Federal Indictment: James Burke, Former Suffolk Co PD Chief, December 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A STORY FOR THOSE THAT LIKE TO READ THIS STUFF. After I retired I got involved in a case where 3 men were arrested and convicted of a double murder. One of the victims was an NYPD cop working off-duty. I was fascinated with the case. After only two weeks of studying the case I came to conclusion that these men just didn't do it and they were framed by the cops ( some I worked with ) the DA, with the help of the trial judge. In contrast to my SIL's case it took me more than a year and after the trial to come to the same conviction that my SIL was 100% innocent and was framed. It took me only two weeks to understand these three men were entirely innocent in every sense of the word. And these three men were all convicted in three separate trials by the same judge and ADA.

One day I go to the prison to talk to one of these fellows. Behind me was another man that was convicted of shooting a cop and wounding him. He got 25 to Life. I never saw him there and if I did I wouldn't have never recognized him

After I leave that man asks my guy who I was. I stood out because I was white. My guy tells him to write me a letter and I might help him/ He writes me that letter and before I finish reading the first paragraph describing his arrest my hands start shaking: I WAS THE GUY THAT FIRST PUT MY HANDS ON HIM when we jumped out of a van to arrest him. I didn't believe then and I still don't believe it today this guy did what he was convicted of. I was just a minor player in the investigation and had no say who was to be arrested. I informed him of my opinion. But I had little evidence that could set aside a guilty verdict. There was nothing I could do. That fellow was an admitted drug dealer, but no someone so foolish to shoot a cop in the circumstances outlined in the indictment. He was expendable. The guy has already done 25 years with little chance of parole because nobody cares.

He came up for parole a few months ago.About two weeks before the hearing the cop's that got shot has a son, a cop, that got shot under very similar circumstances as his father was shot.....HE HAD NO CHANCE OF GETTING PAROLE after that. He never confessed to the crime and has never admitted same to the parole board before the last hearing and the one before it. You will NEVER get parole unless you admit you did it and now feel remorse for it. He will not confess to a crime he didn't do and he won't admit to it.

Hawk what do you think about the theory that the killer is a cop? Have you ever heard the identities of any of the three cops who were POI's? What about Michael Perez the silver gun rapist who works in IT now? It seems like a cop might have some way of finding males who won't be identified. What is your opinion of the male victims, (there are many many many) and all of them have never been identified. This seems strange to me. Can I ask your opinion as a cop about this specific case, the 15 year old from 33 leahy st? Here are a couple facts...he was 15-17 years old no older. He was dumped in a sump across from a school in Brentwood. It is down the street from a rehab called Phoenix street. The boy was found with a keychain from "Hands of Gold Jewelry" which is a shop in Huntington. He was found with the ligature still on his neck it was blanket. Now what would you think about this case if you look at with your experience as a cop? I've always found it very curious. I'm posting the details below, but from the description the dress sounds "urban". Not typical "homosexual/trans" clothing. I'm not so sure he is a male prostitute either. It's always possible he could be a 15 year old with a dope habit who turned to tricking out of desperation, but I don't know if that sounds realistic here. What do you make about the rosary beads? He was strange with a "crude knot' blanket, what does this tell you in your experience? Was he killed in bed? A 15 year old who atleast is local enough to have a keychain from a jewelry store in huntington and he doesn't get reported missing. I actually find this to be the strangest case of all. I'd like your opinion on it.

Clothing on body
white socks, white boxers with blue vertical stripes,green/black jacket size XL outside of jacket labelled "Alliance Down", shirt with "Chicago" written on it
Clothing with body
blanket with crude knot loop around neck
Footwear
black hiking boots "Buffalo" brand USA size 8 1/2
Jewelry
yellow stud/post earring with green stone
white plastic rosary beads
irridescent green plastic key ring inscribed "Hands of Gold Jewelry" Copiague,NY
Eyewear
Other items found
with body

By the way those Nike Alliance Down jackets aren't exactly cheap, not what a homeless kid would be wearing I don't think. Some new are like $200 bucks. who knows how much they were in 1998

The only person that comes to mind that didn't do it is Steven Hawking. I see you know about Perez. The sad thing about that case is the DA knew about it and couldn't care less. They got their man and that was that.

