FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all just decided to pile in one corner, we all decided to just stay put, because we didn’t know what was happening. We didn’t know if it was real or fake.

This is not a smart action to take when a shooter is in a building with you. The best thing I can think of, would be to stand with your back against a wall on the right or left side of the door.

This way if the shooter enters the room, you and others can team up, and tackle him from behind, and take the gun away from him.

It confirms to me that he was adopted as an infant so however he turned out is down to whatever happened after his adoption, not before. Children from abusive backgrounds who are taken into care and adopted at 4 or 5 years old often come with a lot of baggage that can't be undone however loving the new home is. Either this man was born bad or he became bad after his adoption.

That's not necessarily true. A client of mine's child had her skull crushed by "daddy" when she was two months. Now she's heading into kindergarten and is having serious behavioral issues. The mom's psychologist said it's emotional trauma. Her brain was injured but her psyche was also damaged.

Then there's the whole concept of epigenetics/genetic memory.

And of course genetic propensity to things like being a psychopath or having bi-polar disorder or other issues.

..... but severe autistic spectrum is
a volcano and can be very violent

A 19 year old who is severely autistic is very likely to be in permanent residential care because their needs are far too complex for a family to deal with. At least that's the position in the UK.

This is not a smart action to take when a shooter is in a building with you. The best thing I can think of, would be to stand with your back against a wall on the right or left side of the door.

This way if the shooter enters the room, you and others can team up, and tackle him from behind, and take the gun away from him.

I would want my kid to roll right out the door behind him, not fight him for his gun.

I would want my kid to roll right out the door behind him, not fight him for his gun.

You could do that I suppose. I'm thinking that a crowd would have to be hiding on each side of the door. This way when the shooter enters, everyone is behind him, and not in front of him.

That's not necessarily true. A client of mine's child had her skull crushed by "daddy" when she was two months. Now she's heading into kindergarten and is having serious behavioral issues. The mom's psychologist said it's emotional trauma. Her brain was injured but her psyche was also damaged.

Then there's the whole concept of epigenetics/genetic memory.

And of course genetic propensity to things like being a psychopath or having bi-polar disorder or other issues.

Yes, agreed. Clumsily worded by me. What I meant was that this was a child who hadn't been abused by his birth family before his adoption so wasn't already suffering from an attachment disorder or any of the other problems that children who are adopted later can bring to their new family. It's certainly very possible that something was wrong in his birth parents, especially as we now know that autism is usually inherited.

There's an interesting article on this in our old friend the Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5326017/Adoptive-parents-told-truth-says-MEG-HENDERSON.html

Anybody see him in the arrest video. The kid seems right out of it. Can’t even hold his head straight. Bobbing all over the place... strange.

With technology today.........I can't believe this is happening so easily now.

Who monitors the doors? After all the times this has happened before.?

Cameras, access to school grounds monitoring, .......this kid walked into school wearing a gas mask ? Classes were in session.....so.....a kid is walking up with a mask on......not one monitor saw this ?

I'm assuming there are crossing guards on the ready as school was soon to be let out.

Formal training protocol is: run, hide, fight (in that order).

It’s sad that companies must do mandatory Active Shooter training now...

Very thorough article as I catch up, thanks for posting, Elley Mae.

Eta:
This is worth bringing forward imo, even if already posted:

"Israel told the public, “If you see something, say something. If anybody has any indicator that someone’s going through a behavioral change, or on their social media that there are disturbing photos, perhaps bombs or firearms or just videos or pictures that are just not right, that there’s something off, please make sure law enforcement knows about it.”"

I agree about “if you see something, say something” but then what is the authorities’ protocol after that? Do they even have one?

Didn’t the **FBI investigate** NC? And if they did, what were their options?

We need protocols for this type of thing.

Formal training protocol is: run, hide, fight (in that order).

It’s sad that companies must do mandatory Active Shooter training now...
I used to talk to my kids about this when they were middle and high school-aged in the 1990s-2000s.

Who in your school is 'that kid' who you think might snap and shoot everyone?

Why do you think they are like that?

How do you act toward them?

Can you be kinder to them?

What would you do if they start shooting?
Run, hide, etc.

I need to have this talk (again) with my SD who is in middle-school.

I think the schools need to add a shooter awareness program to the curriculum. See something-say something. Guest speakers for a day... something. Metal detectors at the entrances. Anything to help bring the message home that this is real and it could happen at YOUR school. Spooky disenfranchised kids are in every school.

This angry young man problem will not go away, but will escalate until we seriously OWN IT. I think we really need to step-up and support bond packages that underwrite preventative measures at our schools.

Talk to your kids. Ask what their ideas are why this is happening, what they need to do to be aware and stay safe at school. What would they do to fix it?

I was adopted at birth. Back when all adoptions were closed. No info.
It's not uncommon for adoptees to suffer attachment and abandonment issues. Some experience a myriad of issues including extreme rage and feeling separate from most of humanity.
Given that the shooter's mom just passed 3 months ago is definitely a further trauma for his mind.
I got all the therapy and help that I needed thankfully.
It is sad that he did not.
This is only one aspect of the act he committed. I believe in real evil also.
jmo

Florida shooting suspect charged amid questions over warning signs
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ooting-suspect-charged-questions-nikolas-cruz
Questions have emerged over whether law enforcement officials and local authorities failed to act on warning signals about the teenage gunman who killed 17 people in a Florida high school with an AR-15 assault rifle on Wednesday.
A comment left on a YouTube video by a user named Nikolas Cruz warning “I’m going to be a professional school shooter” was also flagged to law enforcement officials last September and subsequently removed by YouTube.
The Nikolas Cruz YouTube account was taken down on Wednesday night. The Broward County sheriff, Scott Israel, who identified the shooter as Cruz, said police had found “very disturbing” material when searching his social media.
510d152ab39212b2b36573d54ed53460.jpg

Last fall, a Mississippi bail bondsman and frequent YouTube vlogger noticed an alarming comment left on one of his videos. "I'm going to be a professional school shooter," said a user named Nikolas Cruz.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/briannasacks/the-fbi-was-warned-about-a-school-shooting-threat-from

"They came to my office the next morning and asked me if I knew anything about the person," Bennight told BuzzFeed News. "I didn't. They took a copy of the screenshot and that was the last I heard from them."

FBI agents contacted Bennight again Wednesday, after a 19-year-old named Nikolas Cruz allegedly opened fire at a Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in south Florida, killing at least 17 people.

Coach Hix shot and killed, I knew him well. My little girlfriend who stayed with me growing up so many times was shot and I don’t know anything. I don’t think it’s good. You imagine the worst. I’m up looking in all the news reports.

Oh no! Sure hope your little friend will be OK, though it is so anixiety-provoking not knowing, my condolences on the Coach :tears:

sending as much support as I can from afar, her. Please try to take care of yourself and keep us updated when you can. Prayers..... love.... hugs.

;grouphug:

Wow. Treating kids like a pet you don't want to take care of anymore? It explains a lot. The anti-social behavior he displayed for so many years seems to indicate there were problems at home for a long time.

Then this:

The AR-15 used in the mass shooting was legally bought by Cruz, attorney Jim Lewis told the South Florida Sun Sentinel. Cruz already owned the gun when he moved in with his friend’s family in northwest Broward around Thanksgiving, Lewis said.

“It was his gun,” Lewis said. “The family made him keep it in a locked gun cabinet in the house but he had a key.”

No words. :notgood:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member