FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I'm not sure how this happened, but I'll make myself more clear. I absolutely support the separation of church and state. I don't think it's appropriate or okay to mix the two. I find the idea that these violent incidents wouldn't happen if god was part of school offensive.

I've always loved this quote
97a2ab897f5d261e5caf26ad7d9c02e9.jpg

I'm sorry ....I have visited Websleuths almost daily for years and have a huge amount of respect for everyone here . I usually just read and do not comment much at all but I have to say something here .

I say this as an outsider . I live in Ireland and have never visited America . To us ...Americas gun laws are insane . We have mentally ill/ unstable people here too , we don't have school shootings (for that I feel very lucky) .

To instruct people to not discuss the only thing that can really stop these atrocities and their never ending occurrences (Americas Gun Laws) Is just plain wrong and really makes any conversation about this meaningless and changes nothing ...

This guy is gonna be just one more sick person , we've all seen many like him , there will be nothing really special and nothing will be truly learned from him , just like the many before him ....I can tell from a distance these horrible killing sprees will continue and increase. In this instance I am in complete disagreement and I believe ALL you guys should be talking about is serious changes to the availability of guns . (I'll take the suspension willingly as I feel I have to say this )

I can't begin to explain how obvious this is to the outside world ... my sincere condolences goes to America today. .

Thanks for speaking up. I agree that sometimes silence is not an option. :)

Okay I'm not sure how this happened, but I'll make myself more clear. I absolutely support the separation of church and state. I don't think it's appropriate or okay to mix the two. I find the idea that these violent incidents wouldn't happen if god was part of school offensive.

I've always loved this quote
cache.php

Yeah. I know plenty of atheists. Including a very close family member. They are all among the most ethical people I know.

Religion gives at least weekly reminders of what it means to be a decent person though, which can be helpful to many and importantly, it gives a sense of community. As many of thee shooters are alienated from society, that could be helpful.

Thanks for that SB! So what are your thoughts about how the things this creep posted fit into true cyber threats?

I think different courts would disagree honestly, but personally I agree with your prior posts that the statement wasn't specific enough for any prosecution or even school discipline since it was posted to a random Youtube account. If he had posted literally the exact same sentence in a school-specific facebook group or something more directly connected to the school or town I think the odds of prosecution/discipline would be much stronger. However I do think the statement he did make, even with where he made it, still merited a stronger investigation than it seems to have been given.

THANK YOU, JanIreland, for your post.

I'm sorry ....I have visited Websleuths almost daily for years and have a huge amount of respect for everyone here . I usually just read and do not comment much at all but I have to say something here .

I say this as an outsider . I live in Ireland and have never visited America . To us ...Americas gun laws are insane . We have mentally ill/ unstable people here too , we don't have school shootings (for that I feel very lucky) .

To instruct people to not discuss the only thing that can really stop these atrocities and their never ending occurrences (Americas Gun Laws) Is just plain wrong and really makes any conversation about this meaningless and changes nothing ...

This guy is gonna be just one more sick person , we've all seen many like him , there will be nothing really special and nothing will be truly learned from him , just like the many before him ....I can tell from a distance these horrible killing sprees will continue and increase. In this instance I am in complete disagreement and I believe ALL you guys should be talking about is serious changes to the availability of guns . (I'll take the suspension willingly as I feel I have to say this )

I can't begin to explain how obvious this is to the outside world ... my sincere condolences goes to America today. .

Yeah. I know plenty of atheists. Including a very close family member. They are all among the most ethical people I know.

Religion gives at least weekly reminders of what it means to be a decent person though, which can be helpful to many and importantly, it gives a sense of community. As many of thee shooters are alienated from society, that could be helpful.
I'm supportive of those who want to participate in religious services which are not related to, or part of, school, which was the origination of my posts about it.

[emoji4]

But it seems they did intervene. Hard. He was receiving mental health treatment. The school was attempting to address his behaviors with safeguards. Wen that didn't work he was expelled and sent to a school for troubled kids. He was reported to the FBI.

Mental health treatment is part of good parenting and generally undertaken with genuine concern and love, so yes. I agree his parents got him some help. That being said, if I was his mom I would have been monitoring his SM, and he would not have had a gun, a gun cabinet, or a key.

I think the school took disciplinary action as they would with any problematic child. Safeguards were definitely good measures to keep him functioning in the school environment with restrictions but were ultimately ineffective. Expulsion basically just made him somebody else's problem, and the FBI dropped the ball.

We need terroristic threat laws with bigger teeth. They have them in Texas. I know they have had them in the schools here for over 15 years.

I'm with you on being willing to take what comes for daring to mention the obvious.I try to abide by the rules out of respect but sometimes you have to speak out instead of dancing around the issue.
For the person clapping earlier....I wonder what they fear when it comes to a certain discussion.

IMO, we know how to talk about the things you mention when it comes to young people who become radicalized Muslims.

IMO, there's tremendous resistance to talking about how young people become radicalized in other ways (racial supremacy / hate, misogyny, anti-or-pro religion, violence in general).

:goodpost:

Reports were that he was receiving mental health treatment.

A report I read in the news media said he hadn't accessed mental health services for over a year.

http://www.richmond.com/news/nation...cle_df0927a2-dc94-52f8-8de9-5d27717b3825.html

I'm only bringing it up because some of our leaders have proposed it as a solution to the problem without discussing the problem of access to quality, affordable mental health care. There are many other factors to consider in finding ways to prevent this epidemic of gun violence.

This quote from your link about the Republic of Florida white supremacist Christian group, to which the school shooter belonged.

"I really feel like they're not any different from a terrorist group in the Middle East or anywhere else -- or even just like a gang," said Tallahassee resident Jay Godin in a phone interview with WTXL Tuesday.

Yes, very true. At one time, DHS regarded them as such, even going so far as to issue a comprehensive report on domestic terror groups like these,giving local LE some instruction and assistance on recognizing and tracking these groups and preventing violence.. IIRC, they caught some flak and had to withdraw the report.

https://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/04/16/extremist-report-draws-criticism-prompts-apology/

Mental health stuff emerging

CNN

Recall call to dad " I think I may have done something wrong"

Developmental delay/disability -- think of a child in an incubator for 19 years

• A developmental delay is more than being “a little behind” in skills. It’s a substantial lag.
  • There are five main areas of development in which kids can have delays.
  • Kids can have developmental delays in one or more of these areas of development.
[FONT=arial, sans-serif] developmental delay is more than just being “slower to develop” or “a little behind.” It means your child is continually behind in skills other kids his age have.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]it is not shy it is not growing up mentally socially emotionally -- a stalled car

[/FONT]Developmental disabilities are issues that kids don’t outgrow or catch up from, though they can make progress. They aren’t the same as learning disabilities, but they can make learning more difficult. Some conditions that can cause developmental disabilities include Down syndrome, Angelman syndrome, autism, fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD) and brain injuries.[FONT=arial, sans-serif]

[/FONT]https://www.understood.org/en/learning-attention-issues/treatments-approaches/early-intervention/what-you-need-to-know-about-developmental-delays

Cariis, he looks so off overall. Like a genetic thing? In the photo with his PD next to him his neck and chest are proportionally strange. The ears don’t help but even apart from that it seems there is some sort of anatomy distortion?

I’m sure he was bullied about his ears. Its sad to think if it were an issue for him that lobe correction wasn’t an option due to his Mother being the sole parent.

Do we know anything about his bio parents? And where his brother is currently?

A report I read in the news media said he hadn't accessed mental health services for over a year.

http://www.richmond.com/news/nation...cle_df0927a2-dc94-52f8-8de9-5d27717b3825.html

I'm only bringing it up because some of our leaders have proposed it as a solution to the problem without discussing the problem of access to quality, affordable mental health care. There are many other factors to consider in finding ways to prevent this epidemic of gun violence.

When did he purchase the rifle? I wonder if it coincided with his no longer keeping up with the local mental health clinic he had been receiving services from

I wondered if he stopped going after he turned 18.

Gun purchased feb.17

Thank you. I hadn't seen BettyP's post above and didn't want to repeat...

So, he stopped treatment about a year ago. Around the same time he purchased the rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member