FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With technology today.........I can't believe this is happening so easily now.

Who monitors the doors? After all the times this has happened before.?

Cameras, access to school grounds monitoring, .......this kid walked into school wearing a gas mask ? Classes were in session.....so.....a kid is walking up with a mask on......not one monitor saw this ?

I'm assuming there are crossing guards on the ready as school was soon to be let out.

Likely there weren’t crossing guards as it was a high school. At least in Indiana crossing guards were only at schools with those in grades K-6ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruz lived with a friend’s family after the death of his mother in November and worked at a local dollar store while attending school at an adult education center, the attorney for the family said.

http://time.com/5159134/who-is-the-florida-shooter-parkland-nicolas-cruz/

The family had another son who attended the school, Lewis said, and was on campus during the shooting. The son had no involvement in the shooting, Lewis said. He said the family did recall Cruz saying on Wednesday morning that he would not be going to school because he “doesn’t go to school on Valentine’s Day.”

We could start with addressing our issue of toxic masculinity and our macho relationship with the-thing-that-shall-not-be-named.

I was kind of shocked when I heard a young man from the school talk of how he was able to shelter some students by putting Kevlar curtains from the JROTC room on them. Wonderful that he did that, but what was the JROTC program doing with Kevlar curtains in school? Did they have their own firearms training gallery in the school? Is this kind of thing also feeding that culture of toxic or violent masculinity?

iirc from an article I posted yesterday, they married in 2002 and he died in 2004.

So had Lynda adopted the boys with another man? Or were Lynda and Roger together in 1998 but married in 2002?

So Nikolas would have been 6 when his dad passed away in 2004. The boys would have been so young then when the mother tried to ask another family to take them. [emoji853][emoji853]

I totally get you want this to be preventable, as we all do, but what would be done to prevent these lone attackers? Lock people up for life who may commit a crime? Preventative punishment doesn't work in society. Interventions, sure, but what interventions? Would counselling have stopped this? 24/7 monitoring? Unfortunately until more is understood why this keeps happening and action taken at a broader preventative intervention level, nothing can be done at an individual level. It's a sad truth.

A PP flagged up that this man had a history of felony level offences that were never pursued by LE, or maybe never even brought to LE's attention. If any one of them had been taken further, it could have resulted in a felony conviction and made it impossible for him to have legally acquired a firearm. It would also have ensured he was more on LE radar than he was.

Maybe this is what's required - to stamp hard on these troubled young men as soon as they step out of line and ensure they can't legally acquire guns.

Everyone has access to opioids,too. But, of course, a discussion of opioid abuse should never include discussion of ACCESS, because the purveyers of the product depend upon wide Accessibility for their bottom line......and we all know that the bottom line is of far greater importance in this culture, than safeguarding and promoting the general welfare......................JMO

It looks to me like he was wearing a shirt with the school logo on it when arrested. The look on his face is like there is nobody there. How does one get in that state. I do not believe it is a naturally occurring human phenomenon. Something in society is messing these kids up.
I am surprised he didn’t do himself in.

He has crazy eyes in his school pic. He has dead eyes in his mugshot. Just nothing there at all.

Why do so many people keep referring to him as a kid? He is a MAN.

I have no desire to debate this with you, but males still have an adolescent brain at age 19.

I did not mean anything when I said “kid”...guy, person, man, whatever. I think there are plenty of other things to discuss.

I get what you are saying and I don’t disagree but at this point there has to be more to it. There is a problem. A serious problem with the mindset of some American youth, that you just don’t see in other nations.

Simple as that.

What happened in America, is "they" took God and prayer out of the schools.

A PP flagged up that this man had a history of felony level offences that were never pursued by LE, or maybe never even brought to LE's attention. If any one of them had been taken further, it could have resulted in a felony conviction and made it impossible for him to have legally acquired a firearm. It would also have ensured he was more on LE radar than he was.

Maybe this is what's required - to stamp hard on these troubled young men as soon as they step out of line and ensure they can't legally acquire guns.

Would this apply, though, if they were juvenile offenses? It sounds like many of these were done when he was under the age of 18. Just curious, as I'm not sure how the law works in these situations. Also heard an elected official on CNN say that Florida doesn't really enforce these laws, out of choice. Will try to find a link.

Maybe it would also help to have more public education about recognizing and understanding how to recognize symptoms of mental illness. Maybe some people don't understand it when they see it? IDK.

It confirms to me that he was adopted as an infant so however he turned out is down to whatever happened after his adoption, not before. Children from abusive backgrounds who are taken into care and adopted at 4 or 5 years old often come with a lot of baggage that can't be undone however loving the new home is. Either this man was born bad or he became bad after his adoption.

I believe he was born bad, based on behaviors described by neighbors in one of the articles above.

Would this apply, though, if they were juvenile offenses? It sounds like many of these were done when he was under the age of 18. Just curious, as I'm not sure how the law works in these situations. Also heard an elected official on CNN say that Florida doesn't really enforce these laws, out of choice. Will try to find a link.

Maybe it would also help to have more public education about recognizing and understanding how to recognize symptoms of mental illness. Maybe some people don't understand it when they see it? IDK.

MIAMI — One of the nation's largest school districts has reached an agreement with law enforcement agencies and the NAACP to reduce the number of students being charged with crimes for minor offenses.

The agreement with Broward County Public Schools in Florida, which officials planned to announce Tuesday, is one of the first comprehensive plans bringing together district officials, police and the state attorney's office to create an alternative to the zero-tolerance policies prevalent in many schools. It charges principals rather than school resource officers with being the primary decision makers in responding to student misbehavior.

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Lates...s-school-to-prison-pipeline.-A-national-model

I was kind of shocked when I heard a young man from the school talk of how he was able to shelter some students by putting Kevlar curtains from the JROTC room on them. Wonderful that he did that, but what was the JROTC program doing with Kevlar curtains in school? Did they have their own firearms training gallery in the school? Is this kind of thing also feeding that culture of toxic or violent masculinity?

Hurricane protection..?

-Nin

Five victims in two hospitals with unstable vital signs. Just heard on Fox News.

What happened in America, is "they" took God and prayer out of the schools.
When one cannot determine proper values and morals without the presence of a god that's the true problem.

Yesterday someone attempted to argue that school shootings have been happening since the 1700s. When exactly did "they" take prayer and god out of schools? Many people pray in silence so how exactly are people unable to do that in school now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey