Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that if the National Enquirer offered the McMath family $1,000,000 or more for an exclusive story on Jahi as she is now, and one soft- focus, not close up photo of her, they would allow it.
No disrespect is meant because obviously many people sell their stories to the NE.

I am absolutely dumbfounded and appalled at what is going on with the students at Jahi's school. I would not have believed it if the link wasn't there. And there goes the critical thinking of the next generation.

<sigh> The Luddites were activists, too. I wonder if this school teaches about Luddites?

Flat earth theory?

Sun orbiting around the earth?

The kids and their families can believe whatever they want at home and in their churches, but this kind of exploitation of kids in publicly funded schools is outrageous. IMO. The teachers and administrators who promoted this should be fired. Today. IMO.

Really? If the kids just pray hard enough, they can raise the dead? THAT is a science lesson?

ETA: Bedwetting shouldn't have had anything to do with Jahi's weight. She was not huge. That may have been emotional, and I'll leave speculation at that.

Even though I agreed with most, I edit to the part I wanted to discuss.

Bed-wetting is NOT always emotional! I know for a hard fact my son was never molested. I also know for a hard fact, after his tonsillectomy/adenoid surgery, that involved an inpatient procedure. He was released to me less then 2 hours after the first cut. We can home, he sleep almost exclusively for three days and then BOOM! No more bed wetting, no more snoring, no more falling asleep in class!

My son wasn't huge either. Nikel was around 20 pounds from his "perfect" weight going into surgery.

Bed-wetting is not always indicative of something more sinister going on.

ETA... I used to think the same thing. So I do understand.

I think that if the National Enquirer offered the McMath family $1,000,000 or more for an exclusive story on Jahi as she is now, and one soft- focus, not close up photo of her, they would allow it.
No disrespect is meant because obviously many people sell their stories to the NE.

But I really, really hope none of the tabloids do that. The temptation of $$ could be too much for this family, IMO.

None of us needs to see Jahi's body as it is now, IMO. It's bad enough to know what the family is doing to her body. We don't need to see it in soft focus, or HD.

Nocturnal enuresis (nighttime bedwetting) is often seen with pediatric sleep apnea.

No need to conjure other illness in her case.

I am absolutely dumbfounded and appalled at what is going on with the students at Jahi's school. I would not have believed it if the link wasn't there. And there goes the critical thinking of the next generation.

<sigh> The Luddites were activists, too. I wonder if this school teaches about Luddites?

Flat earth theory?

Sun orbiting around the earth?

The kids and their families can believe whatever they want at home and in their churches, but this kind of exploitation of kids in publicly funded schools is outrageous. IMO. The teachers and administrators who promoted this should be fired. Today. IMO.

Really? If the kids just pray hard enough, they can raise the dead? THAT is a science lesson?

Tcha, keep up with the convo! I already invoked Galileo and the geocentric movement that had him squelched waaaay back in another thread! :floorlaugh: to keep from crying.

QUOTE=threecrazykids;10119165]I am wondering if maybe a place like this is where they've taken her - **please note, there is NO indication that this is where she really is**

http://www.georgemark.org/index.php

It's licensing does fit with her status. It does bring up the question of where the tracheostomy and feeding tube were placed, because it would be outside of the license of this facility to do those procedures.

Also they are staffed by "skilled nurses". Sounds like an RN in charge with LVN care. Quite a bit different from the care level she was receiving at CHO.

http://law.onecle.com/california/welfare/14132.25.html[/QUOTE]

My reply (having trouble quoting tonight):

I was also looking at this, after some research:

http://www.dignityhealth.org/Care_Centers/CareCenterSearch/index.htm

Check out some of the foundations. Didn't Dolan say something about Catholic charities?

At this point I know she is not able to feel pain so she can't be subject to abuse. But I am worried with how far they will take this. When her heart gives out will they turn her over to the coroner? Will they keep this going. Right now my main concern is the siblings. If she is in a residence are they there or in another residence. This case has so many twists and turns that the unknown makes me sick to my stomach.
-----------
Hi, speaking of the coroner I think he/she would have to be told where the body is. Jahi was declared dead which the coroner has charge of any movement. We had our baby daughter moved to be with her brother, Dad and eventually me. This whole thing had to be handled by a funeral home and the coroners' office. Permission must be granted to move the body. Of course we had no problem and baby is with Dad. I dont know how they'd do this but bet coroner knows where she is.:seeya:

It's licensing does fit with her status. It does bring up the question of where the tracheostomy and feeding tube were placed, because it would be outside of the license of this facility to do those procedures.

Also they are staffed by "skilled nurses". Sounds like an RN in charge with LVN care. Quite a bit different from the care level she was receiving at CHO.

http://law.onecle.com/california/welfare/14132.25.html

Check out some of the foundations. Didn't Dolan say something about Catholic charities?[/QUOTE]

----------

Hi, tubes could have been placed in an intensive care ambulance? or the morgue? The hospital discharged her to the morgue (earlier post) mother took over from there.

Taken from the awesome Donjeta's chock full o'links post a couple of pages back:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Jahi-McMath-Brain-Death-Tonsillectomy-EC-Reems-Academy-Friends-Believe-Alive-239629891.html

Really? SERIOUSLY? The school has joined in with this mother's denial & delusions to falsely give hope to all of Jahi's little school friends? And planning an in-school event for them to wear Team Jahi t-shirts? Oh, sure, parents were allowed to have their child opt out, but then you get to be that ONE kid in a sea of purple t-shirts who wants sweet Jahi to be dead. These kids aren't getting grief counseling, they are getting enabling counseling.

What happens when she doesn't come back to school and even her mother has to admit that brain dead is dead? Do the kids get to feel guilty for 'failing' Jahi, just like CHO, the courts and everyone else?? Do they get taught that doctors and hospitals aren't to be trusted and everyone is out to get them??

Maybe it's just me, but leading these children to think Jahi is ever going to be coming back to school if they just pray hard enough isn't an act of courage, it's an act of cowardice and it's cruel to them.

/rant off

Spot on.

This sickens me. Also this is a public school, the staff legally cannot lead the kids in prayer of any sort. THAT is against First Amendment rights, which is what CD is claiming CHO did to NW and JM, no?

:banghead: :moo:

Hi Minette, I understand what you are saying. I think we all feel the same way. Are some people going to look at this case and try the same? I would sincerely hope not. We are discussing this amongst ourselves. We have no intention of carrying what is said outside of these pages. I think the mother instinct in us really hurts for the little girl. I'd never put a child of mine through this alive or dead, neither would you I believe.((hugs))

BBM: I come from a family of teachers, many generations of them. (I'm not one myself because I'm a weirdo artist.) We were always encouraged to prize critical thinking and having your own opinions about things as long as we could back them up. If you were going to fight with your siblings or cousins about anything from dinosaurs to baseball statistics to history you'd better be able to produce some facts unless you wanted to be laughed out of the back yard. The other most common family profession? Ministers, yes really.

I happen to think religion and science can co-exist, and both are better for being leavened with both heart and critical thinking. I mean, I can believe all day long that I am going to be able to beat the train through the intersection, but you can't argue with the law of physics.

I could've written this. Except that in my family we didn't have to be encouraged to critically think; I think there was just some dominant genetic arguing trait responsible, lol. Our poor parents. Our dad actually taped us arguing one time to try to show us how horrible we sounded. (It didn't effect any change, though we did check for hidden mikes playing Monopoly the next time.) As a teacher and as a parent, I never discouraged respectful discussion or polite questioning from kids, and secretly loved a well-thought comeback. Critical thinking was even the topic of my master's.

BTW, I've been both a teacher and weirdo artist (and a few other things). Loving the weirdo artist even more the older (and weirder) I get. :eek:

http://law.onecle.com/california/welfare/14132.25.html

Check out some of the foundations. Didn't Dolan say something about Catholic charities?[/QUOTE]

Certainly sounds like this could be a possibility.

Only because people on this forum have taken it there.. Genie??? Sorry, but dont' understand that comment. tia

BBM: Oh, I don't think WS has had as much influence as CNN, the LA Times, Huffington Post, Mercury News, SFGate, CBS, Washington Post, KTVU, ABC, Inside Bay Area, SF Examiner, etc. in getting the story out there or taking it anywhere. ;)

Re the 'genie' expression: http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/genie

You're welcome!

Hi, tubes could have been placed in an intensive care ambulance? or the morgue? The hospital discharged her to the morgue (earlier post) mother took over from there.

Outside of an emergent cricothyroidotomy, which isn't a true tracheostomy, because it was the only way to obtain an airway; this would not be done during critical care transport.

Usually g-tubes and tracheostomies are done in the OR. Most g-tubes now are placed percutaneously with endoscopic assist so they can be done at bedside if a suitable environment can be created in an ICU, a procedure room with monitoring, or in some cases in interventional radiology suites. More tracheostomies are now being done in percutaneous fashion and if done this way they can also be done at bedside in the ICU if a suitable environment can be created. One of the hospitals I covered as a resident did do most of their trauma TRACH/PEGs at bedside in the SICU.

G-tubes are commonly done by pediatric/general/trauma surgeons or gastroenterologists. Tracheostomies are commonly done by pediatric/general/trauma surgeons or ENTs. I admit that I am a bit surprised that any physician in one of these categories would step forward to perform these procedures. A physician outside of one of these categories would likely be stepping a bit outside of their scope of practice. That is something I try hard to avoid but I won't say that I've never seen physicians or midlevels who don't have a good grasp on what this really means.

BBM: Oh, I don't think WS has had as much influence as CNN, the LA Times, Huffington Post, Mercury News, SFGate, CBS, Washington Post, KTVU, ABC, Inside Bay Area, SF Examiner, etc. in getting the story out there or taking it anywhere. ;)

Re the 'genie' expression: http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/genie

You're welcome!

Agree. That's like the understatement of the century. There are legal and medical professionals and ethicists talking about this all over the country and the world. While the discussion here is definitely elevated over some other forums, it's hardly the forum that has raised these issues, or even one that's addressed them in tremendously great depth given the TOS.

jmo

<modsnip>

Back to Jahi...poor girl. I keep hoping her time chained to her earthly body is finally over. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stay-on-topic.jpg
link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads