Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course the hospital hasnt made it clea..claiming HIPPA...So Story's can very..BUT FACTual things..Jahi was sitting up in her bed when family entered..and she suddenly started initially to seep blood from nose and mouth...and whomever handed the K-basin suggested..this is normal..Then within a short period..Bleeds out..Why should this family be required to clean up that blood..Why should this family ever have to do anything?? Who was (medically) actually in attendence??..Did they ever call for Medical emergency help ( nurse attendent)?? When was Code called?? AFter she bleed out??

ICU bedside nursing understand how deteriorations..bleeding outs or crashings of vital signs work..You dont wait for Cardiac arrest before ya call for help..And Im talking way back.....Im truly qustioning this so called ICU care at CHO??? :scared:

So, have you read the medical records? Have you interviewed the PICU nurses?

Why are you making up a scenario based upon hearsay?

Of course the hospital hasnt made it clea..claiming HIPPA...So Story's can very..BUT FACTual things..Jahi was sitting up in her bed when family entered..and she suddenly started initially to seep blood from nose and mouth...and whomever handed the K-basin suggested..this is normal..Then within a short period..Bleeds out..Why should this family be required to clean up that blood..Why should this family ever have to do anything?? Who was (medically) actually in attendence??..Did they ever call for Medical emergency help ( nurse attendent)?? When was Code called?? AFter she bleed out??

ICU bedside nursing understand how deteriorations..bleeding outs or crashings of vital signs work..You dont wait for Cardiac arrest before ya call for help..And Im talking way back.....Im truly qustioning this so called ICU care at CHO??? :scared:

They aren't "claiming" HIPAA, they are respecting Jahi's HIPAA rights. If they were to blast her medical condition and care, do you not think they would be sued by the family?

I also appreciate the explanations of the medical terms. I really did not understand the difference between brain dead and vegetative state until this case.

I have the utmost sympathy for this family's loss of their child. Her beautiful smiling face will stay with me for a long time.

That said, I just can't buy into the idea that the doctors and nurses in a a hospital setting failed in their jobs by ignoring or neglecting a bleeding child. Whatever went wrong, there is no doubt in my mind that these medical professionals did everything in their power to save this girl.

So, have you read the medical records? Have you interviewed the PICU nurses?

Why are you making up a scenario based upon hearsay?

Not only is that hearsay why are we leaving out the part where the family used the suction. 2 family members admitted to using the suction. That alone is troublesome and could of caused problems. There is plenty that we can blame the family for using their own words. But still it's only one side to the story. Just as easy as it is to blame the hospital we don't know their side of the story and honestly their reputation is very good. We really need to hold off the blaming til it all comes out in court.

If thats truly how you feel..Then as a human being how does anyone assimilate treating a brain dead child like a DEAD animal..Surely humans treat other humans better..with respect and dignity..treating family with respect and dignity..allowing grievings and ability to deal with all that...BUT obviously since Brain death was declared back Dec 12th.....how come it wasnt until Dec. 23rd did the family finally reachoutside of that facility? Could it be they felt lied to..COuld it be they felt they were responsable..COuld it be they felt disenfranchised??/ Then after almost 2 weeks..reach out..and WAM BAM..For some folks They are on some sort of "Cashing in of their daughters situations" I find it a rather awkward ..This is not the first Child death post surgery...Medical malparactice often gets hidden..and further..What the family said couldnt have been contrived..as HOW would they know what to say..They are uneducated in such stuff....BUT certain descriptions raised a whole lot of flags for me....

sbm

fyi The uncle started on his twitter campaign on 12/13.

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 13 Dec
Please #Repost if you don't mind I need as many thoughts & prayers as possible. This is killing me &… http://instagram.com/p/h36csvIph6/

They aren't "claiming" HIPAA, they are respecting Jahi's HIPAA rights. If they were to blast her medical condition and care, do you not think they would be sued by the family?

You are incorrect on that. There were several studies done, all mentioned by Dr. Paul Fisher of Stanford in his report to the court on Dec. 23.

The SPECT Perfusion scan is considered the most definitive way to evaluate for blood flow and this perfusion scan showed no blood flow to the brain.

You seem to indicate there should have been angiograms. Angiograms were not done because they are not sensitive enough and are invasive by themselves. They are also not included as part of the documented medical criteria for brain death.

If the head of Neurology at Stanford, who was chosen by the mother as an independent expert, agrees there is no blood flow to the brain, and she fails all other tests, including the test for apnea, then that is certainly enough for me.

