Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM - good point,

2nd BBM - yes, I think that is entirely probable.

Does AR mention the *advertiser censored* accessed on Tuesday?

Yes, Ann Rule mentions that lawyers working on Becky's case wants specifics from investigators regarding what type of *advertiser censored* was accessed on 7/12-7/13, and by whom. Apparently Anne Bremner's team, specifically a lawyer named David Fleck made a whole list of investigative questions they want answered and why they want Becky's case reopened.

Adam apparently blurted out he was viewing *advertiser censored* on his Iphone upon waking up Wed morning about 5:30am and that he saw a rope and a body hanging off it as he was making his way to the main house to ask Rebecca if she wanted to have breakfast with him.

He apparently also found a knife in the correct drawer in the main kitchen (apparently main house door was unlocked) to cut Becky down. He had pulled a patio table over to help reach her. Also he made several 9-11 calls, each time repeating, "Got a girl hung herself."

Was it verified that Adam did have Ambien in his system, or was this another "he told us, so it must be true" situation?

Book does not mention whether toxicology report existed to verify Adam's testimony about using Ambien that night Becky died, just that he told police that during the short 40 minute interview.

BBM - surely they would do that. And, maybe the old boyfriend will still come forward with anything he knows.

... we have his daughter now claiming she knew how bad off Max was from day one as well as what Ann Rule has written.

I also wonder if they ever validated when Dina actually WAS at the hospital on Tuesday after 6-8 pm. Isn't that also the night they or Nina took Jonah's car for some reason? Did anyone look at Dina and Nina's credit card or bank account for that day/night?

This is one thing I do find lacking in Ann Rule's book. She doesn't specify who the witnesses were who claim that Dina was at Max's bedside throughout Tuesday night. She only wrote, "Numerous witnesses place Dina in the hospital at Max's bedside throughout Tuesday night."

But how can that be when Dina was not caught in a single hospital surveillance video on Tuesday night? Yet Jonah was captured on multiple hospital/RMH videos during that same time period, including coming out of Max's hospital room! HOW can this discrepancy happen that only one parent is caught on hospital video and the other, Dina, is NEVER seen on any videos on Tuesday night?

For all we know these witnesses (likely Nina, her son, and maybe Dina's bf) are lying or mistaking the night Dina was at the hospital. We know Dina was at the hospital on Monday night, but Tuesday night, not once was she ever seen on hospital video, so no, Dina has no alibi for Tuesday night when Rebecca was murdered.

It makes perfect sense that they noticed a woman in front of a very lavish house, but as he said, she did not appear to be conducting a crime and he didn't realize it was significant till he heard about Rebecca hanged in that house's courtyard the next day.

Oh, yeah, I always consider someone suspect of a murder if they are out biking with their wife and children along the ocean looking at opossums.

I think he only noticed Dina Shacknai at the Spreckels mansion because she looked nervous and was acting suspiciously and there was a direct lamplight shining at the Spreckels front door and garage and she was skulking about with a large black bag.

Also, concerned citizens are wary of reporting suspicious characters particularly after the infamous case whereby Harvard Professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr. was falsely arrested for breaking into his own house and he made a big stink about it being racial profiling. And Obama had to come to his rescue.

Thank you everyone for the updates thus far. I have Ann Rule's book, Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors in hand. Before reading any book, I view the photos first and for the first time I see the message on the door...

Thank you everyone for the updates thus far. I have Ann Rule's book, Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors in hand. Before reading any book, I view the photos first and for the first time I see the message on the door...

Not a very flattering picture of Nina, IMO.

Page 171
When Jonah and Becky were traveling or at their home in AZ, a couple who lived in one of the apartments oversaw the estate. They also cleaned, and supervised garden workers.

Page 186

As already noted, Adam took Ambien before heading to bed.

Adam stated he hadn't heard anything during the night. In fact, he had noted how very quiet it was.

That statement is confusing to me. If you just took Ambien and supposedly you are asleep, how would you know one way or another? Wouldn't you just be out of it? I wouldn't know because I have never taken Ambien.
What is Ambien?

Ambien (zolpidem) is a sedative, also called a hypnotic. It affects chemicals in your brain that may become unbalanced and cause sleep problems (insomnia).
Ambien is used to treat insomnia. The immediate-release Ambien is used to help you fall asleep. The extended-release form, Ambien CR, has a first layer that dissolves quickly to help you fall asleep, and a second layer that dissolves slowly to help you stay asleep.
Your doctor will determine which form of this medicine is best for you.
Ambien may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
http://www.drugs.com/ambien.html

Page 186

As already noted, Adam took Ambien before heading to bed.

Adam stated he hadn't heard anything during the night. In fact, he had noted how very quiet it was.

That statement is confusing to me. If you just took Ambien and supposedly you are asleep, how would you know one way or another? Wouldn't you just be out of it? I wouldn't know because I have never taken Ambien.
What is Ambien?

