Fingerprints and gloves

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind Casey wasn't just handling tape. She may also have been holding down a squirming child who was fighting for her life.

Under stress and struggling, fingerprints wouldn't be much on your mind.

Ok, I may have to test this gloves and duct tape to see if it really doesn't work.. I wonder if hubby would mind me testing it on him.. lol :waitasec: :behindbar
-----------------------------
I have used duct tape many times.I dont think anyone could use gloves,
it's even hard to get off your hands.I am hoping her prints are on the tape
full force.Lots of luck with taping your husband/LOL

Keep in mind Casey wasn't just handling tape. She may also have been holding down a squirming child who was fighting for her life.

I can see it now...........it makes me ill!

So horrible. As far as the gloves go, I'll bet anything she did not even think about that at the time. One thing on her mind, MEN !! and waiting for Caylee to die so she could run. :loser:

I can't imagine Casey, who signed her own name to a forged check and drove around with a body in her car trunk, would be "careful" about fingerprints. George told LE she liked to live on the edge.

I think the odds of fingerprints are better than 50/50.

JMO

Agree. A murderer who did the above and left the body down at the end of her street probably wouldn't think to wear gloves.

I'm hoping she ripped the tape with her teeth too. DNA baby! :dance:

I'll tell ya what makes me believe she was handling an unconscious child as opposed to a squirming child: the latest doc dump indicates it was just a piece of duct tape on Caylee's mouth with hair affixed.. it wasn't wrapped around her head. If Caylee was fully conscious, she could have ripped it off, unless her hands were bound as well. I don't believe there's been indication of that.

FWIW, LP is on NG and confirmed that the fingerprints do indeed belong to Casey.

That's the only part of NG I caught last night.. and I'm glad I did. I hope and pray LP knows what he's talking about.

That's the only part of NG I caught last night.. and I'm glad I did. I hope and pray LP knows what he's talking about.

He said that he had heard that. He didn't elaborate on WHERE he heard it or even HINT at a source.

LP has a tendency to state his opinions as fact, which is pretty annoying, because unless he qualifies it, you don't know if he really KNOWS something or just THINKS he's right because it makes sense to him (or sounds good).

NG asked Dr. Perper last week if fingerprints could still be lifted on duct tape after this long and being in the elements and/or in the plastic bag. He said they could lift fingerprints off that tape. They discussed how your fingerprint leaves behind an oily residue and that oil and water do not mix. Dr. Perper said that if no gloves were used, then YES, they would have a fingerprint after all this time. Is there any other solid evidence that says KC was involved than this?? Also, I've only heard through the media that the tape was wrapped around the skull and they had to cut the hair to release the wrapped duct tape. Is this right?

Oh my gosh, I so hope you're wrong. I know it's a possibility, but :eek:

I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if I repeat.

It seems to me that fingerprints are a red herring here. If she touched the duct tape with her bare hands, the tape would pull off skin cells. There's been a lot of discussion of how sticky duct tape is. These skin cells can be identified via DNA analysis.
If fingerprints accompany the skin cells that would be great, but not necessary to determine who was touching the duct tape.

Also, I've only heard through the media that the tape was wrapped around the skull and they had to cut the hair to release the wrapped duct tape. Is this right?
Respectfully snipped..

This I have heard too.. and it is one of those things that boggles my mind, for this reason.. If the remains were just bones why would they have to cut the hair away.. I mean the hair wouldnt be attached at the roots anymore to the scull .. It seems the tape and hair would just be together.. .. Sorry if this paints a bad picture in anyones mind.. but I dont understand this comment at all.. and Ive heard it from many sources..

Respectfully snipped..

This I have heard too.. and it is one of those things that boggles my mind, for this reason.. If the remains were just bones why would they have to cut the hair away.. I mean the hair wouldnt be attached at the roots anymore to the scull .. It seems the tape and hair would just be together.. .. Sorry if this paints a bad picture in anyones mind.. but I dont understand this comment at all.. and Ive heard it from many sources..

The latest doc dump says it was a piece of tape over the mouth area of the child, and the hair had to be cut away. Leads me to believe the tape was not wrapped around the skull. I'll try to dig up a direct link in a minute...

How on earth would Lenny know if there were even fingerprints on the duct tape, or who they belonged to? He throws out so much, who knows what to believe that comes out of his mouth? I'm going to go with Mark E. who is on Prime News every day, with all due respect, those ten days he spent in the RV in front of the Anthony home does NOT give him an inside track on what went on in that investigation or how it went down. Casey never spoke to him except to tell him to get the h... out of her house! He knows about as much as all of us do, or maybe not as much.
I have a box of latex gloves in my bathroom, but I got them after my mother-in-law died from cancer, my in-laws had no use for them, even though my s.i.l. is an RN. She probably has her own. I am going to do an experiment with duct tape wearing a pair of the gloves and see how difficult it is to tape a plastic bag shut.
For months, we've been hearing NG say the duct tape was wrapped around the skull. Guess she was wrong... big surprise. It still bothers me that there was a piece of it across the mouth area, because if it was just a skeleton, with no tissue left, that duct tape would NOT have stayed over the mouth area, it would have fallen off. Caylee would not have had any hair on her face for it to cling to. And that does not sound like something a mother would do to a child, sounds like something a sex offender... man... would do.

How on earth would Lenny know if there were even fingerprints on the duct tape, or who they belonged to? He throws out so much, who knows what to believe that comes out of his mouth? I'm going to go with Mark E. who is on Prime News every day, with all due respect, those ten days he spent in the RV in front of the Anthony home does NOT give him an inside track on what went on in that investigation or how it went down. Casey never spoke to him except to tell him to get the h... out of her house! He knows about as much as all of us do, or maybe not as much.
I have a box of latex gloves in my bathroom, but I got them after my mother-in-law died from cancer, my in-laws had no use for them, even though my s.i.l. is an RN. She probably has her own. I am going to do an experiment with duct tape wearing a pair of the gloves and see how difficult it is to tape a plastic bag shut.
For months, we've been hearing NG say the duct tape was wrapped around the skull. Guess she was wrong... big surprise. It still bothers me that there was a piece of it across the mouth area, because if it was just a skeleton, with no tissue left, that duct tape would NOT have stayed over the mouth area, it would have fallen off. Caylee would not have had any hair on her face for it to cling to. And that does not sound like something a mother would do to a child, sounds like something a sex offender... man... would do.

because lenny knows all!!! NG always expands on what's been released and usually picks the most salacious statement about some part of the evidence and sticks with it (wrapped around her head; chloroform in the car; 16 houses away, etc etc). it is a sad reality that we cannot trust our media to give us all the information. the best bet is to read all the documents they have released and form your own opinion. use what you see on TV with regard to the principal players in this case and make your assessments. anyone with any ulterior motive must and will be taken with the grain of salt they paid for.

i should be working, too......... thanks for that link!!!:blowkiss:

Does anyone know when we can expect that doc dump? I still maintain that finding Casey's prints on the duct tape will be the final nail in her coffin, and sadly, I am soooooooooo excited about reviewing THAT information!!!!:cool::rolleyes::waitasec::woohoo:

I can hear it now..."Zenaida forced me to tear pieces of duct tape and put it on Caylee's mouth! She gave me written instructions saying Caylee would be okay as long as I didn't tell anyone!"

Susan

I want to believe that the duct tape was applied post-mortem to keep her tongue inside and her mouth closed. I don't think KC bothered to use gloves because she was probably in a hurry to get done with what she was doing so that she wasn't observed. I just can't get around wondering why, if the skull was detached, the duct tape was still stuck, yet "they" say there was no tissue. What was holding the tape in place?

KC didn't plan things, she just did them. The heart sticker was a after-thought IMO. There may have even been a print on the sticker or imbeded sticker glue. The more KC prints, the better, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx