Federal Indictment: James Burke, Former Suffolk Co PD Chief, December 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, I first thought Burke didn't bring the FBI in to deflect from his own discrepancies in the department. However, the more I contemplate it I think there is more to it than that. If the FBI was involved in profiling LISK and that investigation why should Burke be worried about his own shenanigans with hookers, drugs etc. to be associated with it, unless it truly is. There are certain things Spota couldn't protect him from.

Food for thought: Burke obviously has a vile temper the way he beat Loeb over a stolen *advertiser censored* duffle bag and threatened to kill him? Imagine if he picked up the Asian prostitute to find out that he was a real man (over 10 :blushing:), his reaction? That he was kissing and just had oral sex with him. I am talking about one of the Gilgo beach victims.

For him to beat Loeb to the extent he did and threaten to kill to over the duffle bag there had to be more to it than pediphile trash in it.

It also makes me sick to think who really is the murderer of the Pius boy when Burke was 14 and what was he even doing there to supposedly witness the murder? why did Spota start his relationship with him at that time? Does Spota owe him something since the John Pius Jr. case? Who was 1 year younger than Burke at the time?

Is the suspicion Burke is a pedophile? The tape of the young boy is child *advertiser censored* and was that his? Is he into underage boy prostitutes or supporting rich men with it? Child *advertiser censored* is looked almost at the same level as murder and some get life for it. He also had a long relationship with a female prostitute. I am confused. Is he into children?

How does Newsday (not the reporter) respond? One would think the paper would have put the letter on the next day’s front page of the paper. Instead, the Woosies folded their tent and went home without their toys.

Newsday didn't want to jeopardize relationships with SCPD inside sources so rather than escalate, they stood down. Reporters constantly must manage tenuous relationships with sources or risk losing a big scoop in the future. In journalism, always opportunity-cost decisions.

Its another mystery.... Burke a pedophile in addition to being addicted to prostitutes? possibly......

According to Hawkshaw and this link article mentions what was in the duffle bag "But he also found things that pointed to something much darker, according to a friend of Loeb's who spoke to him after the incident—like *advertiser censored* that appeared to him to feature prepubescent boys".
http://www.vice.com/read/the-strange-rise-and-violent-fall-of-long-islands-dirtiest-police-chief

If Burke was into young boys why would he not leave that bag in the privacy of his home??? Yet he had it in his department SUV? Kind of risky? Hawkshaw mentioned the Suffolk County Police department was always having wild sex parties on Oak and Gilgo Beach. Could the items in the bag be part of sex rings and parties with the powerful and wealthy going on in the county? Why did he beat Loeb over stealing the duffle bag and threaten to kill him over it? Could the discovery lead to bigger things going on? Really if you enjoy and have those kind of movies don't u leave them at home to watch them? They are illegal, you carry them around in your department SUV?

Was he married? Was the SUV shared or his alone?

It is a shame he was a head of this investigation when there are so many intelligent, interested, and talented people who would have worked 24/7 going after this killer. They need someone with passion like the man who took over the GRK and nearly died looking for the perp around the clock. It should be required for anyone to take a case like this that they have great empathy and compassion for the women and no judgement.

People regard their cars as safe havens for many things. If they have an affair, they'll hide condoms and other related items from a spouse. They'll stash money and drugs (illegal or not) in them. The stash may be permanent or temporary until they find a better place.

IMO, I first thought Burke didn't bring the FBI in to deflect from his own discrepancies in the department. However, the more I contemplate it I think there is more to it than that. If the FBI was involved in profiling LISK and that investigation why should Burke be worried about his own shenanigans with hookers, drugs etc. to be associated with it, unless it truly is. There are certain things Spota couldn't protect him from.

Food for thought: Burke obviously has a vile temper the way he beat Loeb over a stolen *advertiser censored* duffle bag and threatened to kill him? Imagine if he picked up the Asian prostitute to find out that he was a real man (over 10 :blushing:), his reaction? That he was kissing and just had oral sex with him. I am talking about one of the Gilgo beach victims.

For him to beat Loeb to the extent he did and threaten to kill to over the duffle bag there had to be more to it than pediphile trash in it.

It also makes me sick to think who really is the murderer of the Pius boy when Burke was 14 and what was he even doing there to supposedly witness the murder? why did Spota start his relationship with him at that time? Does Spota owe him something since the John Pius Jr. case? Who was 1 year younger than Burke at the time?

Unless Spota was protecting the real killer of Pius, but I think it was more that Spota got a conviction and it helped him rise up in the DA's office. I agree with your chilling thoughts of who really committed that crime and I also share your thoughts re: the trans prostitute. That's why the MO was slightly different.

People regard their cars as safe havens for many things. If they have an affair, they'll hide condoms and other related items from a spouse. They'll stash money and drugs (illegal or not) in them. The stash may be permanent or temporary until they find a better place.
In this case I also think it was a bit of arrogance.

Hawkshaw, very proud of you and your contributions and tenacity. Was great to see the final episode. I kept yelling at each earlier episode wondering why your body of work wasn't aired. The FBI needs to hire you as a consultant. So does Sini. Thanks for all you've done.

Hawkshaw, very proud of you and your contributions and tenacity. Was great to see the final episode. I kept yelling at each earlier episode wondering why your body of work wasn't aired. The FBI needs to hire you as a consultant. So does Sini. Thanks for all you've done.

Taking the liberty of respectfully saying, ditto, Ray_of_Hope. Sleuthers on these threads never cease to amaze me. Quite awed.

No sleuthing, or speculating, about unnamed relatives.

Thank you.

Bessie
WS Administrator

ETA: It was nice finally to put a face with a name, Hawk. After all these years. I feel like I know you. Actually, you looked much like I pictured you. ;)

James Bissett Was found dead in Veteran Memorial Park in his car, by a PATROL CAR in Suffolk county due to suicide.

Found by a Patrol car in Suffolk county? Dead suicide. Now I question whether or not it was suicide? One thing to be found in his home, but dead in his car, at night in a park? by a Suffolk county patrol car? Ruled a suicide by the Suffolk County ME? REALLY?

http://www.ibtimes.com/james-bissett...suicide-652939

Arrrggghhh ...... will have to wait and hope a friend can come through ...so I can see these last two episodes.....

Reading the posts above ...

Go Hawk!!!!

Can't wait to see your contribution to the show .... sounds like it would have been specific to Burke .......

Just scratching the surface ....did you manage to get in any mortgage fraud ....Political scratching of backs....
*advertiser censored* maker..cocaine in burlap bags mentioned? ......probably not enough hours to go there ......But the ball is rolling ....

Puggle xx

ETA: It was nice finally to put a face with a name, Hawk. After all these years. I feel like I know you. Actually, you looked much like I pictured you. ;)

It's funny I was thinking the same exact thing. Plus I loved the accent since I'm originally from Central Jersey. I now live in NC and it's rare to find/hear someone with such a heavy authentic accent like yours Hawk.

No sleuthing, or speculating, about unnamed relatives.

Thank you.

Bessie
WS Administrator

My sentiments too.

Interesting Article:

-State James Bissett the Nursery owner was found dead 1 year to the day the bodies were found on Gilgo beach prominent business man.
-Dr. Peter Hackett was Surgeon General for Suffolk County was later fired/laid off
-Michael Baden states SG body found belly up unusual for a drowning victim and that her belongings were strewn around her, suggesting her corpse was carried to the spot where it was found.
- Sini's speaks about tips they get his final words are about women suspecting their husbands might be an oblique reference to a woman in her 40s who told me about an 80-page report she says she provided to the FBI,implicating her husband in a grand conspiracy of serial murder that also allegedly implicated James Burke. She claims to have tied them together through a website called Utopia Guide, where men rate and discuss sex workers together at length. The woman believes the men threw sex parties together under the name Carney Construction Crew, and that some of the women who were hired were later disposed of in the bramble along Ocean Parkway. This unsubstantiated theory speaks to the wormhole of ideas bandied about every day both online and in local bars throughout Long Island.
-There is the unverifiable rumor of an African-American sex worker who allegedly escaped from Oak Beach in the dead of night sometime before 2010, and ran semi-naked along the parkway, screaming, "They're trying to kill me" in the same manner that Shannan Gilbert did on the morning she vanished.

Article by Michael Edicon Hayden
http://www.vice.com/read/ghosts-of-...nsolved-case-of-the-long-island-serial-killer

Interesting Article:

-State James Bissett the Nursery owner was found dead 1 year to the day the bodies were found on Gilgo beach prominent business man.
-Dr. Peter Hackett was Surgeon General for Suffolk County was later fired/laid off
-Michael Baden states SG body found belly up unusual for a drowning victim and that her belongings were strewn around her, suggesting her corpse was carried to the spot where it was found.
- Sini's speaks about tips they get his final words are about women suspecting their husbands might be an oblique reference to a woman in her 40s who told me about an 80-page report she says she provided to the FBI,implicating her husband in a grand conspiracy of serial murder that also allegedly implicated James Burke. She claims to have tied them together through a website called Utopia Guide, where men rate and discuss sex workers together at length. The woman believes the men threw sex parties together under the name Carney Construction Crew, and that some of the women who were hired were later disposed of in the bramble along Ocean Parkway. This unsubstantiated theory speaks to the wormhole of ideas bandied about every day both online and in local bars throughout Long Island.
-There is the unverifiable rumor of an African-American sex worker who allegedly escaped from Oak Beach in the dead of night sometime before 2010, and ran semi-naked along the parkway, screaming, "They're trying to kill me" in the same manner that Shannan Gilbert did on the morning she vanished.

Article by Michael Edicon Hayden
http://www.vice.com/read/ghosts-of-...nsolved-case-of-the-long-island-serial-killer

A day or so ago I posted about the "Carney Construction Crew" in Amber Lynn Costello's thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans