does not look like she did any reseach at all.

Am thinking there may be a possibility of degloving of the hands due to squeezing.

Nah. The skin is only breaking down in dependent positions where it is in constant contact with the bed - lower back, buttocks- just like in bed confined nursing home patients who don't get good bedsore prevention care.

Nope! :snooty: She has been off. Give her a few days for viewers to send her some facts. Maybe then she will see the true victim. :twocents:

Have you been reading Nancy Grace's tweets or listened to her comments.

So she blames the hospital and the doctors. Okay....called it a simple tonsillectomy.

She is sickening tonight. I have been a fan since Caylee went missing. No more she is so uninformed and feeding this circus. Disgusting.

The grandmother should at least be able to accurately use the term "emesis basin". I'm quite sure the medical record will document that.

I would guess the "bucket" was actually a graduated cylinder of the same type
used to empty urinary collection bags.

Interesting little side note...I live in a VERY conservative part of Colorado...Focus on the Family and all that....very very pro life regardless. One of the news channels posted on this story today and out of 35 comments only 2 were taking the position that she is alive. The rest, for the most part, are about where most on here are.

Woah, you guys. What a day! I think I'm mostly caught up! I've had a very long day and seems like you all had a busy one!

What a freaking mess.

Where is Jahi's body now? Any guesses?

It will likely be a cardia arrythmia

And are they gonna jump on her chest at this facility and do CPR when that happens? Use the defibrillator? Flog her weak heart with drugs? Crack her chest? Where does it stop?

Maybe the talking heads could ask some of these questions, since the family wants to talk to the media several times a day, and simultaneously ask for privacy.

She is sickening tonight. I have been a fan since Caylee went missing. No more she is so uninformed and feeding this circus. Disgusting.

She completely cut the doctor off when he was trying to explain the bleeding. Did not want to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme