Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope ..BUT many are declaring there is NO perfusion to the brain thus decompositions..I have not seen any such tests ever being done..Then when Dr. Fisher tried to assess..CHO blocked him claiming he wasnt authorized..Whatevers...

Please point out to me such a test or study done on Jahi's brain by this Standford Neurologist..I cannot seem to locate that...TYIA :seeya:

Dr. Fisher wasn't blocked, he's the doctor from Stanford, Chief of Pediatric Neurology.

If you're talking about Dr. Byrne, he isn't a neurologist and wasn't qualified.

Reaching ut for prayers is a far cry from seeking support and funds..media didnt pick it up until just prior to court hearing to force CHO to decease and Desist from pulling plug...Sorry..Bloggers always see asking for prayers for their loved ones..That is far different than media Blitz to gain attentions...

easy to blame the family isnt it????????????:banghead:

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 14 Dec
This hospital has been so unfair to us, so I called & emailed every Bay Area News Crew and Channel 2… http://instagram.com/p/h7bnUtIplP/

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 14 Dec
Tune into Channel 7 ABC news at 11pm tonight http://instagram.com/p/h7tRSdIpq4/

In this news article from 12/24... I wondered about this at the time but then forgot about it. In this photo of mom and grandmom going into court, the mom is holding what looks like a bag full of rx's. ??

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/teen-ja...nsil-surgery-court-appointed-doctor-confirms/

If they were the childs meds, she was taking a boatload and that doesnt imply to me a healthy child. I dont see any reason her mother would take anyone else's meds to court.......

You would not BELIEVE what my fellow nurses and I have removed from guests entering the various ICU units in a Level One trauma center... And don't even get me started on the pizza delivery dudes. Some people who hadn't spoken for days could manage to dial Domino's. :)

Their online ordering system works great (or at least did the last time I used it 4+ years ago) :innocent:

Please point out to me such a test or study done on Jahi's brain by this Standford Neurologist..I cannot seem to locate that...TYIA :seeya:

RSBM: Fisher's report has been included in a few posts throught the threads for this; he did a SPECT...which re-inforced CHO findings.

AFAIAC, The report filed by Dr Flori in the federal court explains in detail that she is indeed decomposing.

Nope ..BUT many are declaring there is NO perfusion to the brain thus decompositions..I have not seen any such tests ever being done..Then when Dr. Fisher tried to assess..CHO blocked him claiming he wasnt authorized..Whatevers...

In case you missed it here is the link again:

http://media.nbcbayarea.com/documents/Fisher+-+Redacted+Rpt_1.pdf

Reaching ut for prayers is a far cry from seeking support and funds..

Yes, reaching out for prayers is a far cry from seeking support and funds.

So you agree that Uncle Omari was reaching out for funds when he asked for dollars?

Reaching ut for prayers is a far cry from seeking support and funds..media didnt pick it up until just prior to court hearing to force CHO to decease and Desist from pulling plug...Sorry..Bloggers always see asking for prayers for their loved ones..That is far different than media Blitz to gain attentions...

easy to blame the family isnt it????????????:banghead:

You know the uncle is doing CNN and such?

Seems the bleeding is common... really common.
About.com Post Operative Bleeding After Tonsillectomy

True - any oral surgery has huge bleeding risks. I know I go on and on about my son's oral surgery (molars) because it was a bloody disaster. The bleeding wouldn't stop, he was swallowing blood (which he vomited up), and ended up in the ER. Thankfully he didn't need a transfusion, but was so dehydrated that he went through a couple bags pretty quick, plus major pain killers.

I feel for Jahi's mother - no mother wants to see their child bleeding and in pain. It's horrible. I can't even imagine her grief.

IMHO, I believe Jahi is gone and is merely a shell (even though her heart is still beating). Not to get all religious (and don't want to start a debate), but I wonder if her soul is still here, or has she moved on to a better place and looking at her family from above. That's how I'd like to look at it anyway, and that she is no longer suffering.

JMHO.

Mel

I also appreciate the explanations of the medical terms. I really did not understand the difference between brain dead and vegetative state until this case.

I have the utmost sympathy for this family's loss of their child. Her beautiful smiling face will stay with me for a long time.

That said, I just can't buy into the idea that the doctors and nurses in a a hospital setting failed in their jobs by ignoring or neglecting a bleeding child. Whatever went wrong, there is no doubt in my mind that these medical professionals did everything in their power to save this girl.

Just seconding this--I couldn't be less informed than I am medically. I have a lot of esoteric info but not on this topic. But my SO's mother is a graveyard shift NICU/peds nursing supervisor, one of the nicest people I've ever met, and I have a lot of respect for anyone in that field. I appreciate all the de-obfuscation that people are providing.

On the topic of what went wrong, is it true to say that it's not really possible for anyone to know right now because the family are, in essence, preventing an investigation from occurring?

If they were the childs meds, she was taking a boatload and that doesnt imply to me a healthy child. I dont see any reason her mother would take anyone else's meds to court.......

That is really weird. What would be the point of taking her OP meds to court?

They did indeed ask for donations and I believe Uncle Omar brought up chump change and 33million, also they owe me.....

That's what I was thinking too. I can't see any reason for a bag of prescriptions to be brought to court regarding a hearing for a deceased child unless the prescriptions belonged to the child. That bag of prescriptions looks to me like something for a very sick child.

I'm a nurse. I'm confused about your understanding of the state of health that most PICU/ICU patients are in. Patients in ICU/PICU DIE all of the time, in many different ways. They are in ICU because their is something very precarious and fragile, hence, critical, about their medical condition. You could have 10 nurses, 10 doctors and a partridge in a pear tree watching over one patient, and yet, they will still die. Ever watch a pulmonary embolism? In my case, about 8 people in the room, time of death within approximately 3-5 minutes. Bleedouts happen in minutes too. Medical professionals do their best, but there are no guarantees when it comes to the human body. The assumption that the child's death is due to medical negligence is baffling and VERY premature.

The monitors warn of impending crisis minutes before it occurs if only someone is listening, or watching so there was additional time to act. I'm a Nurse too. A Tonsillectomy isn't emergency surgery to a previously unknown patient. This was an elective scheduled procedure on what should have been determined in advance as being a healthy patient with a normal airway, cardio-vascular system and blood clotting ability.

The Uncle reports the family was advised the procedure would 'cure', among many other things, an overactive bladder. Medical negligence IMHO is not at all a premature assumption. :facepalm:

Just seconding this--I couldn't be less informed than I am medically. I have a lot of esoteric info but not on this topic. But my SO's mother is a graveyard shift NICU/peds nursing supervisor, one of the nicest people I've ever met, and I have a lot of respect for anyone in that field. I appreciate all the de-obfuscation that people are providing.

On the topic of what went wrong, is it true to say that it's not really possible for anyone to know right now because the family are, in essence, preventing an investigation from occurring?

There's an investigation.
The family couldn't prevent it if they wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Uncle reports the family was advised the procedure would 'cure', among many other things, an overactive bladder. Medical negligence IMHO is not at all a premature assumption. :facepalm:

This article agrees that bedwetting is often a part of pediatric sleep apnea.

I don't know how you get from the "overactive bladder" (by which I assume it would actually be bedwetting) to medical negligence.

http://www.entnet.org/HealthInformation/Could-Child-Have-Sleep-Apnea.cfm

The monitors warn of impending crisis minutes before it occurs if only someone is listening, or watching so there was additional time to act. I'm a Nurse too. A Tonsillectomy isn't emergency surgery to a previously unknown patient. This was an elective scheduled procedure on what should have been determined in advance as being a healthy patient with a normal airway, cardio-vascular system and blood clotting ability.

The uncle was on vacation at the time of the surgery and most likely did not attend any appointments related to the surgery. The deceased had uncontrolled urination. Is it really possible that a doctor would tell a patient that a tonsillectomy would cure uncontrolled urination? Does that sound like something a doctor would say? My experience is that doctors do not predict the outcome of surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee