Federal Indictment: James Burke, Former Suffolk Co PD Chief, December 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:yuck:

Now why would he have a tape with such a photo if not a pedophile ? (yep, rhetorical question)
It makes sense Hawkshaw, Loeb referred to as nasty *advertiser censored* and last night's episode referred to it as illegal *advertiser censored*. IMO It was Burke's collection or perhaps for the sex parties that went on with the rich and powerful as Hawkshaw mentioned last night. You have to question if it was Burke's personal collection what was it doing in his Department (Chief) SUV?

You, TOO. I hope I have offered all you folks some entertainment during the last couple of years. I have to believe most of you guys now understand why I have been writing things some of you thought had no bearing on the case. Are you starting to get the picture by now? I might be 180 wrong, but my points are valid. I haven't a clue who murdered those gals, but I think I can say the investigation appears to be severely flawed.

So hawkshaw seems u where rite so do u think Burke nos more about the li killings then he's letting on

I think the detectives have a pretty good idea as to the Who, What, When, Why, and How these murders occurred. Like I said in the interview: The detectives are probably frustrated because they can’t move on to where they have to go.
I think Burke is an excellent person of interest just of what we know about him with factual information. I am not even talking about what I have learned, was told, information I believe is probably true. There is not a shadow of a doubt he is such a criminal a 50 year sentence wouldn’t have shocked my conscience. With what I have seen him done I can tell you murder is the next step, if he hasn’t done that already. I do believe he is a coward and killing someone takes some measure of guts. But when you are cornered like a rat you will strike out at those that can get you out of that corner.
You heard on the show last night that Spota nixed the FBI from doing a profile? Who T.F. is Tom Spota to come up with that one. Truth is I think most profiles are like placebos for the public – they only work at Wednesday Nights, Channel 2, @ 9PM. A profile is like chicken soup – it can’t hurt.
Spota doesn’t want BAU to step in because he doesn’t want the FEDS poking around and asking questions or hear things from people that have been kept under wraps.
You folks will recall that in Kolker’s book where he interviewed Brewer, Brewer said if the truth comes out a lot of cops are going to have pie on their face.
It was also said the PC Dormer said if the whole truth came out it would blow the lid off of Suffolk County.
One thing about the show that annoyed me was the producers going back to Peter Brandt for his opinion. He said no killer would dispose of bodies so close to where they lived. He mentioned the Mesa killings which was 2.6miles from a major suspect. I guess he forgot about Gacy burying his victims under the floor boards of his own house and the other serial killer that did the same, as many others have done in the past. The very idea up to 11 bodies were disposed of in the same area, and the GB4 were dumped very close to each other, and put together with the death of SG, makes me wonder what the killer(s) were thinking about when they returned to the scene of the crime when they had thousands of areas to dump bodies in desolate areas with a short car ride.

I think it would be helpful for you websleuthers to read a column in Vice.Com, written on March 16, 2016 by Michael Edison Hayden.
That column tells us what this Burke fellow is really all about.
Read where a witness tells us how Burke, him, and many other SCPD were frequent visitors at Gossips, a Suffolk County strip joint and had their way with the strippers. It will tell you that because of this item alone it is possible that it could lead to murder if things didn’t go right and a risk of being exposed was possible. Read where the witness tells us drugs were involved.
WE know that one of the reasons woman turn to prostitution is because they are addicted to drugs. We know that Burke had a long relationship with a prostitute and that association. We know that led to the horrendous 1995 IAB report where it was substantiated that Burke had such a relationship with a known prostitute, drug addict, and thief. She had already amassed over 27 arrests in Burke’s own precinct, and he didn’t know anything about it.
We know he was brought in as a witness in a divorce case because he had a relationship with a married woman and the husband sued for divorce. When asked by the husband’s attorney if he ever had a relationship with prostitutes, other than in the line of duty he said, “NO.” That was in 2000 or 5 years after he was deemed by IAB to have had such a relationship. AND guess whose law firm represented him in that sworn deposition?

Hawkshaw, just wanted to jump in and tell you what a great job you did last night in the finale of The Killing Season.
Ok, off to read Vice.com
Tricia

I think it would be helpful for you websleuthers to read a column in Vice.Com, written on March 16, 2016 by Michael Edison Hayden.
Read where a witness tells us how Burke, him, and many other SCPD were frequent visitors at Gossips, a Suffolk County strip joint and had their way with the strippers. It will tell you that because of this item alone it is possible that it could lead to murder if things didn’t go right and a risk of being exposed was possible. Read where the witness tells us drugs were involved.
WE know that one of the reasons woman turn to prostitution is because they are addicted to drugs. We know that Burke had a long relationship with a prostitute and that association. We know that led to the horrendous 1995 IAB report where it was substantiated that Burke had such a relationship with a known prostitute, drug addict, and thief. She had already amassed over 27 arrests in Burke’s own precinct, and he didn’t know anything about it.
We know he was brought in as a witness in a divorce case because he had a relationship with a married woman and the husband sued for divorce. When asked by the husband’s attorney if he ever had a relationship with prostitutes, other than in the line of duty he said, “NO.” That was in 2000 or 5 years after he was deemed by IAB to have had such a relationship. AND guess whose law firm represented him in that sworn deposition?

I think the detectives have a pretty good idea as to the Who, What, When, Why, and How these murders occurred. Like I said in the interview: The detectives are probably frustrated because they can’t move on to where they have to go.
I think Burke is an excellent person of interest just of what we know about him with factual information. I am not even talking about what I have learned, was told, information I believe is probably true. There is not a shadow of a doubt he is such a criminal a 50 year sentence wouldn’t have shocked my conscience. With what I have seen him done I can tell you murder is the next step, if he hasn’t done that already. I do believe he is a coward and killing someone takes some measure of guts. But when you are cornered like a rat you will strike out at those that can get you out of that corner.
You heard on the show last night that Spota nixed the FBI from doing a profile? Who T.F. is Tom Spota to come up with that one. Truth is I think most profiles are like placebos for the public – they only work at Wednesday Nights, Channel 2, @ 9PM. A profile is like chicken soup – it can’t hurt.
Spota doesn’t want BAU to step in because he doesn’t want the FEDS poking around and asking questions or hear things from people that have been kept under wraps.
You folks will recall that in Kolker’s book where he interviewed Brewer, Brewer said if the truth comes out a lot of cops are going to have pie on their face.
It was also said the PC Dormer said if the whole truth came out it would blow the lid off of Suffolk County.
One thing about the show that annoyed me was the producers going back to Peter Brandt for his opinion. He said no killer would dispose of bodies so close to where they lived. He mentioned the Mesa killings which was 2.6miles from a major suspect. I guess he forgot about Gacy burying his victims under the floor boards of his own house and the other serial killer that did the same, as many others have done in the past. The very idea up to 11 bodies were disposed of in the same area, and the GB4 were dumped very close to each other, and put together with the death of SG, makes me wonder what the killer(s) were thinking about when they returned to the scene of the crime when they had thousands of areas to dump bodies in desolate areas with a short car ride.

BBM

Actually, several eps were "too PB heavy" for me. (Maybe he's hoping for a show all his own :D)

hawkshaw - I just couldn't agree with you more.. on every point. I found PB annoying in many areas. He's not a pro. He's a sleuther with an opinion. True, many SKs won't dump close to where they live; but that's only the known SKs, and we have no idea how many are out there now. Plus, like you mentioned - JWG. Then there's BTK, Herb Baumeister, and Dorothea Puente. I have no doubt there are others out there who have bodies buried in their own back yards or close to where they live. It is negligent to think otherwise.

Thank you for everything, hackshaw! I admire your passion.

Truth is those profiles are a lot of psychobabble to me. My last 10 years in Homicide I know of not one case they solved for us.
We did use an NYPD detective for an important case and he did steer us to an excellent suspect we would not have thought of without the profile. It has been more than 28 years and the case remains open. This suspect was a good a suspect as you can get.
However that same detective made up a profile for a murder case in Westchester County and that caused detectives to zero in on one suspect. The suspect was arrested, convicted, and spent 16 years in jail. The trouble is Jeffrey Deskovic was entirely innocent and that was conclusively proven with DNA and arrest and confession of the real killer. The real killer had the opportunity to kill again while the wrong man was sent to prison for the other man’s crime.
The Webmaster should try to get Jeffrey on the show. It is an amazing learning experience for the uninformed.

LUCK? Sometimes you need a lot of LUCK. Did you know a ticket led to the arrest of Son of Sam? Any good websleuther would know that.
What you don’t know is the two cops that wrote the ticket didn’t turn it in at end of tour, or a few days after. They knew two people were shot, one died, the other survived and they didn’t turn in the ticket!
Detectives did their usual thing and checked the ticket box at the precinct. No ticket. Because the cops ran out of leads the captain told some detectives to re-canvass the apartment building overlooking the crime scene. They missed a woman on the first go round. Woman tells them she saw a cop putting a ticket on a car at the fire hydrant below. Nonsense, we checked. Well check again because I know what I saw. Go back to the precinct and still no ticket. Word spreads around the precinct and the cops know something is up. The two cops quietly slip it in. They will even deny writing it.
Yup, you need a lot of luck when you have dummies working with you.

This piece by Michael Edison Hayden - wow! I just scanned it and was flabbergasted. I'm going to read it tomorrow afternoon when I'm back from my errands.

You have so much info, you could write a book. Thanks for being here and sharing it with us.

A STORY FOR THOSE THAT LIKE TO READ THIS STUFF. After I retired I got involved in a case where 3 men were arrested and convicted of a double murder. One of the victims was an NYPD cop working off-duty. I was fascinated with the case. After only two weeks of studying the case I came to conclusion that these men just didn't do it and they were framed by the cops ( some I worked with ) the DA, with the help of the trial judge. In contrast to my SIL's case it took me more than a year and after the trial to come to the same conviction that my SIL was 100% innocent and was framed. It took me only two weeks to understand these three men were entirely innocent in every sense of the word. And these three men were all convicted in three separate trials by the same judge and ADA.

One day I go to the prison to talk to one of these fellows. Behind me was another man that was convicted of shooting a cop and wounding him. He got 25 to Life. I never saw him there and if I did I wouldn't have never recognized him

After I leave that man asks my guy who I was. I stood out because I was white. My guy tells him to write me a letter and I might help him/ He writes me that letter and before I finish reading the first paragraph describing his arrest my hands start shaking: I WAS THE GUY THAT FIRST PUT MY HANDS ON HIM when we jumped out of a van to arrest him. I didn't believe then and I still don't believe it today this guy did what he was convicted of. I was just a minor player in the investigation and had no say who was to be arrested. I informed him of my opinion. But I had little evidence that could set aside a guilty verdict. There was nothing I could do. That fellow was an admitted drug dealer, but no someone so foolish to shoot a cop in the circumstances outlined in the indictment. He was expendable. The guy has already done 25 years with little chance of parole because nobody cares.

He came up for parole a few months ago.About two weeks before the hearing the cop's that got shot has a son, a cop, that got shot under very similar circumstances as his father was shot.....HE HAD NO CHANCE OF GETTING PAROLE after that. He never confessed to the crime and has never admitted same to the parole board before the last hearing and the one before it. You will NEVER get parole unless you admit you did it and now feel remorse for it. He will not confess to a crime he didn't do and he won't admit to it.
This sounds like a case for the innocent project and/or Kathleen Zellner

Hawk, dont forget Marty Tankleff. If you dont mind.

Another Suffolk Co. railroad job. Youtube Marty Tankleff exonerated in death of parents.

Another Suffolk Co. railroad job. Youtube Marty Tankleff exonerated in death of parents.

It is an important distinction between 'exoneration' and having your conviction set aside. Marty was NOT EXONERATED.
Tankleff collected $3.375M in a lawsuit. In such cases it is mandatory one must be completely exonerated before one even thinks of filing a lawsuit.
Tankleff's first goal and most important goal was to get out of prison. His next goal was to go back to trial and to be proven innocent with all the dirty laundry coming out. I was at a Tankleff rally and when his lawyer was asked about the appeal, Barket said that no matter what this case is NOT going back to a trial !!!

There was this story going around that Burke was arrested for soliciting a prostitute in an NYPD sting operation. It was supposed to be in Brooklyn’s 75 Pct., 2002-2003. The word is Burke got Spota to call DA Hynes and all was forgotten.
This information went kind of viral in the SCPD. Newsday caught wind of it. I have to believe Newsday got wind of it because a SCPD cop(s) were disgusted of what was going on with Burke.
The reporter attempts to interview a SCPD LT that supposedly was nearby when Burke was arrested and phone calls were exchanged between the two DA’s. This could have only come from a SCPD cop. The reporter rings the guy’s doorbell. Of course he knows nothing. A couple of weeks later the SCPD Superior Officer’s Association ( basically a union) writes a letter to Newsday demanding they not make any more inquiries of their PD in matters concerning Burke.
How does Newsday (not the reporter) respond? One would think the paper would have put the letter on the next day’s front page of the paper. Instead, the Woosies folded their tent and went home without their toys.

Totally agree Burke is a big interest me I think he may no more and the more I read on the guy the less I like also have they found spota yet

I think Burke is messed up in his own web of crime and lies that is not related to LISK, but he denied the FBI and the public leads to catch this killer while hot on his trail, which has gone cold now. I think his crime is worthy of life. If another person, woman or child is tortured or has been tortured and killed because of his malicious intent to keep open eyes from entering the investigation then life behind bars is appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member