Nope ..BUT many are declaring there is NO perfusion to the brain thus decompositions..I have not seen any such tests ever being done..Then when Dr. Fisher tried to assess..CHO blocked him claiming he wasnt authorized..Whatevers...

Please point out to me such a test or study done on Jahi's brain by this Standford Neurologist..I cannot seem to locate that...TYIA :seeya:

What? Who "required" the family to clean up any blood??

Do you have a source for that accusation?

"Why should this family ever have to do anything?"

What is different about this family, than any other PICU family? Are they different than any other PICU family? I am really not following any of your explanations.

I'm a nurse. I'm confused about your understanding of the state of health that most PICU/ICU patients are in. Patients in ICU/PICU DIE all of the time, in many different ways. They are in ICU because their is something very precarious and fragile, hence, critical, about their medical condition. You could have 10 nurses, 10 doctors and a partridge in a pear tree watching over one patient, and yet, they will still die. Ever watch a pulmonary embolism? In my case, about 8 people in the room, time of death within approximately 3-5 minutes. Bleedouts happen in minutes too. Medical professionals do their best, but there are no guarantees when it comes to the human body. The assumption that the child's death is due to medical negligence is baffling and VERY premature.

My mom's ashes have yet to be scattered. Now I'm wondering, should I make her some soup?

I can not stop laughing at this. Poor Sheckys mom! I'm still trying to get over SeattleChiquita's nut for every bolt reference from earlier. A little levity goes a long way in here!!

It will be very interesting to see how the physicians, the nurses, and the facility currently taking care of Jahi's physical shell explain how they comply with current standards of inpatient care if they want to contend she is not deceased.

There is a helluva lot of documentation to be done and they may, themselves, find that they are charged with being negligent and providing therapies that are below the standard of care or outside the parameters allowed by their licensing and accreditation agencies.......

I going to steer clear of the medical stuff.
I just find it beyond concerning a child in ICU can bleed to death. IMO that just shouldn't happen after this surgery, in an ICU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITA. Many highly trained people failed this child miserably. :twocents:

Nope ..BUT many are declaring there is NO perfusion to the brain thus decompositions..I have not seen any such tests ever being done..Then when Dr. Fisher tried to assess..CHO blocked him claiming he wasnt authorized..Whatevers...

Please point out to me such a test or study done on Jahi's brain by this Standford Neurologist..I cannot seem to locate that...TYIA :seeya:

Harmony has linked it here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #6

Can I have the links to the FACTS that have apparently been released that I missed?:
1. she "suddenly started initially to seep blood from nose and mouth"
2. "whomever" handed the basin and stated "this is normal"
2. her family was REQUIRED to clean up the blood
3. and finally that NO ONE was in attendance to refute these allegations by the family

I just want to make sure I am sticking to the FACTS as you've stated these are - as these sound vaguely familiar to a recollection of events as interpreted by the family.

sbm

fyi The uncle started on his twitter campaign on 12/13.

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 13 Dec
Please #Repost if you don't mind I need as many thoughts & prayers as possible. This is killing me &… http://instagram.com/p/h36csvIph6/

Reaching ut for prayers is a far cry from seeking support and funds..media didnt pick it up until just prior to court hearing to force CHO to decease and Desist from pulling plug...Sorry..Bloggers always see asking for prayers for their loved ones..That is far different than media Blitz to gain attentions...

easy to blame the family isnt it????????????:banghead:

I have not seen any such tests ever being done..Then when Dr. Fisher tried to assess..CHO blocked him claiming he wasnt authorized..Whatevers...

:

CHO certainly complied with Dr. Fisher's examination. This was by mutual agreement between CHO and the mother, in court documents.

Would you please provide the proof that "CHO blocked him claiming he wasn't authorized"? I'm sure it would be informative to the court.

I have a medical question for KZ, Herat and anyone who might know:

When you have a pediatric patient who suddenly starts hemorrhaging from an ENT surgery like this, how do you stop the bleeding? If a patient can bleed out in 3 minutes (180 seconds), what do you do first, providing the bleed is arterial in the back of the throat? I understand the resuscitate efforts like fresh frozen plasma, o neg blood, I've fluids for volume. How do you stop the bleeding in 180 seconds? TIA

Once the information on the Top Secret Life Loving Longterm Care center who takes care of brain death people for free comes out, I'd love to see how they handle the next one, and the next one, and the next one......

Insurance certainly won't be reimbursing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member