Federal Indictment: James Burke, Former Suffolk Co PD Chief, December 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Bellones press conference. And Spotas rebuttal. I wonder if the DTs ever had real evidence pointing towards the killer? And would they still have it?

Fieldnotes, I think the ME was given his or her walking papers after informing JR what was on Shannans 911 tape. JR said it was the opposite of what DT Stephans reported to Newsday. I guess that was a no no.

I heard another piece of that was pals with Burke just got his walking papers. According to my information this detective played a role by attempting to distribute information on persons that were cooperating in the Loeb investigation. He most recently screwed up big time on another matter and the PC said that's it he is finished. He was forced to resign, absent his pistol permit, retired ID card and his picture has been posted in SCPD HQ as not being allowed to enter the building. This is what you are dealing with. And that is not to say the FEDS are not going to arrest him if they can make their case.

Apparently, PC SINI is taking corruption seriously.

Burke's sentencing scheduled for today has been put off until a yet to be determined date. Reporter said it was about a sentencing report.. Jim plead out in March.......they still haven't figured it out yet??? The sentence has pretty much been written in stone , i.e., for the crimes he plead guilty ....

Any of you folks buy cheese in the last few days? Word is the price has sky-rocketed due to a demand a con created when he was swallowing all the cheese on the market.

Burke's sentencing scheduled for today has been put off until a yet to be determined date. Reporter said it was about a sentencing report.. Jim plead out in March.......they still haven't figured it out yet??? The sentence has pretty much been written in stone , i.e., for the crimes he plead guilty ....

Any of you folks buy cheese in the last few days? Word is the price has sky-rocketed due to a demand a con created when he was swallowing all the cheese on the market.

Did Kessler get this tip from an unnamed source from the 5th floor USAO office where he literally had a desk set up for him? It's amazing really, making a career out of taking points that the USAO hands for "news stories". His bias towards defendants and defense attorneys has been pretty consistent though.

The cross dressing/bisexual angle I think has the most validity as a possible connection between Burke and SK. All those male victims, the SK is clearly bi, the trans victims (Asian, Sugar Bear). Someone made mention of a rest stop near manorville that was known as a gay pick up spot. The thing is the male victims are all UID, Burke might be in a position to discern who isn't going to be reported missing. The 15 year old in brentwood, how?

Yes, (it was me who posted those theories) the research showed that the rest stops were regular meetup sites for gay men...and then the area were the bodies were discovered near Jones Beach...was it the Pier 6 Parking Lot? That too was a well known gay men's hookup spot.

Has another day been picked for sentencing yet?

Yes, (it was me who posted those theories) the research showed that the rest stops were regular meetup sites for gay men...and then the area were the bodies were discovered near Jones Beach...was it the Pier 6 Parking Lot? That too was a well known gay men's hookup spot.

I think you guys are finally forming a picture of what may have happened. It doesn't mean this sort of behavior is connected to LISK. What I think it means is if LE did their job properly the investigation would probably open up a can of worms that those in power don't want us to see. I am comfortable with the idea a certain person went to several of those gay meet up sites to meet men for sex. I did learn that at one time he took a prostitute with him to Exit 53 Park N Ride to lure in a man for sex and then finished the client off. Biggest joke going back a couple years ago is the same person got caught in another Gay stroll area by SCPD blinking his Official Vehicle's headlights on an off. Said vehicle's license plate was captured by a plate scanner .

The other day a Daily News reporter was giving his opinion on the Howard Beach jogger/murder case. The police seemed to have an interesting POI. The reporter said while this person is of interest he doesn't think the cops think the person is a suspect. When the reporter was asked about that he said something like: ' you don't eliminate someone as a suspect unless you can eliminate him.' What he is really saying it is impossible to eliminate a lot of people with a certainty simply because you don't know.

In the LISK case Tom Spota seemed to go out of his way to ELIMINATE J.Brewer and Jim Bisset as suspects. Now this is the same guy that once said that when he first ran for DA he had "a bunch of solid cops' helping him on his campaign" Jim Burke was the solid cop that ran the operation. After Burke plead guilty it was Spota that said he had NO IDEA Burke was doing this. Burke was only working for Spota for 10 years ( truth is Spota was working for Burke ..informed sources would tell you that) and Spota didn't have a clue? But when it came a time to eliminate two interesting suspects in the LISK case Spota was able to wrap it up in a month.

Good to see you posting here again Just K...we missed you!

Snip

Dear Judge Wexler:
It is with great humility and remorse that I write you this letter. I sincerely apologize to the victim, to my subordinates who I permitted to take part in these offenses, to my colleagues and those who entrusted me, to the men and women of the Suffolk County Police Department, to the citizens of Suffolk County and to you, Your Honor, for my actions.

I have been a police officer for nearly 31 years, 25 of which as a supervisor. I fully believe that one must be accountable for one’s actions. I stand accountable for my actions and accept responsibility and the consequences that result from them. I believe in our system of justice and have every faith and confidence in your fairness and impartiality.
Please consider my thirty-one years of service in rendering your sentence. I believe I have done much good for many people from all walks of life during my career. I am proud of that. I hope Your Honor considers my record in public service at sentencing.

As you know, there are many collateral consequences associated with my sentencing. Including losing the right to vote and being labeled a felon. Both of which will deeply affect me.

The greatest consequence involves my mother. She was a single mother who suffered through much tragedy in her life and made many sacrifices in raising me and my siblings. In 1999, at age 59, she was diagnosed with metastatic lung cancer. In what I considered the greatest quest of my life, I took control of her health care and was involved on a daily basis with her treatment. It is now seventeen years later and she now 75 years old. Her situation is nothing short of a medical miracle. She is presently undergoing immunotherapy, is confined to a wheelchair and requires oxygen 24 hours a day. She struggled to write you a letter in her own hand.

It would be unbearable for me to be in prison as her condition deteriorated and she passes
from this earth, severely restricted in my ability to communicate. I suffered through a life threatening illness when I was six weeks old. My mom and I have faired the direst of circumstances together. She does not deserve the consequences of dying while her oldest son, who has generally done good for most of his life, is in prison. I beseech you, Your Honor, to consider this situation in rendering your sentence.

Finally, Your Honor, I want you to know I have a deep abiding love for our country. I come from a long line of men who were instrumental in my life. My uncle Michael served in combat in Vietnam and was awarded a Silver Star, a Bronze Star and two Purple Hearts. He lived with us upon his return and helped raise me. He has submitted a letter to you in support of me. My grandfather and father spent their careers in law enforcement. Presently two of my younger brothers serve honorably in the NYPD.

Thank you for your consideration, Your Honor. I ask for your leniency and in closing, I am heartily sorry for my actions. I understand the consequences of my criminal conduct. I will not return to criminal behavior nor am I a danger to society.

Sincerely,
James Burke

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...ot-to-be-sent-to-prison-1.12519488?pts=917807

I don't understand what any of this has to do with this case.

I don't understand what any of this has to do with this case.

There's the possibility that the case wasn't investigated as fully as it should have been due to internal politics or potential conflicts of interest.

This thread relates to the LE investigation itself given it's about the former Suffolk Co PD Chief.

Hope that helps!!! :)

thanks Marble. some people never seem to get it. Truth is it MAY well be the most important part of the case.

A little late to be considering how your behavior, James Burke, is affecting your mother. Should have thought about her & her life's hardships before being such a bad boy! Cry us a river!

She must be a remarkable woman to have survived for 17 years with lung cancer. 52 years ago Mother Burke expelled another cancer from her body and set it free to infect the world.

James takes really good care of her. He might even be setting up her house to be re-creation of Collier's Mansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper