Farrah Fawcett in critical conditionUPDATE Has Passed away RIP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How sad. She was beautiful woman. 2 celebrities died in one day, I cant hardly believe it.

She was indeed an icon.

And there are thousands, or millions of us, who have junior and high school yearbook photos with our hair curled in a "flip" just like her.

I hope her son will be able to get his life together now in her honor.

RIP Farrah,
You will be missed.
Prayers to your family, and closest friends.
Sleep well with the angels, no more pain.
Thank you for all you have done for us in so many ways, sharing your life.

Boy am I sorry for Farrah and her family. She fought the great fight, was deeply admired, and this should have been HER day for mourning fans and the world. She has now been overshadowed by MJ - good music, creepy person...Sorry Farrah, you will be deeply missed.

I'll have to respectfully disagree about Michael Jacksons passing 'upstaging' Farrah's passing in any way. He hasn't had many fans in the states in ages. While his music and talent will always be admired, the man he became was not popular among many. Farrah won't be remembered as a 'talented freak' in the same way MJ will.

jmo

Rest in peace, Farrah. Prayers for strength for your loved ones.

I'll have to respectfully disagree about Michael Jacksons passing 'upstaging' Farrah's passing in any way. He hasn't had many fans in the states in ages. While his music and talent will always be admired, the man he became was not popular among many. Farrah won't be remembered as a 'talented freak' in the same way MJ will.

jmo

Unfortunately the media has already started specials on MJ. What about Farrah she was a much better person!

To me, Farrah wanted to encourage others with cancer. I am very sad that I am not seeing more about her in the media today. I will not forget! Her work in "The Burning Bed" was amazing. I am only sorry she didn't do more movies that were as astounding.

Here is a nice little site someone made for her today. Rest in Peace, Miss Farrah!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1879278/memories_of_farrah_fawcett.html

I remember watching Farrah in Charlie's Angels. We hadn't had color TV very long and it was still a little surprising to see the shows in color. Charlie's Angels was also different from other shows. Most TV sitcom shows didn't show women as the primary stars. And usually they were wives and mothers on the shows. So Charlie's Angels was very different. But my favorite show with her was definately The Burning Bed. To me she really really stood out in that show. Plus she brought up a side of life that I hadn't considered before. Even in later shows as she was going through her "troubles"= divorce, addiction and etc. when she was on talk shows she still seemed a little niave, and very sweet.

She was more or less out of the public eye, then she got sick. Instead of hiding behind her illness or hiding from the public because of her illness, she stepped up and tried to put a face on cancer, tried to help others.

She was a memorable sensation. RIP Farrah. Even though I never knew you, you impacted my life.

Showbiz Tonight on HLN is talking about Farrah! Bless them for remembering her!

I do understand that Michael J's death was a huge surprise and I'm glad that ST still made time for Farrah in spite of the shock.

Had to add something...I remember working in a dime store when I was young and we just couldn't keep Farrah's posters on the shelves! EVERYONE had to have one! LOL!

farrah_fawcett.jpg

Rest in Peace sweet lady. You are indeed beautiful. My thoughts go out to your family and I hope they can hold it together without you.

Loved you and as stated, "You are an icon....."

Gozgals

RIP Farrah! I will never forget what a wonderful strong women and actress you were.

Beautiful, courageous, determined woman! RIP Farrah. Your legacy of strength in the face of adversity will live on forever....

Had to add something...I remember working in a dime store when I was young and we just couldn't keep Farrah's posters on the shelves! EVERYONE had to have one! LOL!

farrah_fawcett.jpg

Awww. My brothers had this poster in their bedroom! Beautiful lady...

Boy am I sorry for Farrah and her family. She fought the great fight, was deeply admired, and this should have been HER day for mourning fans and the world. She has now been overshadowed by MJ - good music, creepy person...Sorry Farrah, you will be deeply missed.

You're absolutely right. Larry King had planned the whole show on Farrah tonight but when MJ died, he changed it and decided to devote it to MJ instead of FF. In his words:

"What a sad, incredible ... you couldn't write this," said a nonplussed Larry King on CNN, describing how his planned show on Fawcett was "blown out of the well" with Jackson's death. He sensed immediately what most news organizations did, that the Jackson story was bigger, because of both the surprise factor and the magnitude of his stardom." (link to full article below).

My Google home page has the top stories from Entertainment Tonight and People and there is not one mention of Farrah on there now. All the stories are about MJ. I agree, he needs to be remembered for his music and talent, but poor Farrah suffered so much, and was so brave. She really deserved this day of mourning. :(

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/25/AR2009062504683.html

Here's a nice little bio of Farrah for anyone who might not be terribly familiar with her career history as a pop culture icon. (I had forgotten she played Diane Downs in "Small Sacrifices"! Yikes!)

YouTube - Farrah Fawcett, 1947-2009

On Dateline - NBC - they are focusing on Farrah. What a wonderful woman! I suppose they'll go to Jacko eventually, but they are giving Farrah her due!!!

Tonight ABC showed the 20/20 show on Farrah that was supposed to air Friday night. The interview with Ryan was done last week. Barbara Walters had interviewed her a couple times so clips from those were shown. It was a very touching tribute with interviews with Jacklyn Smith and Alana Stewart. Farrah's doctor said her last words to him were, "Thank you."

I missed the very beginning so I'm not sure if MJ was mentioned or if ABC had a show about him the previous hour, but Barbara did talk a bit about both of them at the very end.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back