Ambien (zolpidem) is a sedative, also called a hypnotic. It affects chemicals in your brain that may become unbalanced and cause sleep problems (insomnia).
Ambien is used to treat insomnia. The immediate-release Ambien is used to help you fall asleep. The extended-release form, Ambien CR, has a first layer that dissolves quickly to help you fall asleep, and a second layer that dissolves slowly to help you stay asleep.
Your doctor will determine which form of this medicine is best for you.
Ambien may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
http://www.drugs.com/ambien.html

I have never taken Ambien, but I have been a "sleep walker" since childhood......I can get up and function (perform tasks), but have no memory or knowledge that I actually was up and moving around.

This is one thing I do find lacking in Ann Rule's book. She doesn't specify who the witnesses were who claim that Dina was at Max's bedside throughout Tuesday night. She only wrote, "Numerous witnesses place Dina in the hospital at Max's bedside throughout Tuesday night."

But how can that be when Dina was not caught in a single hospital surveillance video on Tuesday night? Yet Jonah was captured on multiple hospital/RMH videos during that same time period, including coming out of Max's hospital room! HOW can this discrepancy happen that only one parent is caught on hospital video and the other, Dina, is NEVER seen on any videos on Tuesday night?

For all we know these witnesses (likely Nina, her son, and maybe Dina's bf) are lying or mistaking the night Dina was at the hospital. We know Dina was at the hospital on Monday night, but Tuesday night, not once was she ever seen on hospital video, so no, Dina has no alibi for Tuesday night when Rebecca was murdered.

Hi Bourne, where did you read that Dina was not caught on a single surveillance video on Tuesday night? I have read that Jonah was captured on hospital video, but I never read anything about Dina being on the videos or not being on the videos.

Hi Bourne, where did you read that Dina was not caught on a single surveillance video on Tuesday night? I have read that Jonah was captured on hospital video, but I never read anything about Dina being on the videos or not being on the videos.

Other than what might be in Rule's book, SDSO said initially that Dina was at the hospital, but when pressed Gore admitted they did not have her on video (there is a link to him being interviewed). They only had a cell phone location. I do not believe they ever said for when exactly, over a range of time, they could actually account for her cell phone being in the area of the hospital.

Detectives concluded both parents were also at the hospital that night and into the morning of July 13, when the body of Zahau was discovered.

"We knew where Jonah (Shacknai) was," said Sheriff Gore. "If we had come up with unknown DNA during the course of our investigation we could have taken DNA samples from Jonah."

Attorney Bremner said Jonah Shacknai is seen on hospital surveillance video on the night of Zahau's death, but Dina Shacknai is not.

Sheriff Gore confirmed as much during his news conference.

"We don't have her (Dina Shacknai) on surveillance tape," Gore confirmed. "Her position was determined thorough GPS triangulation on her cell phone, which put her in the vicinity of Rady Children's Hospital."

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/16068012/mixed-dna-all-over-zahau-death-scene-some-evidence-not-tested

Other than what might be in Rule's book, SDSO said initially that Dina was at the hospital, but when pressed Gore admitted they did not have her on video (there is a link to him being interviewed). They only had a cell phone location. I do not believe they ever said for when exactly, over a range of time, they could actually account for her cell phone being in the area of the hospital.

Thank you so much time:) I did read about her cell phone being in the area of the hospital, and I remember posts on here that Gore stated they did not have her on video. I am on chapter 8 of the book. It is written that Jonah was captured on the videos, but it does not mention anything so far about Dina regarding surveillance videos just that numerous witnesses placed her at the hospital that night. Thank you for finding that information for me:)

Time, I was going to do a Kindle e-loan to you of Ann Rule's book but this book is not lending-enabled (yet). Did you order the paper version?

Thanks for answering the other poster's question :)

Time, I was going to do a Kindle e-loan to you of Ann Rule's book but this book is not lending-enabled (yet). Did you order the paper version?

Thanks for answering the other poster's question :)

Yes, I ordered a paper version - and thanks for thinking of me.

Page 194
The investigators were able to obtain images of Jonah at the entrance doors to the McDonald House, and in the corridors, arriving and leaving his room. They could absolutely place the times Jonah had gone to his room and then left to sit with Max, and his return to the McDonald House to catch a few hours' sleep. They had videotape of where he was on Tuesday night.

Haven't come across anything about Dina, yet.

You guys are so awesome....thanks for all the snapshots of the book. I ordered the paper version (I am old school and wanted the actual book) but I think I ordered it too late. I'll get it Thursday. It's all I can do to not download it to my Kindle because I want to read it so badly. It's a matter of principle. Everytime I order a new release, I get it that Tuesday, maybe I waited too long? Oh well. I will wait until Thursday...but I couldn't stop myself from reading this thread. I knew the WSers wouldn't disappoint. Rock on all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaoskap