FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In your opinion. [emoji106]
Were there not more than a single district involved?
Were complaints referred to a different geographical location omitted from Broward Sheriff dept letter?
Is the discrepancy there?

Were complaints referred to a different geographical location omitted from Broward Sheriff dept letter?

Yes, that's part of it. Some calls were while he was living in Palm Beach County w/ Deschamps.
Also, I believe some calls to the Cruz home involved his brother, mother and possibly not NC.

I thinks there lots of discrepancies in details at this point some different than originally reported.

Parkland Shooting.jpg

2 counties; Broward and Palm Beach

Different LE agencies too;

Coconut Creek
The sheriff’s office said Cruz was arrested by the Coconut Creek Police Department in a neighborhood in Coral Springs.

Cruz was arrested in the Coral Springs jurisdiction, by a Coconut Creek police officer and the booking report was submitted by Detective John Curcio Broward County SO.

3 emergency calls made in November 2017 in Palm Beach County (Lantana)

If anyone has a link for the purported 39 calls please advise.

OT

In my day, french fries, pizza, green beans, Salisbury steak and instant mashed potatoes dominated lunch lines.

Is ketchup still considered a vegetable in school lunches, I wonder? 🤣[emoji21]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketchup_as_a_vegetable

I remember many many moons ago in Jr. High, we could get a cheeseburger, bag of Fritos and a milk for a quarter. Every Thursday in the cafeteria they served chili burgers, sooooooo good!

I haven't followed this discussion as closely as I did in the beginning, but I wondered if anyone else has done some research about shootings (or lack thereof) in private and/or parochial schools? Are children in private educational settings safer than their public school counterparts? I found a few articles and liked this one, in particular.

Catholic schools, spared from mass school shootings, remain vigilant

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Eight days after the school shooting in Parkland, Florida, a Catholic high school more than 1,000 miles away conducted an active shooter training - planned two months ago - that suddenly had added urgency.

During the Feb. 22 training, teachers and administrators at Bishop McNamara High School in Forestville, Maryland, just outside of Washington, were asked when was the last time someone died in a school fire. The answer: 50 years ago. When asked when was the last time someone died in a mass school shooting the answer was last Wednesday.

Reinforcement of safety drills and discussion and training about how to respond to crisis situations is something schoolteachers and administrators in public and private schools across the country have long been accustomed to since the 1999 school shooting at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado. Catholic schools have not experienced mass shootings, but school leaders know they are not immune to these dangers and stress the need to be continually vigilant by reviewing safety procedures and urging students to be responsible for each other...

https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-u...spared-mass-school-shootings-remain-vigilant/

I believe it’s easy to say things like that if you’ve never, ever been in such a situation. And this is a man who won’t share an umbrella with his wife and child, so pardon me for being skeptical.

His actions speak volumes to me.

Michigan schools hit by string of threats during past week
Several schools report threats on social media, bullets in buildings

DETROIT - ClickOnDetroit has reported a rash of threats against schools in Michigan over the past two weeks.

The incidents have ranged from threatening comments on social media to bullets being found in school buildings. Some threats have prompted lockdowns at school buildings and at least one has forced an entire school district to cancel classes for a day.

Here is a recap of all of the school threats we have reported in the past week...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/michigan-schools-hit-by-string-of-threats-during-past-week

View attachment 130723

2 counties; Broward and Palm Beach

Different LE agencies too;

Coconut Creek
The sheriff’s office said Cruz was arrested by the Coconut Creek Police Department in a neighborhood in Coral Springs.

Cruz was arrested in the Coral Springs jurisdiction, by a Coconut Creek police officer and the booking report was submitted by Detective John Curcio Broward County SO.

3 emergency calls made in November 2017 in Palm Beach County (Lantana)

If anyone has a link for the purported 39 calls please advise.

Calls to Cruz home

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4388933-CAD-Calls-Original.html

WOW! This mother, Linda Cruz had no control over her kids at all. I’m surprised at the reasons for her calling police. At what age did she start to discipline her kids? I know a couple who did not believe in discipline until their kids were in their teens. CRAZY!!!

My sister who has spent years tracking down our family tree back to 1545 in Norwich UK posts all HER information online so extended family members we are unaware of can see information to complete the branches. Anything to do with me and my other sister and our spouses and children is kept as private as well as surviving siblings of our parents. It\s just a form of respect. Obviously my sister agreed to expose her name and spouse to others for maximum return but keeps our identity hidden. It's only fair I believe.

WOW! This mother, Linda Cruz had no control over her kids at all. I’m surprised at the reasons for her calling police. At what age did she start to discipline her kids? I know a couple who did not believe in discipline until their kids were in their teens. CRAZY!!!
I suggest you read further before drawing those conclusions.

I haven't followed this discussion as closely as I did in the beginning, but I wondered if anyone else has done some research about shootings (or lack thereof) in private and/or parochial schools? Are children in private educational settings safer than their public school counterparts? I found a few articles and liked this one, in particular.

Catholic schools, spared from mass school shootings, remain vigilant

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Eight days after the school shooting in Parkland, Florida, a Catholic high school more than 1,000 miles away conducted an active shooter training - planned two months ago - that suddenly had added urgency.

During the Feb. 22 training, teachers and administrators at Bishop McNamara High School in Forestville, Maryland, just outside of Washington, were asked when was the last time someone died in a school fire. The answer: 50 years ago. When asked when was the last time someone died in a mass school shooting the answer was last Wednesday.

Reinforcement of safety drills and discussion and training about how to respond to crisis situations is something schoolteachers and administrators in public and private schools across the country have long been accustomed to since the 1999 school shooting at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado. Catholic schools have not experienced mass shootings, but school leaders know they are not immune to these dangers and stress the need to be continually vigilant by reviewing safety procedures and urging students to be responsible for each other...

https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-u...spared-mass-school-shootings-remain-vigilant/

Low performing students are booted from charter, magnet and private schools, for the most part, to my knowledge.

They’re too often dumped back into the public domain, so to speak. [emoji26] Heck, some public school districts just boot students, too, and don’t have the resources (funding, staffing) to do much else, tbh. A metro school district where I live has repeatedly been investigated for discrimination/civil rights violation by the federal government. Dumping handicapped, challenged, minorities, etc at far higher rates than their Caucasian peers. Sad, really.

I suggest you read further before drawing those conclusions.

Which conclusions,she had no control over her kids? Her reasons for calling police?

For the record, I did read all the way to the end. I’m starting with 2008, going forward, who bought him the Xbox, who bought him the guns? They’re being disrespectful to her. So they just woke up on 8/22/2012 and started being that way? On 11/1/2012 they woke up that morning and started fighting with each other. Why didn’t she take control from the beginning? Of course at present time he’s out of control. He’s been allowed to do what he wants from the beginning.

Which conclusions,she had no control over her kids? Her reasons for calling police?

For the record, I did read all the way to the end. I’m starting with 2008, going forward, who bought him the Xbox, who bought him the guns? They’re being disrespectful to her. So they just woke up on 8/22/2012 and started being that way? On 11/1/2012 they woke up that morning and started fighting with each other. Why didn’t she take control from the beginning? Of course at present time he’s out of control. He’s been allowed to do what he wants from the beginning.

To me, those calls do not sound like out of control. They sound like a parent who has no clue.

There is a report she hit him as a baby. She denied he ever was in the wrong, she locked up food. Those things ae what red flag me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member