The only person that comes to mind that didn't do it is Steven Hawking. I see you know about Perez. The sad thing about that case is the DA knew about it and couldn't care less. They got their man and that was that.

:silly: Poor Steven Hawking, he gets accused of everything else.

I regret to tell you that no matter how many of them go to jail the end result is nothing much will change other than the price of corruption will go up. I did a fair share of corruption related cases in the NYPD/ManhDA office, and I can tell you nothing has changed. One thing I believe Jim Burke knew is how it worked - or thought he did.

I regret to tell you that no matter how many of them go to jail the end result is nothing much will change other than the price of corruption will go up. I did a fair share of corruption related cases in the NYPD/ManhDA office, and I can tell you nothing has changed. One thing I believe Jim Burke knew is how it worked - or thought he did.

That's depressing.

the one thing i have learned over the years is when the political scandals start brewing is they will be misdirected to the cops. the cops will always be the fall guys when a scapegoat is needed to divert the attention away from the real crooks. You see what is happening in NYC with the cops being involved with the Orthodox Jewish Community. There is nothing new under the sun about this. Whatever favors the cops did for the Jews stems from what the politicians want. This has been going on in NYC for decades, if not the entire 20th Century, and now the 21 Century.

THE ORTHODOX COMMUNITY. Nobody ever accused Burke of being stupid. He could recognize the value of having wealthy, influential, politically connected Jewish friends. He latched himself onto a very prominent businessman that was also involved in Israeli defense matters. The businessman was said to bring Burke with him to Israel to confer with Jewish leaders. Jim became a globe hopping cop. But the man died, suddenly. James saw an opportunity to stay involved and it appears as though he latched right on to the guy's very attractive wife.

We have photos of him rubbing shoulders in Palm Beach with the polo pony set while the husband was alive and after he died. The unconfirmed rumor was the wife and Jim were an ITEM.

Then the Lowrita Rickenbacker story broke in the papers.........and that was the end of that budding romance.

How did the husband die? I think that would be pertinent info.

Ray of Hope: Nurses can do no wrong in my book. Let me tell you what a wonderful guy Tom Spota is. A few years he arrested 10 nurses for reckless endangerment for quitting their jobs at a nursing home dedicated to children. They were recruited from the Philippines from a company known as Avalon/Sentosa. They signed contracts to remain in employment for 3 years or forfeit $25.000.00

The promises made to them as to pay, living quarters until they got on their feet were ignored. They sought counsel and they were advised to quit as a group in an orderly manner. The issue was brought to the NYS Education Department for a ruling. The NYSED found no wrongdoing and made their findings known to the DA. No child was injured because of this. The DA indicted them anyway.

They hired a lawyer. He filed a Writ of Prohibition with the appellate court requesting the court to ban the DA from prosecuting the nurses and their lawyer that advised them of the law. The Court's decision was a scathing rebuke of the DA, and said if he was allowed to prosecute it would be tantamount to a violation of the 13th Amendment, which is slavery.

The nurses petitioned their government to cease doing business with Sentosa and described their complaints. Their government did as requested. And then it got interesting because the nursing home got Senator Schumer to write four different letters to the Filipine government, including the president of the country requesting they reverse their decision. Schumer received up to $200,000.00 in campaign contributions from Sentosa, The last installment of $75,000 was sent after the government reversed their decision.

The nurses and their lawyer are no suing in federal court for damages and IMO it looks like a winner.

Like A Hunter if you read the Dormer press releases you might find where Dormer said he wasn't told everything ! How anyone that calls himself a police commissioner in such a highly charged case admit that?

Hawk, hows was Dormer lured back as Police Commissioner? He was my criminal justice teacher at Suffolk in 2001, (I enjoyed his class). But I distinctly remember him staying he enjoyed retirement. I believe he was also head of security for the sports complex that was across from the smith haven mall before.. Curious why he would go back

He was head of security for The Sports Authority. If he was teaching you in college then how was he 'retired.' SA is now out of business. I heard he went to Dowling College. Another place that is soon to fold. He has now taken a position with Arrow Security. He made several or more You Tube videos talking about the GILGO murders. Retired? I don't think so.

The story I heard when he became commissioner was he donated $10,000 to Steve Levy's campaign. Why would he go back? Your guess is as good as mine. While we are on the subject - why did Webber come back as commissioner when he knew damned well he was only there to hold Burke's coat?

The only guy that had half a brain was Bob Creighton. He saw what he had to put up with the politicians and resigned in about 7 months.

What's your theory for a 15 year old not being reported missing? And the blanket what does that say.....Do you know much about Perez? Does he have a connection to LI? Do you consider him a POI?

They hired a lawyer. He filed a Writ of Prohibition with the appellate court requesting the court to ban the DA from prosecuting the nurses and their lawyer that advised them of the law. The Court's decision was a scathing rebuke of the DA, and said if he was allowed to prosecute it would be tantamount to a violation of the 13th Amendment, which is slavery.

The nurses petitioned their government to cease doing business with Sentosa and described their complaints. Their government did as requested. And then it got interesting because the nursing home got Senator Schumer to write four different letters to the Filipine government, including the president of the country requesting they reverse their decision. Schumer received up to $200,000.00 in campaign contributions from Sentosa, The last installment of $75,000 was sent after the government reversed their decision.

2 things:

1. Spota was very unpopular with the public after he indicted those nurses. I think a lot of people were surprised his career survived after that debacle. It read like a human trafficking case in which foreigners were lured here with the promise of a great job and instead were forced into terrible labor conditions. And instead of going after the bad guys, the DA went after the victims! It made no sense whatsoever.

2. There is a reason Chuck Schumer has never left the Senate. He's been a NYS Senator with a great reputations for nearly 20 years and yet he's never been tapped for bigger and better things. Any NYer with an interest in politics knows that's because Schumer has always had his hands in big business' pockets. He's the first one in front of the camera talking about protecting the little guy when there's a big news story, yet he Spota were both working to protect the bad guys in this case. He probably never thought his actions would be exposed.

If memory serves me right I think Chucky was NOT happy with Tommy arresting the nurses. Not that he really cared if it didn't have anything to do with him. Maybe they will build another courthouse for Chuck.

What's your theory for a 15 year old not being reported missing? And the blanket what does that say.....Do you know much about Perez? Does he have a connection to LI? Do you consider him a POI?

There are 8 Million stories in the Naked City, and this is just one of them. There are thousands of POI's if you want to keep yourself occupied. Maybe Laura Ahearn, formerly of Parents for Megan's Law, and not Crime Victims Center can identify several hundred alleged sex offenders.

I have no opinion as to your questions.

He was head of security for The Sports Authority. If he was teaching you in college then how was he 'retired.' SA is now out of business. I heard he went to Dowling College. Another place that is soon to fold. He has now taken a position with Arrow Security. He made several or more You Tube videos talking about the GILGO murders. Retired? I don't think so.

The story I heard when he became commissioner was he donated $10,000 to Steve Levy's campaign. Why would he go back? Your guess is as good as mine. While we are on the subject - why did Webber come back as commissioner when he knew damned well he was only there to hold Burke's coat?

The only guy that had half a brain was Bob Creighton. He saw what he had to put up with the politicians and resigned in about 7 months.

Meant he enjoyed being retired from SCPD. Creighton did not want to get with the program :)

Lindsay, maybe the 15 yr. old was reported missing. Dormer would have you believe that the DNA of all missing persons is in the system. Most people reporting a missing person does not know DNA should be collected. Most people taking the report does not ask for DNA. Tirrell Santigo is only one example. He could be in potters field and his family would not know it. I think phones in squad rooms around the country will start ringing after the docu-series airs. It will be educational. People will demand to have DNA submitted.

CE Steve Bellone did a press conference on the steps of the district attorney,s office and said the DA was ruining a CRIMInal Enterprise!!! The DA is also running LISK. His former chief inv is now in jail. I rest my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper